Imho, they should have called it the BlackBerry Slider. Nice and simple, and if people looked at it in the carrier store, they might actually have tried to figure out why it was called a Slider...
    You're not wrong at all. A hip, literal naming scheme would have been viewed as a breath of fresh air in both today's market as well as BlackBerry's own lineup.

It's just simple and funnily clever enough to work. (Then again, almost anything would have sounded better than "Priv" or "Leap").

Instead of cheesy, inspirational names of aspiration...BlackBerry could have named their handsets after concrete and literal shapes, resemblances, or functions of their designs. So Passport could still fit into this naming philosophy (and I thought Passport was a brilliant name).

Posted via CB10
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    05-16-16 06:48 PM
    You're not wrong at all. A hip, literal naming scheme would have been viewed as a breath of fresh air in both today's market as well as BlackBerry's own lineup.

It's just simple and funnily clever enough to work. (Then again, almost anything would have sounded better than "Priv" or "Leap").

Instead of cheesy, inspirational names of aspiration...BlackBerry could have named their handsets after concrete and literal shapes, resemblances, or functions of their designs. So Passport could still fit into this naming philosophy (and I thought Passport was a brilliant name).

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. What's funny is they got it right with the Passport. Even to a degree with the Classic (self-referential) And then ... Leap? Priv?

Wut? Lol. It's something along the lines of "Form follows function", which wouldn't be a bad tag line for BlackBerry, imho.
    Yoshabanta Das likes this.
    05-16-16 06:59 PM
    Have you used both versions? Was thinking of replacing my unlocked Passport for Silver Edition. Was hoping someone has used both to see if they noticed much of a difference.
    05-16-16 10:03 PM
    Pipedream.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 12:04 AM
    Exactly. What's funny is they got it right with the Passport. Even to a degree with the Classic (self-referential) And then ... Leap? Priv?

Wut? Lol. It's something along the lines of "Form follows function", which wouldn't be a bad tag line for BlackBerry, imho.
    I like that idea. it would definitely fit the rest of this new aesthetic direction.

it's a classic cliche, made fun because of the self-awareness, but grounded because of the truth behind it. fun alliteration to boot.

there are so many fun and cool directions you could go with the brand. pull the rug right out from under apple and be even simpler than "iPhone"

Posted via CB10
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    05-17-16 12:16 AM
    Can someone reply this to Mr. Chan :-)
    Passoport 2
    - new camera like in S7
    - oled display
    - maybe keep qwerty keyboard and add styles pen
    - OS hybrid bb10 and android
    - keeping HUB

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 05:58 AM
    Can someone reply this to Mr. Chan :-)
    Passoport 2
    - new camera like in S7
    - oled display
    - maybe keep qwerty keyboard and add styles pen
    - OS hybrid bb10 and android
    - keeping HUB

Posted via CB10
    They'll never do an OS hybrid of BB10 and Android. Best you can hope for is they continue to make their version of Android behave in a more BB10 like manner - gestures, peek, flow, etc. But it's unlikely they'll go too far from stock Android, for many reasons.
    05-17-16 06:14 AM
    I too would love to see a Passport 2 running BB10 but that's probably not going to happen.
    05-17-16 09:16 AM
    They must turn over to Android platform if they think to have some profit. I don't love Andoid but that's the fact in mobile phone business. Only Andoid and IOS makes the positive numbers to company... I thing the Prive is the start transform BlackBerry to turn over to Andoid. But some thing must be on BlackBerry way of Andoid, HUB must stay...

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 11:45 AM
    They must turn over to Android platform if they think to have some profit. I don't love Andoid but that's the fact in mobile phone business. Only Andoid and IOS makes the positive numbers to company... I thing the Prive is the start transform BlackBerry to turn over to Andoid. But some thing must be on BlackBerry way of Andoid, HUB must stay...

Posted via CB10
    That seems to be the overwhelming consensus of most users. And they want it to behave as closely as possible to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 11:52 AM
    If Passport 2 will comes out like this I will also get one of it. If it's running Droit or not!

 P A S S P O R T [ S E]  | CB App |
    05-17-16 12:01 PM
    BlackBerry can't put the Playstore on the Passport because it violates the criteria that Google has regarding screen size.
    No way around it, all Android phones are Bar style devices...

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 12:01 PM
    That is the point...make Android platform but in there own way. More SECURE Android. Android in BlackBerry way to keep costumers...if I must choose between android ( samsung,lg, sony...) and more secure unique Android from BlackBerry you know what I meen

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 12:09 PM
    Android can't be really secure

 P A S S P O R T [ S E]  | CB App |
    05-17-16 12:57 PM
    BlackBerry can't put the Playstore on the Passport because it violates the criteria that Google has regarding screen size.

Posted via CB10
    They'd definitely have to change the screen ratio for sure. I think 4:3 is acceptable as a minimum.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 01:14 PM
    I would love to see this.
    I got my PP just recently (actually, bought a broken one and fixed it).
    And fell in love with this funny beast. Love the keyboard, love the hub, love the simplicity and productivity with 0 distractions in the system (and love that the language of BB10 apps is c++).

I wouldn't mind another BB10 device, but... either add a fully working play store (optional) with all the google services, that woull allow a ful hub integration. Or make the developers adopt the BB10 OS again. Whichever is easier.
    My wild guess is that BB killed BB10, as well as, they never updated the gtalk client, murdered FB and wawed the whatsapp goodbye.
    But also, this could imply, that they are planning for the google play services to happen on BB10. That would actually solve most of the issues, as there would be notifications in hub again(for android apps), and lot of apps, you can, but dont have to install, so there by no reason whatsoever, to use android (I for one, didn't have any performance issues with any android app i am using, even though the AR is using only 2 cores out of 4)
    Last edited by v0id_walker; 05-18-16 at 04:37 AM.
    05-17-16 01:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol too funny. It would be even more comical if what you stated was true.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 09:22 PM
    But the passport is one of the best devices out especially because of the security! The back camera is by far the best in BB10 devices was better than the iPhone 6 camera. And to top it off the passport can run Google play store! I admit I do miss my passport.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    05-17-16 09:32 PM
    What's wrong with the display?

Posted via CB10
    Bedside mode is too bright, Z30 is darker.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 09:48 PM
    Lol too funny. It would be even more comical if what you stated was true.

Posted via CB10
    From what I've read this is fact ; )
    But who AMM I right? LoL

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 10:37 PM
    Am... double typing issue yet again..

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 10:38 PM
    I think it's safe to say that BlackBerry is not interested in playing the "Updated Specs" game with Android and IOS or creating sequels for any of their own devices, pretty much they will ride out the Passport and Priv until the end of 2018

Via-Blackberry Passport Silver Edition
    05-17-16 11:29 PM
    I would love to see this.
    I got my PP just recently (actually, bought a broken one and fixed it).
    And fell in love with this funny beast. Love the keyboard, love the hub, love the simplicity and productivity with 0 distractions in the system (and love that the language of BB10 apps is c++).

I wouldn't mind another BB10 device, but... either add a fully working play store (optional) with all the google services, that woull allow a ful hub integration. Or make the delepoers adopt the BB10 OS again. Whichever is easier.
    My wild guess is that BB killed BB10 as well as they never updated the gtalk client, murdered FB and wawed the whatsapp goodbye.
    But also, this could imply, that they are planning for the google play services to happen on BB10. That would actually solve most of the issues, as there woul be notifications in hub again(for android apps), and lot of apps, you can, but dont have to install, so there by no reason whatsoever, to use android (I for one, didn't have any performance issues with any android app i am using, even though the AR is using only 2 cores out of 4)
    ^ this makes sense. True integration of both BB10 OS and Google Play Service - per client choice to turn on or off. or in the sense of BB Balance thing - again client choice to use "work" mode to "play" mode. Those company phone can lock this future to further secure the device and those who are like us "consumer" has choice for both. BB10 OS is far better than iOS or Android - only problem being App Diversity (and ofc marketing) I so wish to have PP2 in my hand with layer function of GPS and OS10.
    05-18-16 12:42 AM
    A Passport 2 with an all touch screen and keyboard option. Comes in a varity of colors including an all blacked out version. One can only dream...

Attachment 399819

Attachment 399820

Attachment 399821

Posted via CB10
    Wow. Those renders look beautiful! I would definitely go for an all touchscreen version of the Passport. So much screen real estate. It would be a beautiful device!
    05-18-16 09:47 AM
    From what I've read this is fact ; )
    But who AMM I right? LoL

Posted via CB10
    You can sideload the play store on a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 10:02 AM
163 12345 ...