Chen wants sales, not reviews or praise for thinking out of the box. Because out of the box, just means you're out of the box.

Vienna/Rome is what we will get... a more traditionally sized PKB. Now if that and the rumored all touch Hamburg do sell well, who knows what will be next. But first they have to launch and then sell the Vienna/Rome device...
    Yeah, but a lot of people seemed dissatisfied with the Priv keyboard being too cramped as I recall? I dunno, the Vienna / Rome (rumoured) with 16x9 looks too stretched and potentially top heavy to me.

Anyway, be interesting to see if/when some leaks drop!

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 08:34 AM
    Yeah, but a lot of people seemed dissatisfied with the Priv keyboard being too cramped as I recall? I dunno, the Vienna / Rome (rumoured) with 16x9 looks too stretched and potentially top heavy to me.

Anyway, be interesting to see if/when some leaks drop!

Posted via CB10
    Android today is really made for large all touch devices... thanks to Apple. Originally Android was going to launch on a very BlackBerry looking PKB device. But Google was very fast to react and saw that consumers seemed to want a larger screen to view content and documents.

Today... we still don't know if there is a PKB niche that is large enough to support one of BlackBerry's key differentiators.

One of the last times a developer shared his download data (last I saw was over a year)... Z10 and Z30 where the two most popular devcies being used by BlackBerry users.
    05-16-16 08:53 AM
    Android today is really made for large all touch devices... thanks to Apple. Originally Android was going to launch on a very BlackBerry looking PKB device. But Google was very fast to react and saw that consumers seemed to want a larger screen to view content and documents.

Today... we still don't know if there is a PKB niche that is large enough to support one of BlackBerry's key differentiators.

One of the last times a developer shared his download data (last I saw was over a year)... Z10 and Z30 where the two most popular devcies being used by BlackBerry users.
    Yes, I think a lot of BlackBerry 10 users transitioned to all touch as well. My buddy got the Priv and basically doesn't use the PKB at all so I agree.

I just think on Android with the wealth of choice in all touch, it's hard to come up with a compelling reason to buy a mid range Android BlackBerry. They may as well just go all software and offer their suite to any Android device (like Microsoft has recently begun to do).

There may not be a big enough niche market in PKB to make it profitable, in which case they'll exit hardware. But if it were me and I was making one last toss of the dice in devices, I'd try for something that's as different as possible. Otherwise it'll be specs for price comparison and they'll lose for sure.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 09:04 AM
    Dear BB,

I've had 2 iPhones, 3 Samsung based Andriod phones and 7 Blackberry phones. I use both the Priv and the Passport at the moment. I use the Priv as my mini Andriod tablet and my Passport as my work horse machine.

After all that use and experience.......The Passport (for me) is the absolute best phone ever made.

Please consider making the next version of the Passport that runs the latest BB10.

Thanks.
    05-16-16 12:15 PM
    Yes, BlackBerry is reading all of your requests! Good work, everyone!

05-16-16 12:37 PM
    Passport with a Pen would kill all the other phone in the market.....big screen with qwerty KB with a stylish Pen....dammmm we haven't seen any device with this option......

Posted via CB10
    Powdah and Markocvetkovicc like this.
    05-16-16 12:53 PM
    Yes, BlackBerry is reading all of your requests! Good work, everyone!

Hey who knows, c_bryant seems engaged occasionally here on Hub for Android, maybe the new head of devices (whose name escapes me) is lurking the forums. . I was certainly impressed at the number of pro-passport comments to Bla1ze's five reasons BB10 is better article.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 01:07 PM
    A Passport 2 with an all touch screen and keyboard option. Comes in a varity of colors including an all blacked out version. One can only dream...

Posted via CB10
    Okay, then BlackBerry should make the Passport 2:

1. Running Android.
    2. Better camera, including much better selfie camera.
    3. With virtual keyboard, as shown in Pooter's renders.
    4. I should win the first Passport 2 contest on CrackBerry!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Denise in Los Angeles; 05-16-16 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Add photos
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    05-16-16 01:15 PM
    **Clarification: If it runs Android, the phone name would need to be changed, so people would not assume that Passport 1 could run Android.
    05-16-16 01:26 PM
    I need only the 4 arrows virtual keyboard feature, to move the coursor in the text lines.
    This is a new feature on the PRiV android 6 last releas (a line with the 4 arrows on the virtual keyboard part on the bottom screen).
    Do you know if this feature wille include on the next 3.3 for the BB10? It's my only important need for the very good passport and BB10.
    05-16-16 01:31 PM
    **Clarification: If it runs Android, the phone name would need to be changed, so people would not assume that Passport 1 could run Android.
    Good Point

In honour of the iniquitous PRIV, I would call it the SQUIV.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    05-16-16 01:58 PM
    Nah, just "Passport AE" (Android Edition).

Pooter's design is great, but maybe some SE rounded corners. And an option to have the VKB always on for shortcuts and to use as trackpad. . Or a 4 row touch capacitive PKB (differentiator otherwise it's close to a Note).

Should be cheap enough to put in a decent chip, camera, etc and hit mid-range targets.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 02:25 PM
    If the BB Vienna/Rome phones do not reach a million in unit sales BB will be out of the phone business altogether.
    05-16-16 04:54 PM
    Chen will make it happen.

Have faith.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    Markocvetkovicc likes this.
    05-16-16 05:05 PM
    Nah, just "Passport AE" (Android Edition).

Pooter's design is great, but maybe some SE rounded corners. And an option to have the VKB always on for shortcuts and to use as trackpad. . Or a 4 row touch capacitive PKB (differentiator otherwise it's close to a Note).

Should be cheap enough to put in a decent chip, camera, etc and hit mid-range targets.

Posted via CB10
    I stand by what I posted. Even now, some CrackBerry people want Android on their BB10 devices because of the Priv having Android.

If they made a Passport 2 with Android, the howling from those people saying its possible to put Android on the Passport 1 would NEVER end! (I have been here on CrackBerry long enough to know that for a fact.)
    05-16-16 06:21 PM
    Considering there was probably more android phones sold today than passports sold since the release, I would argue that it's pretty safe to say the Passport SE is the final Passport.

If someone has zero interest in a concept, then an actual product, why would they have interest in a hardware revision of a pizza box shaped phone with no native applications?
    05-16-16 06:24 PM
    Agree about the camera. Tbh my Q10's camera is better. Pictures are sharper, the autofocus is faster, it can focus more closer to an object definitely. Plus the pics my SE takes looks full of noise, very bright like I modified them using an app. Idk why they downgraded the camera

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 06:28 PM
    Considering there was probably more android phones sold today than passports sold since the release, I would argue that it's pretty safe to say the Passport SE is the final Passport.

If someone has zero interest in a concept, then an actual product, why would they have interest in a hardware revision of a pizza box shaped phone with no native applications?
    This is a dream thread, where all of our wanted devices will be made. Do not wake anyone up in here.
    05-16-16 06:30 PM
    well i think blackberry should make an iOS powered PRIV with the BB10 android runtime and the passports keyboard but only the width of the iphone. also it needs to be 17 inches tall and 29 inches thick.
    05-16-16 06:32 PM
    I stand by what I posted. Even now, some CrackBerry people want Android on their BB10 devices because of the Priv having Android.

If they made a Passport 2 with Android, the howling from those people saying its possible to put Android on the Passport 1 would NEVER end! (I have been here on CrackBerry long enough to know that for a fact.)
    Fair enough, but Passport is a great name. And there's something to be said for consistency: iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 6s... Technically the software / hardware on an iPhone 4 is vastly different from iPhone 6s, so I'm okay with keeping the name (of this massively hypothetical device). Z10 / Z30 / Q10 / Q5 / Leap / Passport / Priv / Classic / etc. Make your mind up already! =)
    05-16-16 06:32 PM
    Invoking the same name is okay if the device were using the same OS. But not for such a major change, like having Android. Otherwise, they could have called the Priv "Torch 2".
    05-16-16 06:35 PM
    This is a dream thread, where all of our wanted devices will be made. Do not wake anyone up in here.
    Nothing wrong with dreaming. It's free, requires little effort, and sometimes takes you places you've never been before, lol.
    05-16-16 06:36 PM
    Invoking the same name is okay if the device were using the same OS. But not for such a major change, like having Android. Otherwise, they could have called the Priv "Torch 2".
    Imho, they should have called it the BlackBerry Slider. Nice and simple, and if people looked at it in the carrier store, they might actually have tried to figure out why it was called a Slider...
    05-16-16 06:38 PM
    Or even TorchDroid
    05-16-16 06:38 PM
    Great renders. I like the red option.

Others have said it and I will echo it here: the Passport is the first truly unique BB10 device. It's a powerhouse that some will love and others will hate, similar to the Samsung Note's initial reception. I disagree that it should be an all touch device, since the PKB on the Passport is perfect for scrolling, selecting text, swiping and typing. And all-touch Passport is just the Z30 with a few dimension tweaks.

Blackberry needs for Google Play services to work out of the box on their phone. Put it on dispay with Gmail, Google Drive, and the Play store. That's all people want really. It's too much for our phone obsessed culture to not have the latest navigate-the-bird or face transpose app while all their friends do. Also, giving consumers BBOS with the option to use Google's services / app market effectively will entice consumers to try the Blackberry. It still astounds me that the hipster culture hasn't adopted BBRY wholeheartedly, but chooses the completely mainstream iPhone / Samsung.

As for the Passport II, improve the battery life, camera, and give a few different finish options (gold, silver, matte black, etc.). Have the Google Play store / services installed out of the box, and for heaven's sake promote the device in store! Android would be a good option as well. If it gets BBRY handsets into the consumers' hands it will sustain BBRY as a whole. OS7 is still heavily used in other parts of the world, and BB10 can co-exist along with the Black-droids.
    Last edited by jmhaines; 05-16-16 at 06:48 PM. Reason: spelling, last paragraph
    05-16-16 06:44 PM
163 1234 ...