I'm surprised that after all these responses only one person has mentioned BeMaps? It uses Google Maps and is built for BB10 so best of both worlds? Seems like the easiest answer, am I missing something?
    04-22-15 02:46 PM
    I swear I'm one of the few out there that loves the job BB did with maps.

I opt for BB maps over google or anything else on a regular basis.
    revtech and thymaster like this.
    04-22-15 04:14 PM
    My experience has been that it creates a huge battery drain, uses a LOT of data, and you can't get it to provide a voice update by tapping the screen.
    For example, if it tells me "In 10 miles, turn left" it won't offer another update until it's almost time to turn left. I like to be able to tap the screen to know how far I still have to go. (A feature my Windows phone had.)

I live in The Netherlands and BlackBerry Maps works great, it simply does the job 'navigate me to my destination'.
    Nothing more and nothing less, maybe it has less bells and whistles.
    But simply navigate me from point A to point B works here in The Netherlands fantastic.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 05:22 PM
    Don't talk crap mate, BlackBerry maps are good, as I've been using the to travel all over. Obviously an iPhone user

Posted via BBPP
    04-22-15 05:25 PM
    Not at all true. I find BlackBerry Maps to be just fine. The turn-by-turn directions through Assistant have be spot on for me.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    Here here, nothing wrong with them

Posted via BBPP
    04-22-15 05:26 PM
    And?? If I wishes to run android I will buy an android phone, that is simple. I shouldn't have to slideload an apk to have a good maps. It doesn't changed the fact, this app is really bad. And I can't sideload app for security reason too, my work do not allow such thing.

I tried Google maps and it drain my battery too much to be used. I am travelling a lot and I am away almost from 8h to 19h. My battery do not last all day.

Posted via CB10
    you DON'T have to sideload... it's 2015, sideloading if from the stone age for god sake... Simply download your favourite android app directly from the Amazon appstore
    04-22-15 05:30 PM
    The one thing I don't like about blackberry maps is that it only tells when to turn when you're almost on top of the turn. It does give a warning first the turn is ahead but there may be a few streets in between before you get to it.
    Your probably driving too fast.....
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-22-15 05:44 PM
    I can confirm what that guy said. Navfree asked me to do illegal U-turns everywhere, sometimes in the middle of a busy highway.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Tab 4
    They all do that though. You have to always be smarter than the GPS. My Garmin used to try to get me to turn left into concrete meridians. I would just inform the nice automated lady that she should "recalculate" as she was obviously off her meds.

Posted via CB10
    1raygin likes this.
    04-22-15 05:54 PM
    They all do that though. You have to always be smarter than the GPS. My Garmin used to try to get me to turn left into concrete meridians. I would just inform the nice automated lady that she should "recalculate" as she was obviously off her meds.

Posted via CB10
    I use a professional Navigation system handheld on a commercial cellular communicator, phone, text, camera, nav, customer signature input screen, etc and it has numerous routing errors! I work for a major international corporation and my job is performing delivery's!! You can get caught in loops such as take exit, get back on, take exit, many roads the run under bridges the nav tells you to turn off on them but you have to go to next intersection and let nav catch up, then there are turns onto dirt roads twenty feet long to a dead end, it goes on and on!
    04-22-15 06:02 PM
    I'm surprised that after all these responses only one person has mentioned BeMaps? It uses Google Maps and is built for BB10 so best of both worlds? Seems like the easiest answer, am I missing something?
    BeMaps is missing turn by turn navigation. It hooks into BlackBerry maps for this which the OP stated does not work well for them.
    Barbareren likes this.
    04-22-15 06:10 PM
    I use Google Maps in the BB10 browser. I added a shortcut icon to the Home Screen so I can go directly to it.
    04-22-15 06:24 PM
    BB Maps is good if you know your destination - an address, name of a business, a defined location.

However, if you're searching for "ATM" or "Coffee" or "hardware store" it's an epic fail.
    04-22-15 06:57 PM
    It's far more accurate than Apple Maps was for me so I like it. 👍

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    04-22-15 07:04 PM
    1mobile market and download Google maps it works fine when BlackBerry maps acts up.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 07:05 PM
    I have had good success with mapquest

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 07:52 PM
    Just to add another vote. BeMaps Pro is a native Blackberry Application that uses Google maps. It does an incredible navigating job.

SQW-100-3 10.3.2.500 Allergy/Pulmonary
    thymaster likes this.
    04-22-15 08:10 PM
    BB Maps is good if you know your destination - an address, name of a business, a defined location.

However, if you're searching for "ATM" or "Coffee" or "hardware store" it's an epic fail.
    We must be using different BlackBerry Maps apps. I just did a search for both 'coffee shop ' and 'gas station' and it gave me a list of results close to my current location. All relevant results I might add.

The version of maps that comes with 10.3 is vastly improved over the the version in 10.2. You can now search for addresses even if they are not spelled perfectly. You can search for POI's and generic things like restaurants, etc.

If BlackBerry ever adds transit and walking directions then it will be a good native mapping option for most folks.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 08:35 PM
    I use BB maps quite often and it works great for me here in the states.
    thymaster likes this.
    04-22-15 11:22 PM
    I have never had a problem with the blackberry maps, if and when it struggles I'll pull out Google maps downloaded from the Google play store, no side loading needed. It's fairly simple to downloaded 3 things, I call lazy on your part just my 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    04-22-15 11:49 PM
    As I said many times opinions are divided, because in US and Canada the maps data are OK and functionality is mostly OK.
    Not in many other countries (as you can note OP is located in Warsaw, Poland) I can vouch, my experience is horrible too. "Error 2001, couldn't connect to server" is particularly anger inducing.

I am using Here maps in browser instead.

However, I would like ask a question : Is there a solution to replace BlackBerry Maps as default OS map? So when I touch location in calendar or 4 square, working map app is launched?

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    04-23-15 12:39 AM
    I loved the BlackBerry map on my curve. Sadly, the one on my Q10 is slowwwww. I may try google maps because I do use that function a lot.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 01:14 AM
    I have a Nissan car with GPS built in and they are using Here as their mapping provider. Here maps have brought me to wrong places 4 times where I had to use my Passport as a backup and it brought me right to where I wanted. And Blackberry maps have failed me once as well. I'm not saying Here map isn't any better then BlackBerry maps but it depends on the Map provider to keep their maps updated and precisely recorded constantly.

You can't bet your life on a single map system because it could take you to places or situation that you don't want to end up being in.

Nokia here is the best for me. I wish they developed it for BlackBerry...but it will never happens.
    Offline maps on here is really good.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9169048) and jdesignz like this.
    04-23-15 02:56 AM
    Maps works brilliantly for me. I love the uncluttered simplicity of the maps themselves, ideal for a quick glance to figure things out, no mess. Turn by Turn instructions are accurate and provide enough warning before making a turn or change. What it does better than my wife's recently purchased stand alone Garmin or her recently retired Tom Tom is avoidance instructions. Brilliant!

The only issues I've ever had with Maps has been 3rd party Android apps interfering with the GPS since the recent 10.3.1 updates. I'm looking at you, Poynt!
    Last edited by HelloNuman; 04-23-15 at 08:42 AM.
    thymaster likes this.
    04-23-15 06:50 AM
    I'll start with BlackBerry Maps. If there is an issue, I'll use WAZE - which has saved me a lot of time due to road construction, accidents, etc... As a last resort, I'll use Google Maps.
    thymaster and jdesignz like this.
    04-23-15 07:36 AM
    I'm in the U.S. on Verizon and I love BlackBery Maps. It works great and has never led me the wrong way.
    thymaster and miker476 like this.
    04-23-15 08:11 AM
169 12345 ...