i just got a blackberry passport and it was fine until i started browsing which i was looking forward to... ad-type.google.com redirects 90% of the time and i'm totally frustated. please please please help. i had just before that day in my old htc one m7. i just disabled the java from the browser settings and it was gone. i couldn't find anywhere how to disable the java in my passport. pls pls pls pls pls pls help. :confused:
    09-15-15 11:41 AM
    ad-type.google.com isn't even a site and there's no way to disable Java on the Passport. I assume you meant this is taking over your browser and redirecting you like some sort of virus, in which case, I have to wonder what sites you're browsing as some of them are likely being hijacked by app ads - http://techcrunch.com/2015/03/19/mob...e-native-apps/
    09-15-15 01:08 PM
    for instance I just click on the link to this thread from my mail app which opens up the browser with this thread url which is being redirected with that link... basically everything
    09-15-15 01:18 PM
    By disabling java you mean javascript in the browser.

I don't believe you can do that in the native browser. I'd recommend you to buy a third party browser, such as, Browsie Browser http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59952700. It lets you do much more and its only for $0.99.

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/
    09-15-15 02:03 PM
    did u encounter a problem like this?
    09-15-15 02:25 PM
    thanks for letting me know how to avoid it but I need to solve the problem too..
    09-15-15 02:26 PM
    thanks for letting me know how to avoid it but I need to solve the problem too..
    Going by the article above, I think it's an issue with the browser. Google has rectified it by stopping such redirects. I haven't encountered it myself.

Do you know when this started happening to you? Does it happen on specific sites or all of them? Perhaps one of the websites you use is injecting your browser for redirects.
    If you have just moved to a new phone, did you restore using a backup? And if your previous device was also plagued with it?
    Perhaps factory restore can resolve it for you.

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/
    09-15-15 04:48 PM
    Does this only happen via WiFi, Mobile Network, or both?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 04:50 PM
    both :/
    09-16-15 12:18 AM
    i did factory reset but no luck.. :/ and mostly i click on links from my emails and facebook app and they too get redirected. even search engine results like google bing also gets redirected. its totally frustating.
    09-16-15 12:20 AM
    i did factory reset but no luck.. :/ and mostly i click on links from my emails and facebook app and they too get redirected. even search engine results like google bing also gets redirected. its totally frustating.
    Did you restore any settings after the reset?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 12:35 AM
    It's not happening over my cellular network *mostly* and it happens 100% , the time in wifi......

No I didn't restore any settings I did all the work from ground up
    09-16-15 12:50 AM
    Looks like router problem like some people reported
    09-16-15 12:54 AM
    Well if you've factory reset your BlackBerry and didn't restore anything I'd say we can rule out that the issue is on your device. (99% sure)

And that it is more likely your router is the cause. Try resetting it to factory too and login to it and check the dns servers.

If you're not sure what your dns server should be you could change it to:

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 12:56 AM
    So what shud I do
    09-16-15 12:56 AM
    So what shud I do
    Look for the device where you get your WiFi from and see the above steps I posted.
    BlackBerry Passport - ad-type.google.com cannot browse at all (2), how can I disable java?-linksys-wireless-g-router.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 01:05 AM
    Lol sorry. I replied before seeing your previous post! Nice post for the uninformed by the way.. XD
    Last edited by Hamid Zuhail; 09-16-15 at 01:19 AM.
    09-16-15 01:08 AM
    ill try what u said and get back to you thanks a lot!!
    09-16-15 01:19 AM
    I cleared all my default browser history and cache after disconnecting from my wifi network and restarted my browser and tried different websites and link and it works like a breeze.. I just installed play store and chrome browser in that I could disable the javascript and browse the Internet when connected to my wifi. If anyone by mistake connect to your wifi and browse with ur default browser disconnect from your wifi and clear the cache and history then browse using ur cellular data connection in ur blackberry passport for the time being..
    09-16-15 03:46 AM
    Had the same problem with adclick and found that the problem came from authorisation given to some websites (some of them I never knew the existence of like the adclick). As soon as I removed the authorisations I could go browsing again without those annoying redirections.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 08:25 PM
    I wonder why I can browse where ever I want on all of my BlackBerry 10 devices? Hmmm, how come I literally never have a problem browsing on any BlackBerry device I own?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 08:36 PM