Actually......It's made my Samsung, but works perfectly with the Passport. I was considering modifying my old Storm desktop dock, but found this at my local AT&T store on clearance for $12.25, retail is $49.99. The Passport sits perfectly into the micro USB and charges it. It has really good build quality and a nice slim and compact design too. It'll be a nice temporary fix until BlackBerry gets their act together and releases their own desktop dock. Enjoy the pics!

10-26-14 06:06 PM
    That is awesome. I am going to get one of those for sure.
    10-26-14 06:15 PM
    nice. sucks it's samsung, but hopefully BlackBerry will release some goodies for passport when they launch the classic.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 06:16 PM
    I agree. They need to release a lot more accessories!!! Cases, tempered glass screen protectors, bumpers, charging docks, car mounts, etc....i could go on and on.....they are leaving money on the table by not capitalizing on our needs. Didn't JC say there was going to be a lot of accessories that will arrive with the new phones anyways?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 01:38 AM
    Please can you check is BlackBerry Passport with hard shell fits in?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 03:21 AM
    Please can you check is BlackBerry Passport with hard shell fits in?

Posted via CB10
    I will be receiving my hardshell case next week. I'll check and post pics once it arrives.
    10-28-14 03:32 AM
    Interesting..

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 08:58 AM
    I will be receiving my hardshell case next week. I'll check and post pics once it arrives.
    I'd like to know as well, thanks op.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 09:05 AM
    Multimedia dock with no hdmi?

I like the way it looks but I wish it had hdmi

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 09:25 AM
    So this only charges the phone? Why not just call it a charging dock?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 09:51 AM
    I got this at a dollar store for $1.25, works just fine.

ThaMunsta likes this.
    10-28-14 12:41 PM
    I got this at a dollar store for $1.25, works just fine.

http://shao-soft.com/cradle.jpg
    You're putting a lot of lateral pressure on the charging port of your device with a dock like this. Paying 1.25 to wear out your Passport, imo.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 01:29 PM
    Multimedia dock with no hdmi?

I like the way it looks but I wish it had hdmi

Posted via CB10
    Samsung's Smart Dock has HDMI output but I'm not sure it's compatible with PP.

Posted via CB10
    irweezyy likes this.
    10-28-14 01:31 PM
    Samsung's Smart Dock has HDMI output but I'm not sure it's compatible with PP.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for pointing this one out! Turns out I had one lying around at home lol. 1 hdmi port, 3 usb, 1 micro usb and 1 aux, now this is a multimedia dock! It also has an adjustable piece where it connects to the phone so it will work with hard shell case. I'm going to test it to see if I can charge, hdmi out and otg at the same time.

UPDATE: ok so my excitement quickly turned to frustration and now I am back to hunting for another dock. Turns out that this smart dock is for mhl connection. When I dock the phone it does not recognize that it is connected to the dock, no charging, no otg and no hdmi! Was worth a shot and at least I didn't have to spend any money finding out t he hard way as I already had it at home.

BlackBerry Multimedia Desktop Dock-img_20141029_132810.jpg

BlackBerry Multimedia Desktop Dock-img_20141029_132803.jpg

BlackBerry Multimedia Desktop Dock-img_20141029_132750.jpg

BlackBerry Multimedia Desktop Dock-img_20141029_132743.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by irwindersra; 10-29-14 at 01:44 PM.
    10-29-14 12:31 PM
    I agree. They need to release a lot more accessories!!! Cases, tempered glass screen protectors, bumpers, charging docks, car mounts, etc....i could go on and on.....they are leaving money on the table by not capitalizing on our needs. Didn't JC say there was going to be a lot of accessories that will arrive with the new phones anyways?

Posted via CB10
    Yes JC said that indeed! So why on earth hasn't BlackBerry released accessories yet for the Passport? I really don't get it.....

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 01:29 PM
    I can't use another manufacturer's docking station than BlackBerry's.

I really hope they'll come up with one.

..posted with my best phone ever! The new BlackBerry Passport! I no longer wait for the Classic. Maybe the BlackBerry slider. ..but the passport is more BlackBerry than ever!
    10-29-14 01:31 PM
    Thanks for pointing this one out! Turns out I had one lying around at home lol. 1 hdmi port, 3 usb, 1 micro usb and 1 aux, now this is a multimedia dock! It also has an adjustable piece where it connects to the phone so it will work with hard shell case. I'm going to test it to see if I can charge, hdmi out and otg at the same time.

UPDATE: ok so my excitement quickly turned to frustration and now I am back to hunting for another dock. Turns out that this smart dock is for mhl connection. When I dock the phone it does not recognize that it is connected to the dock, no charging, no otg and no hdmi! Was worth a shot and at least I didn't have to spend any money finding out t he hard way as I already had it at home.
    Posted via CB10
    But the Passport has an MHL port, no? What's the deal?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 04:06 PM
    But the Passport has an MHL port, no? What's the deal?

Posted via CB10
    SlimPort. Close in functionality, but a different standard with different features.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    10-29-14 04:22 PM
    SlimPort. Close in functionality, but a different standard with different features.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    Oh. Thanks for the reply.
    After doing a bit of research, SlimPort appears to be the superior standard. And the only one for professionals as it also has DVI and VGA support.
    Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 04:25 PM