Hey Guys can i still use My loved blackberry passport when BBos goes eol if i sideload some apps as I dont wanna change My phone
    Last edited by choveloqe; 01-20-21 at 05:15 AM.
    01-19-21 08:18 PM
    Hey Guys can i still use My loved blackberry passport when BBos goes eol if i sideload some apps as I dont wanna change My phone
    You can use it until 3G is shut down in your area.
    01-20-21 01:06 AM
    Even without bbproctect too right?
    01-20-21 04:53 AM
    You can use it until 3G is shut down in your area.
    Of what i can read on Google i can use it with 4g instead of 3g too as it never showed 3g at me??
    01-20-21 05:19 AM
    Of what i can read on Google i can use it with 4g instead of 3g too as it never showed 3g at me??
    On the Passport, only data goes over 4G LTE and doesnโ€™t appear to be VoLTE supported
    01-20-21 08:00 AM
    On the Passport, only data goes over 4G LTE and doesnโ€™t appear to be VoLTE supported
    So when 3g is gone i can still use it with 4g right bro?
    01-20-21 08:02 AM
    Even without bbproctect too right?
    You could keep BB Protect on for now.... but before BlackBerry shutdown the servers next year... you'll need to remove BB Protect as well as possibly your BBID. But with your BBID goes BBW....

We haven't seen any of the carrier's that are phasing out CDMA and GSM show the Passport supports their VoLTE over 4G connections. In the end, only time will tell. But I'd have a backup plan in place
    01-20-21 08:45 AM
    You could keep BB Protect on for now.... but before BlackBerry shutdown the servers next year... you'll need to remove BB Protect as well as possibly your BBID. But with your BBID goes BBW....

We haven't seen any of the carrier's that are phasing out CDMA and GSM show the Passport supports their VoLTE over 4G connections. In the end, only time will tell. But I'd have a backup plan in place
    Alright thx so next year i should get the bbproctect off
    01-20-21 08:49 AM
    For data, yes. But not for talk and text.
    01-20-21 09:39 AM
    For data, yes. But not for talk and text.
    U sure i can't use for text etc too as on Google it say it use 4g for text and call?
    01-20-21 09:52 AM
    For internet, yes. Phone calls, no.
    01-20-21 01:50 PM
    Data will work as long as you have a supported band on 4G.

Phone calls only work with 3G or with VoLTE. 3G is being phased out (there are hard dates for it ending in the US a year from now, for example) and VoLTE isn't supported by your phone, which means once 3G is gone, your phone will stop being a phone, and will only function like a tablet: data only.
    01-21-21 10:36 AM

IIRC, BB Protect seems to toggle itself back on if the BBID is signed in on the device.
    01-21-21 12:55 PM
    IIRC, BB Protect seems to toggle itself back on if the BBID is signed in on the device.
    Yes, it's a very stupid feature in the first place.

That's why one should wipe immediately after making sure BB Protect is disabled so that it doesn't have time to turn itself back on.

On iOS and Android you can remove the accounts without wiping the phone, but BB had the "genius" idea to force the user to have to wipe it to get rid of the BBID.
    01-21-21 02:08 PM
    Yes, it's a very stupid feature in the first place.

That's why one should wipe immediately after making sure BB Protect is disabled so that it doesn't have time to turn itself back on.

On iOS and Android you can remove the accounts without wiping the phone, but BB had the "genius" idea to force the user to have to wipe it to get rid of the BBID.
    Expect it was part of the security, not allowing data to remain unless locked to a BBID. Remove the KEY or BBID and the data needed to go.... ?

Protect turning back on...
    01-21-21 02:31 PM
    Expect it was part of the security, not allowing data to remain unless locked to a BBID. Remove the KEY or BBID and the data needed to go.... ?

Protect turning back on...
    Well, iOS and Android devices are obviously being used by enterprise and governments everywhere, and those don't force the user to wipe it in order to remove the account.

Seems more like an annoyance than anything else.
    01-21-21 02:39 PM
    Well, iOS and Android devices are obviously being used by enterprise and governments everywhere, and those don't force the user to wipe it in order to remove the account.

I agree it's an annoyance and not "really" necessary.... but then neither is locking the boot rom on their Android Devices.
    01-21-21 02:52 PM

Yes, but when BB10 first came out in 2013, it was the best and most secure method at tying data to a user.

Now, as you indicate, the other platforms have caught up and even moved ahead in many ways.
    01-21-21 02:52 PM
    With all this invasive and banning activity going on , this will be the perfect time for BlackBerry to Drop a BB11 OS version .
    01-22-21 06:30 PM
    With all this invasive and banning activity going on , this will be the perfect time for BlackBerry to Drop a BB11 OS version .
    So a BlackBerry World wouldn't moderate?

If anything, a Canadian company would be even more unfavourable to right-wing extremism.
    01-22-21 07:06 PM
    good to know , we have 2G in Germany after 3G shutdown. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป
    01-23-21 03:01 AM
    good to know , we have 2G in Germany after 3G shutdown. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป
    Yes,....indeed! Thank god!

Posted via CB10
    01-26-21 02:33 AM
    So a BlackBerry World wouldn't moderate?

If anything, a Canadian company would be even more unfavourable to right-wing extremism.
    They'd leave the apps up, but turn over all the user data to the authorities when they issued a warranty....

BlackBerry has always made their views on supporting the authorities/governments, very clear.
    01-26-21 11:12 AM
    I have a Blackberry Silver Edition SQW 100-4 with AT&T LTE service. In the general category it shows LTE operating bands(1,2,3,4,5,7,8,13,17,20). My question is, will this phone work in LTE and or 4g service areas in 2022?
    02-02-21 11:08 AM
    I have a Blackberry Silver Edition SQW 100-4 with AT&T LTE service. In the general category it shows LTE operating bands(1,2,3,4,5,7,8,13,17,20). My question is, will this phone work in LTE and or 4g service areas in 2022?
    Of course. But don't confuse VoLTE with 4G/LTE.
    02-02-21 11:11 AM
156 123 ...