Yes they sell in the millions cause there is a much larger market for lower end phones in many poorer countries like India and China examples

Posted via CB10
    Yes, and the devices get good reviews too, and clearly function well. Millions are being bought and actually used - they aren't bought as paperweights.

BB10 CAN'T run on 1GB, let alone well.

That's all this is about.
    02-07-17 12:59 PM
    I'm going to back Conite up here and say this.... The PlayBook never had BB10 because of the memory limitation. Other than the memory it is nearly the same hardware as the Z10. John Chen specifically said they did not bring BB10 to the PlayBook because it did not have enough memory to run BB10 efficiently.

Maybe eventually BB10 could get there but it won't and didn't.
    I completely agree with this comment.
    02-07-17 01:08 PM
    My apologies, I never owned a Playbook and thought it got the update that they promised lol. Ha ha promised. That's funny. Ha ha.

Posted via CB10
    I own two Playbooks. The Playbook debacle is when I felt betrayed by Backberry.
    02-07-17 01:10 PM
    Yes, and the devices get good reviews too, and clearly function well. Millions are being bought and actually used - they aren't bought as paperweights.

BB10 CAN'T run on 1GB, let alone well.

That's all this is about.
    This guy talks in a lot of absolutes lol and I've seen a lot of the absolutes debunked in a lot of threads. I'm sure bb10 can be installed on a 1gb device as its core functions are not distinct from that of the playbook like I said apart from gui changes and extra code for the runtime. You can also strip android functionality from bb10 and still have the core os which can be installed in lighter devices. There are tons of android devices that are used as paper weights. I have a lot that I bought for cheap to use as interims. Also, getting a good review is speculative and belongs to the opinion of the reviewer.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 01:12 PM
    Just stop arguing and look at past articles and facts. Here's two sources of information. Hopefully these put it to rest.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Black...ayBook_id45211

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nshots-856668/
    02-07-17 01:21 PM
    This guy talks in a lot of absolutes lol and I've seen a lot of the absolutes debunked in a lot of threads. I'm sure bb10 can be installed on a 1gb device as its core functions are not distinct from that of the playbook like I said apart from gui changes and extra code for the runtime. You can also strip android functionality from bb10 and still have the core os which can be installed in lighter devices. There are tons of android devices that are used as paper weights. I have a lot that I bought for cheap to use as interims. Also, getting a good review is speculative and belongs to the opinion of the reviewer.

Posted via CB10
    I give up. I've laid out the facts, but I can't argue with unicorns.
    02-07-17 01:22 PM
    Facts?!? Lol wishful thinking ain't facts.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 01:29 PM
    Conite did you end up reading this from the beginning? Just for when next you make an unsourced, unresearched absolute statement

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 07:24 AM
    Conite did you end up reading this from the beginning? Just for when next you make an unsourced, unresearched absolute statement

Posted via CB10
    Yes. He had to reboot his device daily to have enough memory to do anything.

"the browser... it stinks seriously... whenever the page has a couple of animated ads.. it crashes... whenever I open a link in CB10... browser and CB10 crash.."
    02-08-17 07:31 AM
    I have more than 30 android apps on my passport and it doesn't stutter. And these apps are all I need. I've used an android phone for years and if it's possible to never go back I wouldn't. And I've used a lot from samsung flagships to China mods like the oukitel 10000 for battery life. I'm addicted to my passport and it's so sexy for 2017 I can't believe it came out in 2014. For other apps that I can't run like games that's where tablets come in.

Posted via CB10
    Wow These days my passport lags so much how to check problem ? Can't find hint in device manager. I do lot of app testing but finally keep 10/15 android apps only.
    02-08-17 08:48 AM
    Yes. He had to reboot his device daily to have enough memory to do anything.

"the browser... it stinks seriously... whenever the page has a couple of animated ads.. it crashes... whenever I open a link in CB10... browser and CB10 crash.."
    Sounds like android. But even the end of the statement you quoted said "besides that, everything runs fine seriously ". And the first of his statements said it runs good not as good as his z10. So dude, chill on making unfounded, absolute statements that you can't prove and haven't researched and just exist on the relative. I've just been noticing you do that alot.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 08:52 AM
    Almost feel pity for the BB10 fanboys grasping at straws...

Almost.
    02-08-17 09:32 AM
    Sounds like android.

Posted via CB10
    Not at all. I guarantee you can browse the Internet on the Moto E 2.

Chen himself said BB10 was unworkable on 1GB. I have spoken with developers at BlackBerry that have said the same thing. I know, first hand, people who have owned the 1GB Dev units. I'm not making unfounded statements.

If you pit the 1GB Dev unit against the 1GB Moto, you will lose. Badly.
    Last edited by conite; 02-08-17 at 09:51 AM.
    02-08-17 09:40 AM
    Wow These days my passport lags so much how to check problem ? Can't find hint in device manager. I do lot of app testing but finally keep 10/15 android apps only.
    Try cleaning all of your files, pictures and documents over to your sd card and then reboot a couple times. The phone won't be indexing as much and should improve.
    Fill any phones internal memory too much and you will experience lag, even on iPhone.
    Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 10:12 AM
    Look at the Moto E 2. Marshmallow runs swimmingly on 1GB.

BB10 was hopeless on 1GB. It couldn't even load all of its services, let alone any apps.
    Now you're being political Conite. The proven presence of this phone debunks this quoted statement as the owner said it could run up to five apps simultaneously, and all the other statements you made on this thread. You trying to shift the goal to something else is not my concern. Point made.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 10:15 AM
    Now you're being political Conite. The proven presence of this phone debunks this quoted statement as the owner said it could run up to five apps simultaneously, and all the other statements you made on this thread. You trying to shift the goal to something else is not my concern. Point made.

Posted via CB10
    Well now you're splitting hairs. If you can't even browse the internet properly I would argue that you can't load the browser app.

By the way as I stated earlier, I've always been aware of the 1GB DEV unit. BlackBerry deemed it utterly unusable.

Nor am I shifting the goal posts on this discussion. The original comment that I opposed was that Android needs more memory to run. That's it.
    02-08-17 10:28 AM
    Ehh... how is this related to my question... this above argument between conite and who not.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 10:34 AM
    Ehh... how is this related to my question... this above argument between conite and who not.

Posted via CB10
    Nothing. I simply made a one-line post opposing a fact provided in post number 4.

The irony is that I really like bb10. It was just a technical comment.
    02-08-17 10:37 AM
    Funny that is the complete opposite of what was said on Android Central (recent episode). They said Android requires more ram to run smoothly and if you don't have more than 2 gigs of ram you will have a poor experience. Sorry but that is just not true Conite. Maybe if you install nothing at all and don't use it I suppose it may run fine on 2gigs. They said you need minimum 3 to 4 gigs for a decent experience. Only iPhone can run on 1 or 2 gigs of ram smoothly. They said that Android uses the RAM much more than iOS does and needs more period.

Believe it was podcast episode #323

Posted via CB10
    So if I'm correct what you're saying in the first line is that Android said it backwards. I completely agree. THAT makes sense.
    02-11-17 07:19 PM
    My uncle and I have had a huge tech rivalry. I was winning until.

I had an Xperia Z ultra and its snapdragon 800 used to rip my uncle's lumia 1320 to shreds. I used to tease him about how his phone was **** compared to mine.

Then i shifted to BlackBerry Z30 and was still happy because even the Z30 was faster than his phone and better in everyway.

He recently bought a BlackBerry Priv and its snapdragon 808 is much faster than my Z30 but not my overclocked Z ultra... he accuses me of cheating because i overclocked my cpu on the Z ultra and he cant root his Priv to do the same.

His teasing is getting on my nerve so i want a new phone.

Iam thinking about passport because i love BlackBerry 10 os... after z30 using an android phone feels disgusting.

I realise passport has a Snapdragon 801 which is no match for his 808 and 3 gb ram... he still has more battery and more megapixels on his camera.

so can anyone who has both tell me if priv actually is faster in day to day performance or not? is the camera actually better? Is the battery life actually better? I have used none of those in real life.

Posted via CB10
    Yeap! :the Snapdragon 808 feel faster than than the 800 in day to day life p!use.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-17 02:58 AM
    You should reload the OS if it lags that bad. Something went wrong in the software.
    02-15-17 10:16 AM
    You should reload the OS if it lags that bad. Something went wrong in the software.
    Can't Reload Lot of IMP data..
    Now Lag is much Worse .. I even cant open device manager ...

Please share some other solution..
    Last edited by JPushkarH; 02-15-17 at 01:34 PM.
    02-15-17 12:47 PM
    What other solution exists for any OS that becomes corrupted or has registry issues. Microsoft the dancing Elephant says..........System recovery....Reload.
    02-15-17 03:50 PM
73 123