It does seem to work good.... I'm going to give it a try for a while and compare the two.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    04-24-15 05:52 PM
    Works perfectly all for me. Punch in an address and I get accurate directions from where I am to where I want to go.
    04-24-15 06:33 PM
    I've never had any problems. It was developed by Tom Tom.

Posted via CB10
    Idk if it was developed if not let us say "powered by" Tom Tom or just basically using TT maps. But options are scarce don't you think?

Posted via the CB10 App on my Z10
    04-24-15 08:23 PM
    And?? If I wishes to run android I will buy an android phone, that is simple. I shouldn't have to slideload an apk to have a good maps. It doesn't changed the fact, this app is really bad. And I can't sideload app for security reason too, my work do not allow such thing.

I tried Google maps and it drain my battery too much to be used. I am travelling a lot and I am away almost from 8h to 19h. My battery do not last all day.

Posted via CB10
    You don't have to sideload apk files anoymore...
    extisis likes this.
    04-24-15 10:46 PM
    BlackBerry maps has its own life I think. Using it in Germany.

I used it from my place to the Hamburg airport about 6 times now and every time it gave me a completely different route. The first time was absolutely convenient, I was there in 60 minutes. The second time was so horrible, it took me through the whole city and I needed 90 minutes. Now I figured out my own way and that's what I will be driving. No navigation anymore for me.

I like when things are consistent, but BlackBerry maps is not. I couldn't figure out what it is but I'm scared to rely on it. Maybe it tries to navigate around traffic?

Battery consumption is amazing. For a 90 minutes navigation it only used 6% battery. (I remember my old. IPhone 4S with Navigon, 30 minutes and the battery was dead from 100%. Good to have a BlackBerry now Hehe)

Compared to Navigon I would say BlackBerry maps is a bit late in telling you which street to turn.
    Compared to Google maps with the same route I would say: Haahaa BlackBerry wins =) Google maps is so bad, I really don't know why people like it so much.

Edit: It's really funny how the "navigation woman" says "congestion". It sounds like "cunshtn" Hehe. My girlfriend who's from England laughed her a** off.

extisis likes this.
    04-25-15 03:59 AM
    Idk if it was developed if not let us say "powered by" Tom Tom or just basically using TT maps. But options are scarce don't you think?

Posted via the CB10 App on my Z10
    TomTom reups their agreement with BlackBerry to power maps in BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

This, from Crackberry.
    04-25-15 10:50 AM
    BlackBerry maps has its own life I think. Using it in Germany.

I used it from my place to the Hamburg airport about 6 times now and every time it gave me a completely different route. The first time was absolutely convenient, I was there in 60 minutes. The second time was so horrible, it took me through the whole city and I needed 90 minutes. Now I figured out my own way and that's what I will be driving. No navigation anymore for me.

I like when things are consistent, but BlackBerry maps is not. I couldn't figure out what it is but I'm scared to rely on it. Maybe it tries to navigate around traffic?

Battery consumption is amazing. For a 90 minutes navigation it only used 6% battery. (I remember my old. IPhone 4S with Navigon, 30 minutes and the battery was dead from 100%. Good to have a BlackBerry now Hehe)

Compared to Navigon I would say BlackBerry maps is a bit late in telling you which street to turn.
    Compared to Google maps with the same route I would say: Haahaa BlackBerry wins =) Google maps is so bad, I really don't know why people like it so much.

Edit: It's really funny how the "navigation woman" says "congestion". It sounds like "cunshtn" Hehe. My girlfriend who's from England laughed her a** off.

If you have your settings on "Avoid Traffic" then it should come as no surprise that Maps takes you different directions when you use it, especially around an airport. I love this feature, I use Maps all the time, even when I know where I'm going specifically because of it. There's so much construction and congestion going on in my local area that Maps constantly works hard to find me the best route according to the traffic flow at the time and will not hesitate to reroute me mid-course to avoid new hold ups. As I I've said before, this function is faster and a lot more efficient on my Passport than on my wife's stand alone Garmin or recently retired Tom Tom.
    04-25-15 11:48 AM
    can't decide it by country. I'm sure people here in the states use it with no problem, but i'm in LA... big road system and BB Maps fails. and i'm sure it doesn't work for everyone in every part of Canada.
    I just got back from LA and it worked great for me. Not a single issue!!

 Passport via CB10
    04-25-15 01:25 PM
    I just got back from LA and it worked great for me. Not a single issue!!

 Passport via CB10
    my issue still stands. it routes me off the freeway just to get back on. i think it might have to do with the "traffic-based" enhanced routing option... will turn it off and try it again.
    04-25-15 01:34 PM
    cool, so i was right. thanks!
    04-25-15 02:04 PM
    my issue still stands. it routes me off the freeway just to get back on. i think it might have to do with the "traffic-based" enhanced routing option... will turn it off and try it again.
    I had Maps do that every now and then. I usually ignore it but when I was in Florida this winter, the little reroute off an exit and then back on at the next exit actually seemed to bypass some slower traffic. It took me off onto a collector lane and then back on.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    04-25-15 03:27 PM
    Not to add fuel to the fire, but us folks in India could really do with an update on the maps app which sucks in every way at the moment. Navfree is decent in terms of identifying places of interest, but the routing is not all that good.
    A darn good update to the native maps combined with the availability of offline maps is absolutely essential.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 04:21 PM
    Only 2 issues I got with it is that the map won't keep the direction I'm heading at the top of the screen when I'm not in navigation mode, I'd like the overhead map look but want the map to rotate to keep the direction I'm going facing up

Second is I want offline maps as well .

I may have to try out that Merio app you guys keep referring to but I'm trying my best to avoid it (I don't want to get into buying apps). The Navfree is okay but it doesn't find addresses where I need them. It gets me to intersections or wrong side of city >.>
    04-25-15 06:57 PM
    Just get Waze from app store and stop complaining

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 08:20 PM
    Does Waze have offline maps? Haven't used it before
    04-25-15 08:24 PM
    [QUOTE=muindor;11588795]Compared to Navigon I would say BlackBerry maps is a bit late in telling you which street to turn.
    Compared to Google maps with the same route I would say: Haahaa BlackBerry wins =) Google maps is so bad, I really don't know why people like it so much.QUOTE]

What on earth are you on about? Google Maps is by far the best one out there. Stopp being such a BlackBerry fan-boy.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 10:17 PM
    I had Maps do that every now and then. I usually ignore it but when I was in Florida this winter, the little reroute off an exit and then back on at the next exit actually seemed to bypass some slower traffic. It took me off onto a collector lane and then back on.

Posted via CB10
    the times when it would do it for me it was give and take... the traffic in LA is famous... but the times it would tell me to go off an exit it wasn't really called for. i would just try to ignore it but either the beeps or the woman's voice would go off every 2 seconds.. talk about super annoying.
    04-25-15 10:41 PM
    Works well. I wish it had satellite view.
    04-26-15 07:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    that's a port. complaining will continue.
    04-26-15 09:27 PM
    Happy with it here.

Posted via Classic.
    04-26-15 09:27 PM
    I was just about to say that, I live in the Ottawa Region and it is spot on when I use my wife's car. My own car car has an integrated GPS and I find both as equal.
    04-26-15 10:29 PM
    This is one of the reasons why I still keep my Lumia 1520.

Nokia's HERE map is actually not too shabby. And maps are quite up to date with simple but effective interface.

MBFan-WHITE PASSPORT
    anon(6098928) likes this.
    04-27-15 12:15 AM
    I use the maps in Waze
    04-28-15 04:20 PM
    I often use maps in Melbourne (Australia), but would like for once for the traffic feature to work. I always get the 'traffic information not available' message. Why is it so hard to get this integrated into the app?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 03:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    Waze uses too much data for my situation and the warnings it has are vague and normally incorrect or out of date.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-29-15 08:21 AM
169 ... 34567