Hold on, its not out yet.
    Its planned for the summer, if I am not mistaken.
    It will run android, accourding to all sources.
    Some qualcom SoC 6xx meaning it wont be a high-end phone like priv.
    It should be within 400 dollars price range.
    Looks like a longer PP SE with full BlackBerry keyboard.

And I really wish they wont mess up the battery. The 3000mAh on my oneplus running marshmallow can handle a full day(with a lot of screen time) with like 20% rest at the end, or 2 days with reasonable usage, so the only question is if they build the ROM properly.

BlackBerry?s new Android Phone Vienna is revealead - Billings Tech Week
    Thank you very much for this Information.

Let's see if it's good enough to replace my BlackBerry Passport SE ;P

I'm not saying that I'm unhappy with my BlackBerry Device but it will be also great to get something new again

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    05-27-16 01:09 AM
    +100000000000 After using pre2 and hp pre 3 I hated android ever since . The gestures, "app cards" and hub in bb10 reminded me of webOS. BB10 UI / UX is so much better then android . Conformity is killing us . Everyone who see my z10 is shocked and impressed. I want a passport SE but may wait until Dec. Dragging around good but dead tech is fatiguing but conforming for comfort is bad for ones health.
    05-27-16 09:23 AM
    are you aware that there is like gazilion of UI in android, right? And that you can hotswap them? Hated all of them? Anyway, try trebuchet or vanilla android (nexuses). there is nothing to hate on them. Not to mention the ahead of time compilation, that made the older phones so fast, I had to switch to BB, because I had nothing to complain about.
    I do not want to impress people with my phone, I don't care about that much, but the keyboard... ooh <3. If it had reasonable number of apps, it whould be the best device ever. This way... well hw specs are great.
    05-27-16 12:09 PM
    are you aware that there is like gazilion of UI in android, right? And that you can hotswap them? Hated all of them? Anyway, try trebuchet or vanilla android (nexuses). there is nothing to hate on them. Not to mention the ahead of time compilation, that made the older phones so fast, I had to switch to BB, because I had nothing to complain about.
    I do not want to impress people with my phone, I don't care about that much, but the keyboard... ooh <3. If it had reasonable number of apps, it whould be the best device ever. This way... well hw specs are great.
    Your totally right with the Keyboard. It is very Productive, and everyone that I always message or text is amazed how fast I can replay with it.

(try that on your virtual Keyboard)

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    05-28-16 11:38 AM
    Agreed. I'm loving my Passport but desire an upgrade.
    05-29-16 05:50 AM
    What is wrong with the original Passport

We have three in our family, two black and one SE and everybody is happy. Not interested in Facebook...... narcissism central. Whatsapp, who cares, we use BBM

We do our emails, messaging, banking, financial management, news reading, browsing, weather tracking, golf tracking, maps, pictures, ec etc etc.

Oh wait, maybe a faster CPU when we get G5.....

We are happy.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-16 06:50 AM
    Release a passport 2 with better specs and bb10 or Android os and I'm on that pre order list.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    05-29-16 10:29 AM
    I hope blackberry listens to their buyers and make a hybrid between android just so we can get all the apps but still have the blackberry OS as their main system.

The only reason people still like blackberry because of the keyboard. I'm surprised other tech companies haven't adopted this idea..
    keliew likes this.
    06-01-16 05:26 AM
    I hope blackberry listens to their buyers and make a hybrid between android just so we can get all the apps but still have the blackberry OS as their main system.

The only reason people still like blackberry because of the keyboard. I'm surprised other tech companies haven't adopted this idea..
    REALLY?? Less than .1% of phone buyers use a pkb device. That's a terrible idea.
    06-01-16 09:03 AM
    REALLY?? Less than .1% of phone buyers use a pkb device. That's a terrible idea.
    I am sure you have some statistics, but why is that?
    Both Q30 and Q20 were and still are so fu***ng expensive that you can litteraly buy 2 times oneplus two which is a device with better HW specs and no PKB. I guess Oneplus three will be still cheaper than a new passport.
    Q20 has not even the HW specs and still costs how much? 200+ bucks? Thats crazy.

And there are no other pkb mobiles, with non-dying-OS on the market. The keyboard itself is the wannabe hackers wildest dream. Be it the Q30 or Q20. I would be willing to pay the prize for a similar device with linux/android or any other living OS(with the potential of unlocked bootloader), but not for BB10. I like it, but as I cant use the device to its full potential, thx to the OS, I would not be willing to pay for it that much.
    Last edited by v0id_walker; 06-04-16 at 10:22 AM.
    06-01-16 12:52 PM
    There are many reasons why BlackBerry has less than .1% of marketshare in the US smartphone market. You mentioned a few:

1. High price to buy BB 10 devices compared to better spec'd Android devices.
    2. Less than desirable phone specs (slow processors, bad cameras, bad batteries, etc.) on BB10 devices.
    3. BB10 is no longer being updated by BlackBerry.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Passport, but I do not expect to see a Passport 2.
    06-01-16 03:37 PM
    I have BlackBerry Passport I love it...maybe it is not a best device in the market but is awesome mashine. It's have good looks and catch looks where ever I go. And I don't want to change it. But some thing must be upgrade:
    1. Camera back and front
    2. Display
    3. OS some hybrid Andoid and bb10, because for more apps
    Do you have any suggestions?
    BlackBerry must hear us....

Posted via CB10
    Sure, where and by when would you like it delivered? Please advise.
    06-02-16 12:50 AM
    Agreed. A newer version with new hardware would be welcomed. I buy one!

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 05:20 PM
    Definitely need to release another version of the Passport!!!

Only this time...make the marketing campaign as good as the phone!

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    06-25-16 01:22 AM
    The All black looks cool like an agent used phone in USA, I am not quite sure about the Touch screen on the passport 2 as I think the Keyboard is what blackberry good at and being heavily recognised!!!!!!!!!!
    06-25-16 05:09 AM
    Yes it's time for Passport 2!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 07:00 AM
    I have BlackBerry Passport I love it...maybe it is not a best device in the market but is awesome mashine. It's have good looks and catch looks where ever I go. And I don't want to change it. But some thing must be upgrade:
    1. Camera back and front
    2. Display
    3. OS some hybrid Andoid and bb10, because for more apps
    Do you have any suggestions?
    BlackBerry must hear us....

Posted via CB10
    They should make an Android version to really gain traction. And I'd like it to have an AMOLED display.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 08:14 AM
    How about a dual boot feature allowing to choose BBOS or Android?!

My wishlist for the Passport 2:

� Physical keyboard like the current one with an additional numerical row
    � BBOS 11 - more support and customization
    � 5 or 6 inch square screen with no black frame around it
    � Better camera - I'm sorry this is not a real 13 megapixel camera
    � More or less same design as the Silver Edition maybe thinner
    � Two sim card slots
    � Removable battery

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 12:05 PM
    Release a passport 2 with better specs and bb10 or Android os and I'm on that pre order list.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    Me too!

Jaglenn's Passport
    06-25-16 03:10 PM
    I would purchase a Blackberry Passport 2 (with updated specs) in a heartbeat even though the first passport is still a beast.
    06-25-16 03:34 PM
    Me too!

Jaglenn's Passport
    Me three.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 03:53 PM
    Two or three years ago I came across a YouTube video showing a monitor, keyboard and mouse plugged into a BlackBerry. Think it was a a Z30? Anyhow the BlackBerry marketers should use that idea with the Passport 2.0 - add Work Wide so your using two screens.

Not sure I've seen this done with Apple or Samsung phones.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 03:58 PM
    bb10 is a dead end so all devices are too.
    Concur, which is why I purchased a Priv ... figured even if BlackBerry went tits-up with hardware, I'd have a pretty sweet Android device that acted like a BlackBerry, had a nice physical keyboard, and had more security than most others on the market.

... even if it's a bit big for my taste.
    I need a Passport running Android.

Posted via CB10
    Then it wouldn't be a passport! {{shivers}} euuu!

Jaglenn's Passport
    06-25-16 06:33 PM
163 ... 4567