Hi have been using a apple 8 for business and social media. I have a small business and traveling to Europe! I have the Samsung 9 and use both phones. I like the android phones and use the Samsung 9, My biggest thought was I was worried about taking the iPhone to Europe or the Samsung with me , because they can get stolen easily, with a blackberry that may no be the case. For business related issues I would like to get a blackberry, I use my phone to see hulu and Netflix. I recently though got rid of the streaming services. I am going with you tube tv. while traveling overseas, I was going to use a vpn and connect that to youtube while on business in Europe. For the youtube TV. Has anybody out there done this before, or use hulu and Netflix while traveling overseas. Can you download the shows on the blackberry? I would appreciate anybody's help thx
    perry
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-24-19 02:00 PM
    Can you download the shows on the blackberry? I would appreciate anybody's help thx
    Are you planning on doing this on a BlackBerry Passport? If so, no.
    07-24-19 05:17 PM
    Hi have been using a apple 8 for business and social media. I have a small business and traveling to Europe! I have the Samsung 9 and use both phones. I like the android phones and use the Samsung 9, My biggest thought was I was worried about taking the iPhone to Europe or the Samsung with me , because they can get stolen easily, with a blackberry that may no be the case. For business related issues I would like to get a blackberry, I use my phone to see hulu and Netflix. I recently though got rid of the streaming services. I am going with you tube tv. while traveling overseas, I was going to use a vpn and connect that to youtube while on business in Europe. For the youtube TV. Has anybody out there done this before, or use hulu and Netflix while traveling overseas. Can you download the shows on the blackberry? I would appreciate anybody's help thx
    perry
    Of course, any BlackBerry launched since Nov 2015 has been Android, so then you'd be fine.

Current devices are the KEY² and KEY² LE.
    07-24-19 08:25 PM
    Where on earth are you going in Europe that makes you so scared that they're going to steal your phone?

Posted via CB10
    07-25-19 10:25 AM
    perry
    BlackBerry has used three different OS.... I'd only buy one that is powered by Android at this point if you want to do streaming.

Most modern phones have theft protection and tracking built in (make sure it active and working)... Theft of smartphones isn't what it once was. Generally today it's more about stealing one for parts. Buy a gag screen protector that looks like the screen is cracked and I doubt anyone bothers yours...

Not really sure what buying a BlackBerry would get you - especially with your streaming. It's not a problem with the newer BlackBerry - just the display size and quality isn't the best.

Yes VPN is the way to go if you are traveling and using unknown WiFi networks, as well as allow you to appear "in market". BUT... some streaming services are now using device location based data (ways around that, but it's more tweaking you'll need to know about). And some VPN are blocked by some streaming services.... I'd set it up and make sure it works before traveling.
    07-25-19 11:01 AM
    Get at least a KEYone, but preferably a KEY2 or KEY2 LE
    07-25-19 11:21 AM
    Just take the phones you have and enjoy your vacation.
    cyberdoggie and sakissalonika like this.
    07-25-19 04:05 PM
    Where on earth are you going in Europe that makes you so scared that they're going to steal your phone?

Posted via CB10
    I was thinking this also.

Posted via CB10 using my Classic running 10.3.3.3216
    elfabio80 and cyberdoggie like this.
    07-25-19 05:08 PM
    I was thinking this also.

Posted via CB10 using my Classic running 10.3.3.3216
    I suspect a lot of European coming to the USA are thinking the same thing...
    cyberdoggie and sakissalonika like this.
    07-26-19 01:23 PM
    perry
    LOL. You have probably more chance to get robbed in places like NY than in Europe but it is certainly the most original excuse to get a Blackberry I have heard
    sakissalonika likes this.
    08-02-19 02:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Also, if someone is going to steal your phone, they’re going to do it regardless. Maybe the BlackBerry nets them 100 dollars versus 500 for an iPhone 8 but that’s still 100 dollars earned versus 0 if the individual decided “not to steal a BlackBerry”.
    08-02-19 03:34 AM
    In Europe is full of iPhones and Samsung....where do you live, in a cavern?
    the_boon likes this.
    08-02-19 04:02 AM
    LOL. You have probably more chance to get robbed in places like NY than in Europe but it is certainly the most original excuse to get a Blackberry I have heard
    When did Rome, Italy leave Europe or did robbery and theft finally become solved there?
    08-02-19 10:13 AM
    When did Rome, Italy leave Europe or did robbery and theft finally become solved there?
    You seem to have a limited view of the world. Has crime been solved in Chicago too? Not to mention some other places in NY? Pointless discussion.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    08-02-19 10:36 AM
    You seem to have a limited view of the world. Has crime been solved in Chicago too? Not to mention some other places in NY? Pointless discussion.
    The point was simply that Rome is famous as petty theft locale. Worse than normal. If makes you feel any better, my own second city where I’ll hopefully live part time one day is Lima, Peru so I didn’t think OP comment about crime is wrong. Europe has plenty of dirty nasty places just like every other continent.
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-02-19 12:15 PM
    The point was simply that Rome is famous as petty theft locale. Worse than normal. If makes you feel any better, my own second city where I’ll hopefully live part time one day is Lima, Peru so I didn’t think OP comment about crime is wrong. Europe has plenty of dirty nasty places just like every other continent.
    I lived in Rome and I did not notice all that bad context you are describing. Trust me, you can see worst in Europe. It happens anyway that the typical stupid US citizen (specially young) get drunk and then claim to have lost their belonging bcs robbed.

My brother lives in the US...it is plenty of crime...or you also live in a cavern? Lol!

Posted via CB10
    08-02-19 04:18 PM
    But have you ever go to Rome? Where do you get the news, from CNN? Lol!!
    08-02-19 04:29 PM
    Actually it was only mother and she went there with some of her Peruvian siblings. I only had to help with the paperwork when she got back here stateside. Her and her siblings grew up in a very rough area of Lima, Peru where I've visited many times. She compared Rome to Lima regarding crime and similarities. Poor economic conditions and corruption. I've lived also part-time in Mexico and it sounds very similar.
    08-02-19 04:40 PM
    There is crime and then there is pickpockets. In Rome they work the tourist hot spots. They can swarm you. Watch carefully. I might use a wallet or backpack from Pacsafe or similar. I kept my simcard in a plastic container in my luggage.
    08-02-19 04:47 PM
    https://www.numbeo.com/crime/region_...150&title=2018

This doesn’t mean it’s dangerous, just that there areas you want to be careful in.
    gamegurl likes this.
    08-02-19 04:52 PM
    Get a Nokia 1 and no one will steal it from you.
    08-04-19 01:40 AM
    Buy yourself a proper leather jacket with zipping pockets. Don't put anything in jeans back pocket. You'll be fine.
    08-04-19 02:01 AM