But the salespeople aren’t saying there’s an upcoming device. The salespeople know before the CSRs the future device roadmap.
    Let's just be pleased we got some type of news about an upcoming BlackBerry 5G device. No need to argue that!

At this point this all we have and so at least better than nothing. Do we all want more information yes of course we do. No doubt on that.

Is the AT&T info credible or not? time will tell. But no need to take away any credit from OP who decided ..Hey I think this information should be shared with CB community and everybody else.

Myself looking foward to more confirming information that yes a BlackBerry 5G is on the way.
    bh7171 and hoytbowhunter like this.
    04-13-21 08:10 AM
    I think EVERYONE is looking forward to more information on a BlackBerry 5G....

But was August penciled in back when Q2 was the target? Now that they are talking later in the year.... does that still apply?

I do think OM is still moving forward, and will release something.... but clearly they aren't ready to get users primed for it just yet. Which in it's self seems strange to me. Only reasons I can think of, is they haven't finalized the design or the software solutions yet.

My money would be the software is the real hold up...
    04-13-21 09:18 AM

But was August penciled in back when Q2 was the target? Now that they are talking later in the year.... does that still apply?

I do think OM is still moving forward, and will release something.... but clearly they aren't ready to get users primed for it just yet. Which in it's self seems strange to me. Only reasons I can think of, is they haven't finalized the design or the software solutions yet.

The sticker orders are backlogged....
    anon(5597702) and JeepBB like this.
    04-13-21 09:21 AM

Yeah ...and of course you don't mention world Pandemic, world shortage of chips, etc....of course this is nothing that should slow down and or impact a company like OM trying to launch a BlackBerry device with name that has so much riding on it.

Once again does not matter what is said or not...it's so much easier to thrash, laugh or whatever. Unreal.
    bh7171 likes this.
    04-13-21 09:49 AM
    Yeah ...and of course you don't mention world Pandemic, world shortage of chips, etc....of course this is nothing that should slow down and or impact a company like OM trying to launch a BlackBerry device with name that has so much riding on it.

Once again does not matter what is said or not...it's so much easier to thrash, laugh or whatever. Unreal.
    Why is there so much riding on this?

Blackberry certainly doesn't care a whole lot. Industry for sure hasn't been clamouring for it.

OM is just an upstart smartphone company that, after spinning its wheels for a year or more, thought they finally found an angle with the recently-made available BlackBerry logo, and is trying to make a buck.

No one but OM would lose a single day of sleep if they failed.

And again, no one is trashing anyone. It's a sensible discussion about business prospects.
    Last edited by conite; 04-13-21 at 01:31 PM.
    04-13-21 10:25 AM

Sorry... what in my statement is thrashing, laughing or whatever?

I'm just pointing out that someone at AT&T saying August right now, "might" be going off of older data. This isn't the first time someone has said AT&T was going to have it - which in itself is GREAT to see a major carrier could be supporting it.

I don't think it really matters if it's August or October.... it comes when it comes and the demand will be what it is.
    04-13-21 10:31 AM

I’ll simply voicing my personal viewpoints and opinions. I feel pretty confident about my viewpoints. If AT&T does offer the device as carrier locked, sold and supported, that’s a win for me as everyone here knows, AT&T is my primary carrier and I’d buy the device since that’s only way I’d buy from an unknown company such as Onwards Mobility and usually BlackBerry Limited itself.

Do you think anyone’s opinion is really going to change OM project trajectory?
    04-13-21 10:40 AM
    Do you think anyone’s opinion is really going to change OM project trajectory?
    Which is why it would be pointless for OM to spend any time here... or to give up info that they aren't sure about.
    04-13-21 11:24 AM
    I’m pretty sure OM doesn’t hang out here by design and directly related to Rico’s points! The mirror is always honest, no matter if you like or dislike what you see. But please, by all means, carry on!
    Leather_nun likes this.
    04-13-21 01:19 PM
    I’m pretty sure OM doesn’t hang out here by design and directly related to Rico’s points! The mirror is always honest, no matter if you like or dislike what you see. But please, by all means, carry on!
    If OM can't cut it here, then heaven help them. Lol.
    04-13-21 01:35 PM
    If OM can't cut it here, then heaven help them. Lol.
    True.... but why bother.

Nothing has changed here in the two years they have been around.... besides, most of them have two or three jobs to keep them busy. And I doubt any of them are really involved with the software or hardware... other than approvals.
    04-13-21 02:43 PM
    Figure out which carrier offers the best coverage for where you spend the most time. Once narrowed down, see which promotions are best deal. Could be some BOGO deal if you have a partner. Could be sale price for a new phone line. Usually, the promotion, spread over 30 months is worth it.
    THANK YOU!!

I just got off the phone with ___ (I'm on a cash MVNO using ___ towers) ... speaking with "Tower Owner"

I can only say WOW. The Robo-Receptionist quickly fetched a HUMAN by only speaking "Agent" one time

When I asked "Tower Owner" can I BYOD a used Device originally sold from Carrier? Explained I was on the Cash MVNO of their towers, most likely a tech support deal...

the CSR asks if I'm over 55 - "If you've time, I have other options that may be better for you"... HALF their "unlimitted everything" rate - locked in, your bill will never go up - then was offered long list of Free Phones. I did have to ask for iPhone, but the SE was included in "Free for Boomers"

I'd imagine the other 2 Carriers - competition happens. For OLD PPL - the monthly tab for "unlimitted everything" (including hot-spot) and +/- $14 mo. for a nice device, came out to $4 over cost of my landline. So that 'BOGO' thing you said, if anyone's got a 'boomer in the house' it'd make sense Carrier would want to RETAIN 'em.

I'm not one for "Commit on Impulse", but chances are the young lady will call at the agreed time tomorrow.

When the results are in, I'll update with what shakes out. I was even offered "add a line" for only $15 a month more - when I explained my daughter's 26, she'd not qualify, was told - nope. Add a line is to include family members (No, I still don't believe this... yet)

I'm absolutely keeping my Passport - the battery's only 2 years old, the Camera alone warrants that. There's stuff (like 'Moments') the Passport does 'Natively' (like photo editor, etc) make it well worth keeping.

Thanks Again
    LN
    04-13-21 04:51 PM
    If the device happens, it has to be some version of Corporate Kickstarter, where a carrier puts up the initial order to meet the minimum requirements. That means a lot can happen before it ever happens or simply doesn't happen.
    04-13-21 05:13 PM
    It's not a salesperson, it's a longtime friend who is the manager, he wouldn't tell me false information.
    You're right, salespeople often say what customers want to hear. But, why would AT&T reps independently give August as the date without first asking? That seems more than circumstantial. There does seem to be a timetable. Right?
    04-13-21 06:40 PM
    It's not a salesperson, it's a longtime friend who is the manager, he wouldn't tell me false information.
    Now it will be ...AT&T managers also can't rely on what they say and if It's a friend who knows what your "friend" wants to tell you....

Like I said ...I appreciate your post and from what you told me seems like a completely reliable source of info (aka leak).
    04-13-21 06:50 PM
    Well we have less than 30 days to see OM submit a phone to the FCC. If we see a submission by then we know the August date is close to correct.
    04-13-21 08:38 PM
    If the device happens, it has to be some version of Corporate Kickstarter, where a carrier puts up the initial order to meet the minimum requirements. That means a lot can happen before it ever happens or simply doesn't happen.
    Great for AT&T users.... but let's hope it's not tied with some kind of exclusivity. With all the "hate" on AT&T some here have, it will be a heck of thing if they are the only option for US users.

But that's not how Sonim works so I don't expect OM will either...
    04-14-21 08:26 AM
    Great for AT&T users.... but let's hope it's not tied with some kind of exclusivity. With all the "hate" on AT&T some here have, it will be a heck of thing if they are the only option for US users.

I believe if one carrier has then all would have. Sonim has AT&T, VZW and by way of Sprint initially, TMO as well.

AT&T, VZW and maybe TMO as well, I'm not sure, have been really pushing their first responder program on TV recently. Maybe there's angle there?
    04-14-21 10:15 AM
    At the very least we have some acknowledgement from a carrier employee of the future existence of said device. At least someone there has heard of the darn thing.
    04-14-21 10:41 AM
    A few days ago, the information was spread that AT&T will probably include the new 5G smartphone from OnwardMobility in its portfolio in August. Some minor details about the camera and memory were revealed. Now, another piece of the mosaic might have surfaced.

FCC documents researched by a friend appear to show the back of the new 5G BlackBerry with the camera setup. Also visible are three buttons, as well as a headphone jack.

More research is still needed to be 100% sure, but we didn't want to withhold this hopefully correct info from anyone interested. Please check the FCC website for more information and help to find more details. An help is appreciated.

04-14-21 01:35 PM
    Wow! Things are heating up perhaps.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-14-21 01:40 PM
    A few days ago, the information was spread that AT&T will probably include the new 5G smartphone from OnwardMobility in its portfolio in August. Some minor details about the camera and memory were revealed. Now, another piece of the mosaic might have surfaced.

FCC documents researched by a friend appear to show the back of the new 5G BlackBerry with the camera setup. Also visible are three buttons, as well as a headphone jack.

More research is still needed to be 100% sure, but we didn't want to withhold this hopefully correct info from anyone interested. Please check the FCC website for more information and help to find more details. An help is appreciated.

[IMG=502x512]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210414/45d6b45ba7a0428ac94c14943b564a97.jpg[/url]
    What company had made the application? Because it's not BlackBerry or Onward Mobility.

I'd love to dive into it.

Edit: It's the Cricket Ovation 2.
    Last edited by conite; 04-14-21 at 03:28 PM.
    04-14-21 01:44 PM

There will still be an unlocked version for us T-Mobile users and Verizon seems to be getting more friendly with the BYOD users.
    04-14-21 01:49 PM

[IMG=502x512]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210414/45d6b45ba7a0428ac94c14943b564a97.jpg[/url]
    Looks like they wisely chose not to put the fingerprint sensor beneath the spacebar. Though side mounted would have been better than on the back.
    bh7171 likes this.
    04-14-21 02:09 PM
    I hate back fingerprint model. Its the most limiting of all designs
    Winnertrack likes this.
    04-14-21 02:32 PM
156 ... 34567