This just shows in what kind of a sick world we live in... poor workers put those phones together in 16hrs shifts 7-days-a-week and rich f*cks throw them brand-new from speeding Lamborghinis...
    02-03-15 03:47 AM
    the iphone goes quick to the sandbox and the passport had a really low impact several times so it get more beats up then the iphone who jumped high and get in the sand. But still it's extreem.
    02-03-15 04:59 AM
    The key is... they bothered to test a Passport!

Reguardless of the results, at least for this test... it was a 3 way race.
    02-03-15 07:34 AM
    What's fun is to imagine how different the responses in this thread would have been if the Passport would have survived fully functional and the iPhone would have been useless.

The idea that ANY smartphone could survive that test and come out running apps on the other side is absolutely incredible, considering the forces involved.

Respect.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    02-03-15 07:42 AM
    For guys who find this drop test to be too extreme for their liking, here is another more realistic extreme test that these guys did a while back..

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 07:59 AM
    i still admire the passport though,im sure it would survive a normal drop test
    my Z10 has taken alot of falls and is still flawless
    02-03-15 08:23 AM
    What's fun is to imagine how different the responses in this thread would have been if the Passport would have survived fully functional and the iPhone would have been useless.

The idea that ANY smartphone could survive that test and come out running apps on the other side is absolutely incredible, considering the forces involved.

Respect.
    Mine would not change. I thought their first test where they throw the phone around was a stupid joke, and this just confirms the idiocy. Even if I put opinions aside, every drop test is meaningless unless done in a lab.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dejanh; 02-03-15 at 11:36 AM.
    02-03-15 08:59 AM
    Eh. amateurs.

Now if they got Lewis Hamilton to drop test smartphones from his Mercedes F1 car at Monaco... that would be a real test.
    02-03-15 11:07 AM
    This just shows in what kind of a sick world we live in... poor workers put those phones together in 16hrs shifts 7-days-a-week and rich f*cks throw them brand-new from speeding Lamborghinis...
    True

]|I{�------� ѕєηт �яσм му  ραѕѕρσят. �------�}I|[
    02-03-15 12:49 PM
    So, all of the phones broke. Great test! What's the next test? Blow them up with 1kg of C4 and see if they survive?
    02-03-15 01:21 PM
    Eh

That passport will be fine after the next os update
    eyesopen1111 and LoneStarRed like this.
    02-03-15 01:31 PM
    These guys actually did another video with the passport a few months ago, kinda cool results on this one...

02-03-15 01:57 PM
    Realistic test. NOT.
    02-03-15 01:59 PM
    Phone Buff on Youtube does a pretty good comparison for drop tests which are a tad more realistic situations than a speeding sports car.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    02-03-15 03:12 PM
    im surprised that the Lamborghini didn't break down before end of the testing, since the liability on them is an issue
    02-03-15 04:30 PM
    The BlackBerry had a disadvantage here in the way that it landed vertically and in a vector trajectory that concluded in taking a mad hit by the asphalt in which the strength of the Passport met the strength of the asphalt and created so much G force that it literally bent the top corner of the phone so much that when the phone structure changed from a square to a bent square it came itself out of the necessary angle to remain on the ground and the velocity vector from the phone rapidly changed direction and flew of the ground spinning like crazy, creating even more G force outside the radius of the center of the spin that it just messed up the electronics inside of it. Rendering the phone useless.

If it would have slide like the others did then it would have been more fair.

Visit GTR Lifestyle @ C001247FA
    02-03-15 06:29 PM
    Fun to watch. Not realistic.
    02-03-15 07:26 PM
    That's impossible... from the comments I've read on hear I'm fairly certain nothing less than a nuclear explosion could harm a Passport.
    The good news is that the bent iPhone count remains at 9...
    02-03-15 07:47 PM
    Usable after a fall like that just does not mean anything because it will get replaced anyway lol

Posted via CB10
    I have to admit that was very impressive that the iphone still functioned. Good to know that the iphone 6 could be dropped like that and the user could make a phone call to get help in an emergency.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 08:32 PM
    I have to admit that was very impressive that the iphone still functioned. Good to know that the iphone 6 could be dropped like that and the user could make a phone call to get help in an emergency.

Posted via CB10
    With one random toss, I wouldn't conclude that it will always happen. Even flipping a coin is a 50-50 prospect....
    02-03-15 08:43 PM
    What a stupid test by people who have too much money and time. Every one of these drop tests is in fact stupid. There is nothing scientific or repeatable about them. To compare and to make them scientifically relevant you would need a controlled environment, the exact same impact, with exactly the same forces at play every time.
    Lol, but it seems you still watch each one of these "stupid" drop tests.

And actually I believe you are incorrect about it being scientific or repeatable. First, you could always repeat it. Just grab some more phones. Second, there is *some* science in it, being that the acceleration of gravity in unchanged for any object dropped from rest.

Lastly, lighten up. This was just done for entertainment.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 08:56 PM
    Fun to watch. Not realistic.
    Not realistic? Care to drop your phone out of a fast moving car?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 08:57 PM
    Second, there is *some* science in it, being that the acceleration of gravity in unchanged for any object dropped from rest.
    I'm not sure I'd classify being randomly flung out a window at high speed as "dropped from rest". If it is truly scientific, dropping another set of phones should produce the same results. Do you really think it would be the same a second time, or a third, etc? And if "science" is proving that an iPhone can survive a 125mph drop, then how do people break them simply dropping them a few feet onto the floor?

It's obviously not about the phones, but more about the persons in the video, showing off their Lambo and access to phones.
    02-03-15 09:13 PM
    I'm not sure I'd classify being randomly flung out a window at high speed as "dropped from rest". If it is truly scientific, dropping another set of phones should produce the same results. Do you really think it would be the same a second time, or a third, etc? And if "science" is proving that an iPhone can survive a 125mph drop, then how do people break them simply dropping them a few feet onto the floor?

It's obviously not about the phones, but more about the persons in the video, showing off their Lambo and access to phones.
    It doesn't have to be truly scientific if it's for entertainment. It's just another YouTube drop test video by guys looking to monetize views. Is that not apparent? Is that not what YouTube is mostly about?

Guess what the highest earning person does on YouTube? She unwraps Disney toys (mostly) and you only see her hands. Relax.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 09:24 PM
    So now it's NOT scientific? Make up your mind.

And Take a chill pill...
    02-03-15 11:19 PM
107 12345