Blackberry needs to take a page from the days of radio play where record companies would pay stations to play their songs. A little payola (acutally A LOT of payola) couldn't hurt. lol
    06-21-14 11:08 PM
    This isn't going to happen. It didn't happen with the Z30 and it's not going to happen with these two new phones, which is a tragedy as I still have yet to hold a Z30 in my hands.
    Me too! Pisses me off that Sprint doesnt carry the phone...
    06-22-14 08:40 AM
    Good luck in the USA. Most stores have no display dummy even of current BB10 phones and they don't even offer all models. Some carriers offer zero BB10 phones. I don't see why any would carry this unless it's corporate store and will they even?
    06-22-14 09:06 AM
    BlackBerry need to do extensive mobile showroom/kiosk where they can park in the high street or shopping centre /malls just to demonstrate.

Posted via CB10
    You can get it easily in Indonesia

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 09:14 AM
    This is a make or break issue. YES agree!!!!!! Without it carriers leave it on shelf and deter to iphone. They converted my wife to htc while she went. She told me they just said "you dont want blackberry, it wont satisfy you".

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 09:26 AM
    I was recently on gsmarena reading about this phone, even Samsung note users are looking forward for this device.

http://m.gsmarena.com/blackberry_pas...views-6457.php

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    06-22-14 11:45 AM
    Good luck in the USA. Most stores have no display dummy even of current BB10 phones and they don't even offer all models. Some carriers offer zero BB10 phones. I don't see why any would carry this unless it's corporate store and will they even?
    My store (Verizon) has a BlackBerry display of the z10, q10, Bold 9930, and three Curves. There isn't a z30 display, no, but I carry one. Verizon seems to have the best relationship with BlackBerry in the US at the moment so hopefully we can get the Passport and Classic dummies in my store. Working ones. I will fight to get them if I have to. These phones are going to be epic.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-22-14 08:08 PM
    EXACTLY; my sense is that the Passport has been designed with specific professions in mind, including pharmacists, radiologists, anyone looking at charts, X-rays, CAT scans, etc. BlackBerry also signed a deal with a medical services company, so I suspect that the Passport will start showing up in clinics, labs, and hospitals. The larger Passport will also slide into the larger pockets of a lab coat. It is ideal for medical facility.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    Would need to see what type of support software becomes available in order to view medical data for x-ray as an example. Currently to view CD or computed x-ray data is DICOM. Will be interesting to see how thus will be done for a phone and on a BBRY OS. Not being negative just realistic. Maybe viewer format only with limited veiw features like zoom,rotate, move/scroll for example.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 08:28 PM
    Even though I agree 100 %, seeing the Passport in Mr. Chen's hands basically shocked me. I went from "I hope this is not the finished product?" to "I need this like yesterday!" in a matter of seconds. At the very least, I believe BlackBerry can really make this device look appealing with the proper video and photo coverage.
    But yes OP, it does need to be displayed.

BBM CHANNEL - "BB POWERED " C001C1D66
    II ARROWS likes this.
    06-22-14 09:13 PM
    Mr. Chen did say that the next step was to improve carrier relations. He also explained that he needs them on board to share the task of promoting the new products this fall. Hopefully he is successful.

BBM CHANNEL - "BB POWERED " C001C1D66
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-22-14 09:19 PM
    I totally agree with you OP. "Seeing is believing " will really to the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 06:56 AM
    Having a great product won't be enough if it can't be touched or displayed at the carriers showrooms. Not to mention the salesman talking potential buyers out of a Blackberry products. Heck, we can't event get software downloads in a reasonable fashion. It makes no sense to not allow an update for an existing phone already in use on a network but a new one can be allowed run the new update just fine. Until Blackberry starts to push its own updates and sell unlocked phones in order to control its own destiny they unfortunately always struggle.... And that's a shame.
    07-19-14 12:37 AM
    Americans are screwed as far as getting a chance to see / touch / play with a new BlackBerry.

Had to buy my Z30 without ever seeing one in person. Same with the Q5.

I did get to play with a Z10 in an ATT store for 5 minutes while the sales associate was telling me that if I bought it he'd commit me to the mental ward for a lobotomy.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3247 / T-Mobile USA
    07-19-14 02:15 AM
    Here in indonesia, BlackBerry store especially selected, already had have put some display product. Depend on market. Even small retail unlocked store have real phone display. But not bb. For now BlackBerry start losing their customer. And most of them switch to android

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 02:46 AM
    This isn't going to happen. It didn't happen with the Z30 and it's not going to happen with these two new phones, which is a tragedy as I still have yet to hold a Z30 in my hands.
    Of course you may be right, but there is no way you can compare what happened with the Z30. For one, the Z30 came out at the worst point in BlackBerry's history. They had just announced the company was up for sale. Second, we have no idea what Mr. Chen is capable of with any sort of launch in North America? There is nothing to compare it to. All we can do is wait and see. Can't judge either way at this point though.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    07-22-14 12:09 AM
    The isheep generation is only coming to an end folks. The light is visible at the end of the tunnel.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 09:55 AM
    Of course you may be right, but there is no way you can compare what happened with the Z30. For one, the Z30 came out at the worst point in BlackBerry's history. They had just announced the company was up for sale. Second, we have no idea what Mr. Chen is capable of with any sort of launch in North America? There is nothing to compare it to. All we can do is wait and see. Can't judge either way at this point though.
    I don't think the perception is that there has been an improvement in Blackberrys smartphone business. They have lower market share than ever, fewer carriers, less advertising, and more layoffs since the Z30 launch. The stock price has risen due to the company's non-smartphone prospects. In fact, it's questionable whether there will even be a North American launch. Are any of the carriers definitely on-board?
    07-22-14 10:11 AM
    Yes! And buses in London!

Check Out TechCraze
    07-22-14 01:02 PM
    Especially since Apple has announced a possible release of a larger screen phone in 2014. As seen on Morning Joe 7/22.
    07-22-14 01:13 PM
    Especially since Apple has announced a possible release of a larger screen phone in 2014. As seen on Morning Joe 7/22.
    Thought the larger one was pushed back to next year?

Check Out TechCraze
    07-22-14 01:28 PM
    I agree whole-heartedly with the OP, particularly given the eye-catching novelty of a square smartphone. But with the shift in form factor, consumers really would benefit from a side-by-side hands-on comparison with their current, necessarily thinner smartphone. I am waiting to get a Surface Pro 3 even though I have a Surface Pro 1. Before I would layout all the cash for an upgrade, I went to a Staples to see how the SP3, with its larger, squarer form factor, looked and felt in direct and proximate comparison to the landscape-oriented form-factor of the original. BB is asking consumers to make a change and to go against the taller and thinner trends, so it also makes sense to give prospective customers a real concrete sense of what they will be landing on.
    07-22-14 04:50 PM
    Absolutely. They most certainly will.
    I think all stores that carry phones should have a dummy model that is non-functional but has the proper weight proportions to go with the proper size configurations.

If I can't slip it into my pocket and have a good feel of it in my hand, I won't buy....and of course a functional model to play around on.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 09:22 AM
    That is completely useless. It has to be working.
    07-23-14 12:00 PM
    BlackBerry needs to send their reps out to the 'field' and do a proper demo. Have a list of stops on their website so people know.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    07-23-14 12:05 PM
    Post demo and tutorial videos on YouTube.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    07-23-14 12:06 PM
60 123