She don't like installing android apps on his BlackBerry because she didn't buy it for that lol

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.500 #NoGoingBack
    No need to be a dink.

BB Proud
    04-22-15 09:15 AM
    BlackBerry maps is awesome in Canada. Never had an issue, ever...unlike my iPhone that would route me all over the place.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I use it almost exclusively. But I've never needed it for points of interest or gas stations. I use GasBuddy and usually know where I'm going and what i want to see before heading out.

BB Proud
    04-22-15 09:18 AM
    Have you tried Waze? As others have noted, BlackBerry maps varies based upon where you are. In Canada, I find it's great, and pretty good in the U.S. When I went to Asia it was useless.

Waze, however, worked everywhere.
    Now Waze was a huge battery drain for me i stopped using it a while and honestly don't miss it. In fact i should uninstall it.

BB Proud
    04-22-15 09:20 AM
    The best I have found is Navfree which is free. It has preloaded maps but if it can't be found you can download from the Web including Google and others. The best part is it uses very little data and is fairly easy on battery life. The voice navigation is good but not the best but it rarely fails me. If it cannot find an address no mapping app can. I travel everyday for work and I use it over the company has on my laptop

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    I deleted Navfree after is directed me to make illegal u-turns to get to my house.

BB Proud
    04-22-15 09:22 AM
    I deleted Navfree after is directed me to make illegal u-turns to get to my house.

BB Proud
    Expecting a mapping program to know every local law is not realistic. Sometimes you have take responsibility for driving.

04-22-15 09:26 AM
    Install AutoMapa is the best when it comes to Warsaw and all Poland and even Europe. LiveDrive avoid traffic jams, accidents, etc. information. Only well you have to perform the configuration omitting unpaved roads. I'm using at the Passport and previously Q10 and Z10, Z30
    04-22-15 09:34 AM
    Install AutoMapa is the best when it comes to Warsaw and all Poland and even Europe. LiveDrive avoid traffic jams, accidents, etc. information. Only well you have to perform the configuration omitting unpaved roads. I'm using at the Passport and previously Q10 and Z10, Z30

OK thanks, I will check that. In Warsaw it hard to used BlackBerry maps.

Thanks for all the other reply and alternatives.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    04-22-15 09:39 AM
    Aponia is a good android, off line nav system. Uses Navteq / Here mapping.

I have looked at several map providers. I have found much better TomTom maps on other apps. BB must have licensed the lease expense option, therefore not giving us the best maps.

Offline would be nice for when we roam.
    04-22-15 09:54 AM
    Navfree is in BlackBerry World and your best bet if you ask me on your BB if BlackBerry maps is not making you happy.

A strong point for me is also that it provides offline navigation.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 09:55 AM
    I use BlackBerry map all the time when travel to places I am not familiar with and it always takes me to the destination without any problems.
    1raygin and miker476 like this.
    04-22-15 10:11 AM
    I use BeMaps Pro, and haven't had an issue, that uses Google Maps.
    revtech likes this.
    04-22-15 10:22 AM
    All maps work for me! BlackBerry Map, Google Maps, BeMap Pro, Waze, Navfree, Black Ops, Retrace, and even Hudway! There's so many to choose from why make it so difficult.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.500 #NoGoingBack
    thymaster likes this.
    04-22-15 10:46 AM
    Everybody as battery drain when using a maps application. That's why they make car chargers. Here in the US, every map application is dependent of the cellular networks, and there are some areas that have poor results, as the rural areas have very little coverage, while the big cities have poor reception due the interference with the signals.

BB Maps works great for me.
    04-22-15 11:18 AM
    The thing I REALLY want is to be able to use the Nokia Here app on my Passport.
    anon(6098928) and minttea like this.
    04-22-15 11:19 AM
    Nokia here is the best for me. I wish they developed it for BlackBerry...but it will never happens.
    Offline maps on here is really good.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 11:25 AM
    Expecting a mapping program to know every local law is not realistic. Sometimes you have take responsibility for driving.

I can confirm what that guy said. Navfree asked me to do illegal U-turns everywhere, sometimes in the middle of a busy highway.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Tab 4
    thymaster likes this.
    04-22-15 11:31 AM
    I can confirm what that guy said. Navfree asked me to do illegal U-turns everywhere, sometimes in the middle of a busy highway.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Tab 4
    LOL but a person still has to use common sense. BBMaps have also told me that.

Just like stories I have heard about truck drivers using their GPS and getting stuck under low underpasses. My GPS told me to go that way, duh you still have to see the signs that say "low bridge ahead with a height of what it is".
    thymaster and Zidentia like this.
    04-22-15 11:35 AM
    So what are we using as an alternative as I think we have all found that BB Maps is just not cutting it..
    04-22-15 11:56 AM
    So what are we using as an alternative as I think we have all found that BB Maps is just not cutting it..
    Not at all true. I find BlackBerry Maps to be just fine. The turn-by-turn directions through Assistant have be spot on for me.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    miker476 likes this.
    04-22-15 12:20 PM
    Not at all true. I find BlackBerry Maps to be just fine. The turn-by-turn directions through Assistant have be spot on for me.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    Me too. But I'm in America, it seems it maybe better here and in Canada than it is in Asia or Eastern Europe (I think OP is in Warsaw?)

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 12:42 PM
    Now Waze was a huge battery drain for me i stopped using it a while and honestly don't miss it.
    Bummer. It was actually the app that made me think Android wasn't all bad on the Z10.
    04-22-15 12:52 PM
    I live in Los Angeles and am always on the freeways. BlackBerry maps works great down here, it always saves me times on the freeway during bad traffic and it finds routes that get me to my destination faster.

It's a lot better than Apple Maps for what I use it for, because Apple Maps just gets me there and is NEVER as good at finding the quickest route.
    04-22-15 01:08 PM
    Blackberry Maps work great in the Netherlands
    04-22-15 01:31 PM
    BB's map app is okay if all you want it driving navigation and you're somewhere that TomTom cares about. Compared to other map programs it is functionally deficient.

The closest thing to Google Maps on BB that I've found is BeMaps Pro. It is expensive but it uses Google Maps as a back end.
    revtech likes this.
    04-22-15 01:53 PM
    My biggest problem with Blackberry Maps is the lack of walking directions. I frequently use my phone when navigating around on foot, Google Maps provides navigation for walking, it would be nice if Blackberry Maps did the same.
    Korla_Plankton likes this.
    04-22-15 01:56 PM
169 1234 ...