Hello,

While trying to upload a file via the browser I (sadly) discovered that I wasn't able to do so and a message from the website indicated that the mobile OS wouldn't allow uploads.
    Has that ever happened to you ? Also is there a chance to get this fixed in future releases or it's just technically non viable ?

Thanks
    05-12-15 12:05 PM
    what website are you trying to upload to?
    05-12-15 12:11 PM
    Hi,
    I was referring to an accounting management system which is available to me in order to track income and expenses of my limited company. Do you think that is a limitation of the website itself or it is rather a known 'problem' with Blackberry OS ? Even so I'm super happy with my passport it's a great device although there might still be room for future improvements.. Have you been successful in uploading files to websites so far?
    Thank you
    05-13-15 04:38 PM
    The website you accessed will work based on something called 'user agent string'. Basically this is how the site you are trying to load will identify what kind of browser you are using and render it.

The BlackBerry browser is set to work in mobile mode by default which means when you access a site say 'Facebook', it will render the page in 'Mobile' view.

Well, unlike other OS's, BlackBerry is quite smart. They have given us the option to change the browser to deskop mode. Do the following,

Open Browser -> Settings -> Developer Tools and set the Desktop mode to 'ON' as below,

This should make it work.

For those who want to know more about 'user agent string' you can access www.useragentstring.com

Just to show you guys the difference.

User agent sting in BlackBerry desktop mode is as below,

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_5) AppleWebKit/600.1.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1 Safari/537.85.10

BlackBerry Mobile mode,

Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2576 Mobile Safari/537.35+

Hope this helps.

Blackberry OS (10.3.1) does not allow to upload file to a mobile web site via Browser-img_20150513_200252.png

Posted via the amazing 'Red' BlackBerry Passport
    05-13-15 08:11 PM