Dear All friends,

I am big fan of BB always...I owned the BB bold 9000 for 35000 INR (big amount of money) then I switched to Iphone 5 and now I owned Iphone 6splus ...but after 1 years of iPhone use, I can not stop myself to buy my new BB Passport ...it is arriving in 2 days in Italy. I just want to know is there any problem with this, I mean Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp application works perfectly?? I will post my BB pics when I get it ... I am super excited. Any suggestions to increase my BB predictability??

Thank You. Waiting for the response .
    02-23-18 01:50 PM
    You should have asked, before you bought it.... for typing and emails it's great, for social media... not so much. It's a great phone, but the OS is from 2013 and has been EOL (end of 2019), it's best days are behind it.

Currently you can still use all those apps, with BB10 Facebook is just a link to the webpage. Can install Android version of most of those... will need older versions of some (Instagram) that limits features, and some will need to be "patched" (WhatsApp). Do a separate search for each app you want, and you should find info on CrackBerry.

For the keyboard predictability... you can go in and add words manually, but it usually picked those up anyway.
    Qorax likes this.
    02-23-18 02:27 PM
    Agreed with Dunt, you'll have to rely on the Lite version of Facebook (which is essentially just the mobile site), an older version of the Instagram APK, and the Android version of WhatsApp that isn't fully supported on BB10 (so there is always the risk that it could stop working). Also, BB World is shutting down at the end of 2019 and we don't quite know yet what the full impact will be on BB10.

If these apps and a keyboard are important to you I'd recommend getting a Keyone or waiting for any devices BBMobile might announce at MWC in the coming days.
    02-23-18 02:31 PM
    I think you made the right choice. It's still about a full featured phone if you don't need the absolute latest. Basic things are outstanding, productive software great. For social, use android facebook and messenger lite, blaq for twitter. You can use Igrann for Instagram or an android one (there is a recommended one and it's fast). Yubrowser (android) can be used when the native has problems. Browse the native appstore, amazon appstore and also google play store (the cobalt variant). Browse around and search on these pages to find what you need. Passport is really good enough and a lovely phone. Congrats!

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    02-23-18 03:54 PM
    Thank You all for the fast reply. I appreciate this. Just want to tell you that, before buying this passport, I knew all sort of this issues (not much compatibility for social apps). this was the reason I switched from BB bold to iPhone but even today the love for BB came back and even though I have MacBook Pro and MacBook Air and iPhone 6 s plus ...I have chosen passport. I really feel the RESPECT with BB and proud, this is not the case with iPhone (even in future if I buy iPhone 10) ...I agree that it is really sad that BB is going down day by day ... but still ... legend never dies... thanks all ... may be I need little help about how to download the google App Store on BB passport. Thank You.
    ratfinkstooley and Qorax like this.
    02-23-18 04:10 PM
    Thank You all for the fast reply. I appreciate this. Just want to tell you that, before buying this passport, I knew all sort of this issues (not much compatibility for social apps). this was the reason I switched from BB bold to iPhone but even today the love for BB came back and even though I have MacBook Pro and MacBook Air and iPhone 6 s plus ...I have chosen passport. I really feel the RESPECT with BB and proud, this is not the case with iPhone (even in future if I buy iPhone 10) ...I agree that it is really sad that BB is going down day by day ... but still ... legend never dies... thanks all ... may be I need little help about how to download the google App Store on BB passport. Thank You.
    You keep the iPhone 6 Plus for the Apps and the Passport of the typing, and emailing and the "hey what is that" factor.... and all should be good.
    jaideepv1234, Qorax and mikael11 like this.
    02-23-18 04:20 PM
    Dear All friends,

I am big fan of BB always...I owned the BB bold 9000 for 35000 INR (big amount of money) then I switched to Iphone 5 and now I owned Iphone 6splus ...but after 1 years of iPhone use, I can not stop myself to buy my new BB Passport ...it is arriving in 2 days in Italy. I just want to know is there any problem with this, I mean Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp application works perfectly?? I will post my BB pics when I get it ... I am super excited. Any suggestions to increase my BB predictability??

Thank You. Waiting for the response .
    Dear Jaideep , Passport is my favourite device. I have Black Edition and Silver Edition in stock . I am happy with the device performance . I am using android version of most of the apps.
    02-25-18 07:19 AM
    YES. I am excited for my BB (it has not arrived yet)... I can not explain why I like it so much ... (it is LOVE) ... My favourite BB so far is Blackberry Bold 9000 it was my first BB and it was awesome. even I shifted to iPhone after 2 years. I still kept that phone (just bcoz I love it) for more than 3 yrs and then I gift it to my friend. Bcoz the Facebook was not working on it and etc etc ... Lets see how far I like BB Passport ...
    02-25-18 11:22 AM