They need to pay to get native amazon apps for Kindle, Instant Video and more on BB10.

I would also like to see Amazon music and cloud player built into the BlackBerry music app.

In return they need for Amazon to promote the devices like they do their own hardware.

They need to cut ties with DR and sell exclusively with Amazon and carriers.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 01:38 PM
    Think again, BlackBerry not in a position to cut ties with anyone, but to make sure it's partners working harder to improve services even with Digital River.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 01:47 PM
    Think again, BlackBerry not in a position to cut ties with anyone, but to make sure it's partners working harder to improve services even with Digital River.

Posted via CB10
    That may be true. But at anyrate, something needs to be done about Digital River. I keep seeing a ton of complaints about them.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 01:52 PM
    Do not get where people get the idea that throwing money at main stream developers will get you anywhere.... Been tried with Instagram, Netflix... how did that work out???? Developers look long term on software development, maintenance and updates.... all this takes money after release.... doubt BB will pay for that...
    01-08-15 01:59 PM
    They need to pay to get native amazon apps for Kindle, Instant Video and more on BB10.

I would also like to see Amazon music and cloud player built into the BlackBerry music app.

In return they need for Amazon to promote the devices like they do their own hardware.

Posted via CB10
    Who knows whether it's easy for BlackBerry to get out of its contract with Digital River. I do think it's a good idea to continue developing its relationship with Amazon, though, especially in light of the failure of the Fire phone. It would be nice if Amazon can promote BlackBerry phones further and sell all BlackBerry device variants clearly so the customer knows what he's getting (ie: 100-1, 100-2, etc.).

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 02:01 PM
    Who knows whether it's easy for BlackBerry to get out of its contract with Digital River. I do think it's a good idea to continue developing its relationship with Amazon, though, especially in light of the failure of the Fire phone. It would be nice if Amazon can promote BlackBerry phones further and sell all BlackBerry device variants clearly so the customer knows what he's getting (ie: 100-1, 100-2, etc.).

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. The problem with DR is that it's a third party company representing BlackBerry yet they are giving BlackBerry a black eye.
    DR needs to shape up or ship out.

As for apps, the Amazon apps are particularly important because they need Amazon to promote their devices.

As far as BlackBerry paying, I actually want BlackBerry to develop these apps with some of it built in to the OS, such as music and video.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 02:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    It kind of defeats the purpose of making Amazon's library of Android apps available to BB10 devices if Amazon is going to turn around and develop native BB10 apps. They're selling BB10 users on using the Amazon app store for your 'consumer' app needs & using BlackBerry World for your 'prosumer' app needs. It would undermine the message if Amazon then turned around and created their own native apps for BBW. The idea is to get everyone downloading from the Amazon app store.

Unless and until BB10 device sells really takes off (and I'm talking several million units a quarter for several quarters), I don't see Amazon, or anyone else, putting a ton of emphasis on developing native BB10 apps (other than existing BlackBerry loyalists).

Amazon is one of the most patient companies that I know, which is impressive since it's a public company. The Fire phone didn't sell well, but Amazon isn't planning on abandoning it to start pushing BlackBerry devices. They're strategy is to focus on winning in the phone space in order to hook more customers in their ecosystem (sell more stuff to them).

Finally, I don't think BlackBerry is currently in a position to dictate terms to partners such as Amazon. They have access to the Amazon app store, which is a win win, but I don't think BlackBerry can push Amazon to push BB10 devices as hard as they push their own. Amazon profits substantially more by selling their own devices. All content consumed then comes from them.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    01-08-15 03:07 PM
    It kind of defeats the purpose of making Amazon's library of Android apps available to BB10 devices if Amazon is going to turn around and develop native BB10 apps. They're selling BB10 users on using the Amazon app store for your 'consumer' app needs & using BlackBerry World for your 'prosumer' app needs. It would undermine the message if Amazon then turned around and created their own native apps for BBW. The idea is to get everyone downloading from the Amazon app store.

Unless and until BB10 device sells really takes off (and I'm talking several million units a quarter for several quarters), I don't see Amazon, or anyone else, putting a ton of emphasis on developing native BB10 apps (other than existing BlackBerry loyalists).

Amazon is one of the most patient companies that I know, which is impressive since it's a public company. The Fire phone didn't sell well, but Amazon isn't planning on abandoning it to start pushing BlackBerry devices. They're strategy is to focus on winning in the phone space in order to hook more customers in their ecosystem (sell more stuff to them).

Finally, I don't think BlackBerry is currently in a position to dictate terms to partners such as Amazon. They have access to the Amazon app store, which is a win win, but I don't think BlackBerry can push Amazon to push BB10 devices as hard as they push their own. Amazon profits substantially more by selling their own devices. All content consumed then comes from them.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    Great points. I mostly agree,

BBRY really isn't in a position to compel anyone to do anything. I believe as-is, Amazon has the upper hand, and any "agreement" will be slanted towards Amazon's benefit.

And sharp point re: Amazon's patience. They are seemingly willing to continue working on Fire devices, and I doubt BB10 will ever replace that as the company's main mobile focus.
    01-08-15 03:37 PM