I would like to know if the cobalt emulator influences the battery life of the BlackBerry Passport, it would be better to remove it and only use the emulator that is downloaded from the store or would do, my phone I have it since 2014 and now 2019 I used it again but it only lasts 6 hours of normal continuous use, not stressful. Answer this concern please, I thank you very much

Posted via CB10
    08-11-19 01:16 AM
    I would like to know if the cobalt emulator influences the battery life of the BlackBerry Passport, it would be better to remove it and only use the emulator that is downloaded from the store or would do, my phone I have it since 2014 and now 2019 I used it again but it only lasts 6 hours of normal continuous use, not stressful. Answer this concern please, I thank you very much

Posted via CB10
    It takes some battery, but not a lot.

Frankly, I'd just use Yalp these days over that old solution. It's a Google Play Store client.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3kmdftic23...egacy.apk?dl=0
    otaku2 likes this.
    08-11-19 08:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    Since your phone is getting close to 5 years old, I would say that your battery is nearing the end of it's life. The cobalt stack does not affect your battery life any more than many other apps. However having TOO many android apps on your device WILL increase the battery drain. At this point, the cobalt solution is not being updated anymore and if I were you I would just delete all the files and go with the Yalp store: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sergey...egacy-release/ or some other android apk store such as APKmirror or APKpure.
    08-11-19 08:55 AM
    Since your phone is getting close to 5 years old, I would say that your battery is nearing the end of it's life. The cobalt stack does not affect your battery life any more than many other apps. However having TOO many android apps on your device WILL increase the battery drain. At this point, the cobalt solution is not being updated anymore and if I were you I would just delete all the files and go with the Yalp store: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sergey...egacy-release/ or some other android apk store such as APKmirror or APKpure.
    It really sucks that merely having the apk's installed drains more battery, as opposed to only when said apk's are being actively used
    08-11-19 10:24 AM
    It really sucks that merely having the apk's installed drains more battery, as opposed to only when said apk's are being actively used
    The longer I have kept my Passport in operation, the more I'm convinced that android apps are just not ideal to run on BB10. The runtime, imo, is just a stopgap solution and should probably be used ONLY in absolutely rationed cases. My Passport almost never heats up simply because I'm not running anything that requires constant network connection or extreme video resources. Just checking as I sit here and my device is running at 25 degrees.
    08-11-19 10:36 AM
    The longer I have kept my Passport in operation, the more I'm convinced that android apps are just not ideal to run on BB10. The runtime, imo, is just a stopgap solution and should probably be used ONLY in absolutely rationed cases. My Passport almost never heats up simply because I'm not running anything that requires constant network connection or extreme video resources. Just checking as I sit here and my device is running at 25 degrees.
    Right, but we all know BBW isn't exactly a great source of popular apps so Cobalt's Play Store (or Yalp) is there to save the day.
    08-11-19 10:55 AM
    Right, but we all know BBW isn't exactly a great source of popular apps so Cobalt's Play Store (or Yalp) is there to save the day.
    And I say if you need lots of modern android apps you are probably using the wrong device if you want to stick with BB10. The odd few apps are not much of a problem for the Passport to handle but we all know that people tend to download and install far more apps than they would ever use on a daily, weekly or even on a monthly basis. Check your own device. How many apps do you have on your KEY2 device that you have not used in the past month? If you are like many (if not most) there will be plenty. This is my gripe with BB10 users who complain about android apps on the platform. Most are probably on that device not being used for weeks. My mantra is: If you absolutely NEED more than 15 android apps, you are better off with an iOS or android device.
    08-11-19 11:08 AM
    And I say if you need lots of modern android apps you are probably using the wrong device if you want to stick with BB10. The odd few apps are not much of a problem for the Passport to handle but we all know that people tend to download and install far more apps than they would ever use on a daily, weekly or even on a monthly basis. Check your own device. How many apps do you have on your KEY2 device that you have not used in the past month? If you are like many (if not most) there will be plenty. This is my gripe with BB10 users who complain about android apps on the platform. Most are probably on that device not being used for weeks. My mantra is: If you absolutely NEED more than 15 android apps, you are better off with an iOS or android device.
    I guess, and we're talking about the Passport here (5 years old now but flagship specs for the time) , which is the most capable BB10 device as far as performance goes.

Things get even worse if you try using many Android apps on the older ones.
    brookie229 likes this.
    08-11-19 11:12 AM
    It takes some battery, but not a lot.

Frankly, I'd just use Yalp these days over that old solution. It's a Google Play Store client.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3kmdftic23...egacy.apk?dl=0
    I installed Yalp, but I cannot download from it. It keeps on saying login when I goto category option. It just shows me the apps that iv already installed before.
    I'm on 10.3.2 passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-19 03:27 AM
    I installed Yalp, but I cannot download from it. It keeps on saying login when I goto category option. It just shows me the apps that iv already installed before.
    I'm on 10.3.2 passport.

Posted via CB10
    You installed the forked Yalp from my link?

If so, you're doing something wrong - it works perfectly well.
    08-19-19 06:57 AM
    You installed the forked Yalp from my link?

If so, you're doing something wrong - it works perfectly well.
    I tried the link u gave for Yalp, it just gives a white screen on native and as well as on paperbird browser. All browsers are giving me white screen as I click on it. Please send alternative link please.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-19 07:16 AM
    I tried the link u gave for Yalp, it just gives a white screen on native and as well as on paperbird browser. All browsers are giving me white screen as I click on it. Please send alternative link please.

Posted via CB10
    My link is good.

Download to PC and then transfer over to your phone.
    08-19-19 07:22 AM
    Link definitely works. Mine is up and running. Although updates do fail every time. Oh well, one battle at a time.

Posted with my Passport
    08-20-19 09:28 PM
    Link definitely works. Mine is up and running. Although updates do fail every time. Oh well, one battle at a time.

Posted with my Passport
    Fail how? What message do you get?
    08-20-19 09:32 PM
    Updates show up in the hub. I then click on them and they open in Yalp. I then press the update all in Yalp and the screen flashes and returns to the recents screen. Also I get a login warning and it then attempts to login and fails.

Posted with my Passport
    08-20-19 09:59 PM
    Updates show up in the hub. I then click on them and they open in Yalp. I then press the update all in Yalp and the screen flashes and returns to the recents screen. Also I get a login warning and it then attempts to login and fails.

Posted with my Passport
    You can't update all. You have to do one at a time.
    08-20-19 10:02 PM
    When I try one at a time, instead of the login issue, screen flashes and it returns to recents.

Posted with my Passport
    08-20-19 10:05 PM
    You can't update all. You have to do one at a time.
    Downloaded yalp from pc
    I'm facing the same logi issue, login failed.unable to install app too.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-19 11:28 PM
    OK, I'll try it, how do I bring it over? Through link or blend? Thanks,

Posted with my Passport
    08-20-19 11:43 PM
    When I try one at a time, instead of the login issue, screen flashes and it returns to recents.

Posted with my Passport
    Downloaded yalp from pc
    I'm facing the same logi issue, login failed.unable to install app too.

Posted via CB10
    Sign in with your own Google credentials.
    08-20-19 11:44 PM
    Signed in with Google. Still no joy. Very strange.

Posted with my Passport
    08-21-19 12:40 AM
    Sign in with your own Google credentials.
    I did, but not logging in.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-19 09:34 AM
    Signed in with Google. Still no joy. Very strange.

Posted with my Passport
    I did, but not logging in.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I'm happily using this version every day on my Z30, so I can't explain your issue.
    08-22-19 09:35 AM
    Yes it is strange. Oh well, the apps work as expected. Will keep investigating. Thanks,

Posted with my Passport
    08-22-19 09:56 AM
    Quick question, is this link the forked version? I can't get Conite's link to open. Also when I click on your link it directs me to Yalp store. Which types of APK files do I choose? 4.1 with or without DPI? Thank you,

Posted with my Passport
    08-26-19 01:21 PM
35 12