I am a big fan of tech. Especially phones, always have been always will be. Even when I was a little kid I used to have a toy mobile phone! I grew up in the era of Nokia 3210's (I'm 33yo) and have had many many phones always trying out the latest and greatest devices. I moved away from iphones just after the iPhone 8 and moved to android. The current android phone I have is the s10plus.
    However about 5 years ago I was bored of the whole slab design and wanted something different. After searching online for strange form factor phones I came across the passport and fell in love with it! Fast forward 5 years and I now have a black passport a white passport and a silver edition passport (which I am writing this on!)

As much as the samsung literally does everything I need it to and does it well, I still find my self craving to use the Blackberry! There is just something so damn satisfying about typing on this keyboard and looking at this big square screen! I feel like I'm being productive, even when I'm just replying to a text or something. The os is so fluid I love the gestures on here (which apple and android have totally copied) I love the fact you can see all your active apps on the home screen and with a slight peek to the left you can check your inboxes. On top of all that the phone it's self is super nice to look at! Especially the silver edition. It has that sort of Macbook look about it. I just love it.
    As of tonight I have put my sim back in it and put the s10 in the drawer!

I really hope this new blackberry we are getting next year is as good as the passport!

Something about this phone that might bother people is the lack of apps available these days. However I kinda look at this as a positive thing. I can't be going and checking Insta or facebook every five mins or be bombarded with notifications from pinterest or any other crap that I might of downloaded. It's just clean and simple.

If someone is reading this and thinking about moving over to a passport then I think you need to be prepared to have a slight digital detox in the process. Don't get me wrong though, even in 2020 this phone still can run some apps and run them well! I will list some of the android apps that I use and have had no issues with:

Whatsapp - downloaded from whatsapps website.

Uptodown app store - basically the playstore. Some work some dont.

Waze for navigation (works perfect and has live traffic)

Spotify - Works perfect downloaded from amazon app store.

Firefox 57.0.4 - for Web browsing and the default browser in desktop mode.

Audible -did have the app working but now doesn't seem to be so I use the website. If anyone can help with this it would be much appreciated!

Mobile banking - There has been the odd time I've had to log into my banking when out and about. I've used the browser and saved a shortcut to the homescreen. It's slow and sometimes crashes but it is a way to access your money if you need to.

Messenger Lite - Facebooks lite version of messenger works well on bb10. You can even see when the other person is typing. My blackberry actually receives the messages a short time before the samsung...strange!

Amazon - Sadly the built in amazon app no longer runs. So I use the browser and again have saved a shortcut to the home screen. It works pretty quick and smooth in desktop mode!

Soundhound - Shazam equivalent downloaded from the Uptodown app store. Works well and has recognised every song I've thrown at it so far!

Email - the hub takes care of this perfectly.

As you can see the passport is definitely still usable. You just have to do a bit of messing around finding the right work arounds and have a bit of patents.

It's also worth noting on here that the passports camera isn't all that bad. In good lighting it can actually take a really nice photo with quite natural colour tones. In dim lighting it's not great but does have a very powerful flash.

I could go on and on about all the little quirks I love about this phone. Chances are though, if you are reading this on the Crackberry forum then you probably already know
    09-26-20 05:55 PM
    Yep, been using mine for 6 years and still going - how much longer - unknown.
    09-26-20 08:05 PM
    Yep, been using mine for 6 years and still going - how much longer - unknown.
    I heard something about Jan. 4, 2022... might have been a rumor
    09-26-20 08:53 PM
    I heard something about Jan. 4, 2022... might have been a rumor
    Yes, I think I heard something about that also. . May not stop me tho, lol.
    09-26-20 09:03 PM
    Yes, I think I heard something about that also. . May not stop me tho, lol.
    If you remove BB Protect and then wipe the thing and then use it without a BBID, then indeed it may not stop you lol.

3G shutdown is another story, but no one really knows if they'll for sure cease to be able to make/receive calls and SMS in the US.
    09-26-20 09:33 PM
    Yep, whatever happens, happens.
    09-26-20 09:43 PM
    I've been a BB fan boy since they were Blueberry's. The 4810 was my favorite. I've got a stack of dead Passports as high as a coke can. My current Passport is a true street fighter and will probably last another year. However, the browser only gets about 80% of the Web pages I use so it is what it is. I have a nice Blackview 9900 but I hate using it because of no PKB. However I may have to swap Sims with it and make it my primary because it simply handles modern needs much better. I despise Android and I hate not having a PKB. So my current set up will likely involve some digital lifestyle shifting. Eff Google.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-20 03:09 AM
    Had my first passport for only 2 days, and I wouldn't go back to a glass slab or Android if you paid me. Sure it takes a little getting use to but the form factor and keyboard are amazing. I'm 39 so went through the generations of nokias and blackberries, and duno why I fell for the spying devices of today. . This passport is perfect, some stuff might not work but if you search around there is usually an alternative.

Feel free to add me 2C1E555E

Let's grow this community and show blackberry that blackberry OS isn't dead

Typing this is actually a really good experience, the best thing thought for me about blackberry is the lack of 100s of apps throwing notifications at you every time you look at it.... bliss

Posted via CB10
    10-03-20 02:09 PM
    I love my passport. Typing this on one. The design is perfect and great to read on

Posted via CB10
    10-04-20 07:37 AM
    I have a black passport. Google is a spyware institution. I have nothing from google on my phone. The BB 10 system is simple and sufficient for me,
    I greet everyone from Poland
    Jaroslaw Kozak likes this.
    10-04-20 07:57 AM
    I loaded Audible onto my Classic last week. I think I grabbed the latest version from apkpure or a similar site. App runs slowly but works. It even syncs the place you left off, cross platform.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-20 09:13 AM
    Had my first passport for only 2 days, and I wouldn't go back to a glass slab or Android if you paid me. Sure it takes a little getting use to but the form factor and keyboard are amazing. I'm 39 so went through the generations of nokias and blackberries, and duno why I fell for the spying devices of today. . This passport is perfect, some stuff might not work but if you search around there is usually an alternative.

Typing this is actually a really good experience, the best thing thought for me about blackberry is the lack of 100s of apps throwing notifications at you every time you look at it.... bliss

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to the square side! Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Typing is just much more enjoyable isn't it. It might be a bit slower but it's 100% a better experience.
    It's a good time to get into blackberry again what with the new phone just around the corner! Although it's going to have to be something special to make me leave the Passport SE.
    There are plenty of work arounds if you really want to use the passport you will find a way!
    I have switched to Fennec F Droid browser and it's given the passport a much fresher lease of life. It seems to be able to handle all modern websites and doesn't crash or take forever!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-20 07:09 AM
    I can't be going and checking Insta or facebook every five mins or be bombarded with notifications from pinterest or any other crap that I might of downloaded
    Yeah, especially shopping apps. I know what and when I need to buy, haha!

Been using my Passport full time since June, definitely felt relieved as a main detox phone. Can't let go of my Android for other needs tho.

Passport in 2020, believe it or not.
    10-06-20 10:59 AM
    The BlackBerry PKB...there is no substitute. Virtual keyboards on glass rectangle slabs are for people who wash paper plates. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-20 02:52 PM
    Folks that are paranoid about Google. Please, kindly note that BlackBerry Passport has its own merits even without resorting to "spyware" argument. Typing on my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition is just a pure bliss. Nevertheless, I do enjoy my BlackBerry KEYone Bronze Edition as well as my primary smartphone.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    the_boon likes this.
    10-11-20 06:18 AM
    The passport is good enough for me, the only reason I have to replace my pp by ipnone is the contact. I could not sync the google contact to the pp. I have tried with the instruction about sync by carddav but not success
    10-12-20 10:55 AM
    Hey. Which Spotify version are you running on your Passport? I tried a few and couldn't get them to work.
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-20 08:56 PM
    Hi for Spotify I believe you can download it from the Amazon Appstore app

Posted via CB10
    10-29-20 04:56 PM
    Hi for Spotify I believe you can download it from the Amazon Appstore app

Posted via CB10
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    10-29-20 05:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    can we download Lazada, Shopee app? thanks

Q10
    11-07-20 07:43 PM
    can we download Lazada, Shopee app? thanks

Q10
    You seem to have a LOT of app needs. Why not consider a new phone?
    11-08-20 03:29 PM
    can we use MS team account download for Passport?

Q10
    11-10-20 07:18 PM

Q10
    I don't believe so. For all the modern Android/iOS social media and similar business apps, it's best not to run on BB10 anyway.

If you feel device getting warm or app really slow, good indicator not optimal BB10 compatibility
    11-10-20 08:53 PM

Q10
    No.
    11-10-20 09:34 PM

Q10
    Google + "search" = most your answers

Generally most questions about poplar apps have been asked and answered a number of times here. And the sticky post here are also a wealth of BB10 App info https://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-apps-f274/
    11-11-20 07:42 AM
34 12