Great review from NDTV , never heard of it but I like the honest review of the passport. The title is their closing remark.

BlackBerry Passport Review: The QWERTY Challenger | NDTV Gadgets
    10-13-14 04:06 AM
    Yes, but he has no idea of the existence of Z30 and he thinks the priority Hub is new to 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque and mgopal2k like this.
    10-13-14 04:36 AM
    Yeah, not a bad review after all

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    mgopal2k likes this.
    10-13-14 04:39 AM
    Yes, but he has no idea of the existence of Z30 and he thinks the priority Hub is new to 10.3.

Posted via CB10

That's the power of marketing.,

The Passport is getting people to review and discover things about BlackBerry 10 in a manner that the z30 never could.

Now suddenly people are like, check out the hub, you can run android apps, etc whereas before they just kept pointing out shortcomings or in the case of the z30 which was their best phone yet, not at all because no one even knew about it.

This has been their best move yet and it will help the Classic sell as well. Because people are actually paying attention to BlackBerry 10 and what it can do.

#CB10 #DirtyThirty #NaturalSound
    DiegoV_G and rawat_sandip like this.
    10-13-14 08:17 AM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Well said!

It's drawing people to blackberry for the first time, in a way z10, Q10 and z30 never could...

With good reason.....

Blackberry may have finally done something completely right-fullsizerender-2-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    rawat_sandip likes this.
    10-13-14 08:28 AM
    Well said!

It's drawing people to blackberry for the first time, in a way z10, Q10 and z30 never could...

With good reason.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender(2).jpg 
Views:	1826 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	305670

Posted via CB10
    It is pretty interesting to see that while initial reviews (ones that came out right after the launch) were mostly negative and lack of substance. But, lately, we have seen more reviews come out highlighting the passport's features on productivity. I think we will see more and more of these soon. The device has a learning curve and it really needs sometime for a user to utilize the phone in its full potential. I think these reviewers who have been used the phone for sometime prior to writing the review is seeing such effect.

I really believe that BlackBerry did something really special here. Although, it may lack all the hype and sales of a new iPhone, but people are recognizing its unique features and giving BlackBerry credit for it.
    10-13-14 09:44 AM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Well said... I agree. There is a lot of depth to this phone.. it grows on you as you begin to see the power and capabilities.... lots of hidden gems...

Blackberry hit a home run with Passport

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 09:50 AM
    The initial bad reviews were typical biased trashing of bb. Now we get the me too band-wagon effect.

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    10-13-14 09:55 AM
    Glad to see the Passport getting some positive press. I for one don't put a lot of value in the typical BlackBerry reviews. I love the Passport and it has become my do all device over the last couple weeks. More than any of my other BlackBerry phones were. My iPad is collecting dust. If I could get this thing to run a couple windows programs I could loose the laptop as well.

Passport on AT&T
    rawat_sandip likes this.
    10-13-14 10:02 AM
    It is pretty interesting to see that while initial reviews (ones that came out right after the launch) were mostly negative and lack of substance. But, lately, we have seen more reviews come out highlighting the passport's features on productivity. I think we will see more and more of these soon. The device has a learning curve and it really needs sometime for a user to utilize the phone in its full potential. I think these reviewers who have been used the phone for sometime prior to writing the review is seeing such effect.

I really believe that BlackBerry did something really special here. Although, it may lack all the hype and sales of a new iPhone, but people are recognizing its unique features and giving BlackBerry credit for it.
    The reason the mostly bad reviews were around launch and the mostly good reviews are now is because these are real, actual reviews!

Before they were mostly people who had used it for a few hours, maybe a day, or a couple days if they were credible sources. You'd have noticed the only positive reviews were from people who had used it for 72+ hours, mostly the people who had used it for a week or more. Now these are all from people who have waited it out and not rushed the review, giving it an actual chance and a fair review.

It's great to see and I actually have learned a few things and tricks from some of the recent reviews I've read! :P

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-13-14 10:50 AM
    That's the power of marketing.,

The Passport is getting people to review and discover things about BlackBerry 10 in a manner that the z30 never could.

Now suddenly people are like, check out the hub, you can run android apps, etc whereas before they just kept pointing out shortcomings or in the case of the z30 which was their best phone yet, not at all because no one even knew about it.

This has been their best move yet and it will help the Classic sell as well. Because people are actually paying attention to BlackBerry 10 and what it can do.

#CB10 #DirtyThirty #NaturalSound
    That's the importance of packaging bb10 in solid hardware. Before people would discard it before they even started because they new it was already old hardware that wasn't compelling.

With the Passport the hardware is compelling enough to entice people to explore more into it. That's why you now see people mentioning things like, you can run android apps even if they aren't on amazon if you are willing to try installing snap. I mean, that says that they really looked into how to make this thing work for them. Remember the WSJ lady that claimed there was no instagram? That's the opposite,.. she went no further than opening BlackBerry world and searching "instagram".

So yeah,.. the Passport's hardware is good enough to get people to want to make it work for them. It's like if someone offered you an exotic sports car, but it's a stick shift and you only know how to drive automatic. If it was a corolla, you would probably pass on the opportunity. But since you really want to drive that sports car, you will go through the trouble of learning how to drive a manual transmission car. And when you do master it, it feels even more rewarding! And I think that's how the Passport is,.. a little difficult, but once you master it,.. it's very rewarding.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 11:32 AM
    ^ well said.

Posted with my awesome Blackberry Passport
    10-13-14 11:39 AM
    For me it's not about positive or negative reviews but honest and fair reviews. The Passport is ouzing with innovation and great build quality. Reviewers need only approach the devise with an open and fair mind.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 11:53 AM