Only BB10 is going down. BlackBerry's quite OK.

*C5303
    No it isn't. Priv isn't selling and it will be the last android phone made by BlackBerry.
    techvisor and crackberry_geek like this.
    02-10-16 12:57 AM
    Being from the USA, I hear that all the time from my clients who always tell me "nobody uses Blackberry anymore" and you should be using an iPhone and so on. I do use an iPhone 6S as a second device next to my Priv because some of my clients have custom IOS apps I have to support. I preach the Blackberry brand everywhere I go here, but the IOS and Android have been so embedded into the culture here, it's going to be very difficult to change folks mindset here.

As I have said in a few of my post, I have been to several T-Mobile stores here and they have the new Priv mixed in with last years devices with the keyboard locked into position where you can't even get the true functionality of the device. The sales folks know it's there, but know nothing about it's features and only promote iPhones and Galaxies because thats what they are using. Blackberry needs to at least put some effort into promoting the brand here again, but based on what I have seen how T-Mobile is handling the new Priv so far, they don't have a chance.
    crackberry_geek and Xeak like this.
    02-10-16 07:37 AM
    No it isn't. Priv isn't selling and it will be the last android phone made by BlackBerry.

I don't believe the PRIV is selling well either.... but I would not be surprised to see at least one more Android phone from BlackBerry.

At this point, what would it cost?
    02-10-16 08:01 AM
    I agree. A brilliant brain surgeon such as he is most likely a total moron. I mean anybody can accomplish what he has, right of the street.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    I know, right?
    If the guy has two neurons to rub together he probably got them from somebody else... and keeps them in a drawer for those rare occasions when he needs to generate an original thought.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 08:05 AM
    yes ingnorance and yes to invisible, its hard to see whats there when bb doesnt even bother to advertise its almost like they dont want people to know they make phones
    I agree, Blackberry's marketing is still terrible even under Chen. Just look at the Priv marketing!
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    02-10-16 01:53 PM
    I agree, Blackberry's marketing is still terrible even under Chen. Just look at the Priv marketing!
    heck i havent even seen an ad for the priv here in nyc. they can advertise anywhere here on public trains, buses, cabs train station billboards but i have yet to see anythng.
    02-10-16 03:13 PM
    I think it depends on the people you are around. I usually get a pretty good response over my Passport. People are always amazed to see a Blackberry, and you do get the comments of "I didn't know anyone used those any more". But I also get a lot of "Wow, that thing is kinda cool." I generally get a fairly positive reaction anywhere I go, and when I'm around people in upper management positions, Architects, Engineers, etc (I deal with those people at my job) they are all very interested in it and always say "I had a Blackberry a few years back" or "I'm still using an older Blackberry" and they all want to know more about it so they can go see about upgrading to a new Blackberry. Bottom line, in a serious work application, Blackberry still has legs.

During the Superbowl last weekend I was at a big party with a bunch of friends. I showed one of them a picture on my phone and he immediately started passing it around the room telling everyone "Check out this phone!!!" This was a room full of some pretty serious tech geeks who usually have the latest, greatest phones. So they know what quality specs and hardware are. It was shocking to see how many of them said things like "Man, this screen is amazing" or "Wow, this thing really feels solid" or "Huh, this is a Blackberry? This thing is actually really sweet." Don't get me wrong, I got picked on a bit about the size. There were plenty of jokes about it doubling as a weapon in a pinch. But I'm ok with that.

Don't get me wrong. If a teenager sees it, they usually laugh about how out of touch I am. But I just smile and move along. Kids today.
    02-10-16 06:17 PM
    The world is filled with lemmings.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 06:28 PM
    Last week I was travelling in newyork metro north train and I had passport in my hand. Here comes the ticketmaster and by glancing at phone said to me " that is an interesting phone, which one is that, blackberry, we don't see it around more".

Posted with Passport SE
    02-10-16 07:14 PM
    Majority of people I come across don't really give it a second look. The shape stands out but when they find out its a blackberry they usually lose interest.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 08:27 PM
    Happens to me all the time.

"I didn't know BlackBerry made phones anymore."

"Didn't BlackBerry go bankrupt?"

"Is that a BlackBerry? God, I haven't seen one of those in years."

"Why don't you get an iPhone already?"

Some of my friends joke about it all the time, like "wow, look at that modern keyboard!" but then I show them the keyboard's touch sensitivity, how good it is for reading stuff, and how the camera is pretty good.

People can knock the Passport for being unusual looking, but its specs really aren't subpar.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 09:59 PM
    I fail to see the connection between being a neurosurgeon and keeping up with the tech world with regards to BlackBerry smartphones... or any smartphone for that matter. Not really relevant unless he has a personal interest or more importantly its important for his work
    Elephant_Canyon and joseanmx like this.
    02-11-16 03:11 AM
    Nah, he was the sort of person who could not and would not be wrong. I have never encountered such a personality before. He let me know I was wrong that I bought my phone in April 2015. Didn't even know he was watching me, but he knew.

Posted via CB10
    C.R.E.E.P.Y.
    You should stay away from that man !

From Passport with Love (and sometimes my Q10 with love too)
    02-11-16 05:19 AM
    heck i havent even seen an ad for the priv here in nyc. they can advertise anywhere here on public trains, buses, cabs train station billboards but i have yet to see anythng.
    Completely agree. Same up here in Calgary, no marketing to be seen. If not in the states, at least have advertising in your home country!

Trust me, you wouldn't want the advertising Blackberry is doing right now. Its just random pictures of people holding the Priv and a terrible font overlaid on top.
    02-14-16 12:15 AM
    Hi All,
    At my doctors the other day. took out my Passport and put down on the table. Doctor comes in and sees my phone, takes a double look at it and says "That's a Blackberry? must be an old one, they don't make phones anymore" I was speechless, he is a neurosurgeon and I would think he would be up with modern day tech. But then I said well this one is only a year old. He did say that Blackberry was the original smartphone, then chuckled. It amazes me that when people see my phone and say things like that.
    /quadcells
    I get that response all the time when someone sees my phone.... "Is that an old blackberry?... i didn't think Blackberry existed anymore'. Sad isn't it!

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 01:21 AM
    Wrong.

*ME173X
    08-09-16 10:27 AM

Is that a Blackberry? Must be an old one-keep-calm-admit-you-re-wrong-6.png

Posted via CB10
    08-09-16 12:10 PM
    Hi All,
    At my doctors the other day. took out my Passport and put down on the table. Doctor comes in and sees my phone, takes a double look at it and says "That's a Blackberry? must be an old one, they don't make phones anymore" I was speechless, he is a neurosurgeon and I would think he would be up with modern day tech. But then I said well this one is only a year old. He did say that Blackberry was the original smartphone, then chuckled. It amazes me that when people see my phone and say things like that.
    /quadcells
    In technologies standard the Passport IS old! PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639

It's nearing two years and BlackBerry's focus is going to android! Why do we you think they market the dtek 50 as the most secure android phone?! It's to help win future G20 gov sales!!

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 08:44 AM
43 12