I found the maps app to be pretty useless. it miss so much features. It is slow to load the map. I am traveling a lot, and for me it is totally unusable. I always have some problem when I use it.

I live in Warsaw since few years and there it is a total mess. It can't find my proper address ( I mean my numer is 61c but it localise me at the 44, I tried with a passport friend's too it is the same) and I am living in the center and it is a capital. I came back to my home town in Paris for a few days to visit my family, I had so much trouble to find some street I was looking for. I mean there is no POI ,even on the map there is no indication of subway. Gas station,etc.

In Warsaw for exemple, turn by turn is not working. I have to used my nexus 5 to have maps. From they 3 company's the app from blackberry is the worst. Google maps(android), WP8.1(here), map(ios 8). If you are by foot, this app is a nightmare.

For exemple, a main bridge is closed since a month. But it doesn't show up on blackberry map. On the other maps it shows of the bridge is not available. This app is totally unusable in my case. So I use now my nexus 5 or my lumia 930 just for map. I refuse to install android apps on my BlackBerry, I didn't buy it for this, I had too much drain issue at first and there is still problems. I tried apps from the BlackBerry store but almost all are ugly as hell or not really ergonomic.

I mean, it is a professional tool and I think a good application for this is needed. The app is still far from the others.

I wish her maps was in BlackBerry world.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 01:45 AM
    If Map app from your Android and Lumia works fine to you, what is your problem?

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.500 #NoGoingBack
    04-22-15 02:02 AM
    I use google maps which seem to work fine on passport, have you tried them?

Here are available in play store via SNAP but they dont work on the passport... ( opens but then seem to minimse itself )
    04-22-15 02:09 AM
    I use google maps which seem to work fine on passport, have you tried them?

Here are available in play store via SNAP but they dont work on the passport... ( opens but then seem to minimse itself )
    She don't like installing android apps on his BlackBerry because she didn't buy it for that lol

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.500 #NoGoingBack
    04-22-15 02:18 AM
    And?? If I wishes to run android I will buy an android phone, that is simple. I shouldn't have to slideload an apk to have a good maps. It doesn't changed the fact, this app is really bad. And I can't sideload app for security reason too, my work do not allow such thing.

I tried Google maps and it drain my battery too much to be used. I am travelling a lot and I am away almost from 8h to 19h. My battery do not last all day.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 02:39 AM
    I don't use blackberry maps...Google maps is much better...

Mia san mia!
    Barbareren likes this.
    04-22-15 02:45 AM
    Do you have battery drain too??

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 02:47 AM
    Can anyone one recommend a good Google Maps client, one which syncs to my online account (for pinned locations etc)?

BlackBerry Passport, UK
    04-22-15 03:40 AM
    No cell phone is ever as good as a portable GPS unit especially created for that purpose.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 04:36 AM
    BlackBerry Maps works great here in North America for me. It varies from place to place imo because I think Blackberry is using a third party GPS company to map out the streets and locations.

If BlackBerry maps isn't working out for you, there are so many GPS alternative. Just check out App World or one of the Android store. Why do you have to make life so difficult. Simple logic, if something isn't working for me, I move on and try something else instead of fretting about it.
    04-22-15 05:03 AM
    If the native app doesn't work and you don't want to download any android apps then I guess you could use the browser versions of Google or Here maps and pin it on your home screen.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 05:15 AM
    I live in The Netherlands and BlackBerry Maps works great, it simply does the job 'navigate me to my destination'.
    Nothing more and nothing less, maybe it has less bells and whistles.
    But simply navigate me from point A to point B works here in The Netherlands fantastic.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, thymaster and alan510 like this.
    04-22-15 05:24 AM
    in Indonesia, BB Maps is pretty ok.. yeah sometimes it lacks the detailed PoI compared to the GMaps or the HERE, but still it works..
    04-22-15 05:45 AM
    BlackBerry Maps is made by Tom Tom, if I remember correctly. Works great for getting me to point B from point A. It also has the nice feature of giving traffic along the route. It has some nice bells and whistles, but you have to go into settings to turn them on. I use it more often than my Tom Tom GPS.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-22-15 06:54 AM
    BlackBerry maps is awesome in Canada. Never had an issue, ever...unlike my iPhone that would route me all over the place.

Posted via CB10
    HabsFan9860 likes this.
    04-22-15 08:05 AM
    Try Mireo Don't panic. They have a free trial so you can make sure it works before you buy. The maps are stored on the phone, so you do not use data once you have downloaded the map for your region. The map download can be done on wifi.

Posted via CB10
    ZPingu likes this.
    04-22-15 08:07 AM
    Must be the city where the OP is located. BlackBerry Maps works fine here in Toronto. Points of interest are pretty decent and mapping on the whole is very accurate. While Google Maps may be more feature loaded, the native Maps app on the Passport is not bad.

-- Passport, VMO, Toronto CA
    04-22-15 08:13 AM
    I don't understand, I'm a truck driver so I travel a lot. Why not get a car or truck navigation.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 08:21 AM
    And?? If I wishes to run android I will buy an android phone, that is simple. I shouldn't have to slideload an apk to have a good maps. It doesn't changed the fact, this app is really bad. And I can't sideload app for security reason too, my work do not allow such thing.

I tried Google maps and it drain my battery too much to be used. I am travelling a lot and I am away almost from 8h to 19h. My battery do not last all day.

Posted via CB10

I completely understand your agony. Even I hate the idea of installing android apps on a Blackberry device. I found a work around for street and name issues...atleast it works fine for me.

I bought the BeMaps Pro which is made for BlackBerry and uses Google map. If i select a location and choose navigation, BeMaps app opens blackberry maps navigation and find path to the location which it chose. In simple words, BeMaps finds places which blackberry maps doesn't see and then Blackberry maps takes me to that place which for me it does perfectly!
    04-22-15 08:23 AM
    BlackBerry Maps is the only app I use for navigation. There isn't any app better than BlackBerry Maps in providing traffic avoidance routing. BlackBerry Maps is my most used app. I use it at least twice every working day. It opens fast and gives me the routing in no time. The app is indispensable for me.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    04-22-15 08:28 AM
    Thanks for all the answer. I will check here.com and googlemaps.com if it's working good into the browser. :/

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 08:32 AM
    Have you tried Waze? As others have noted, BlackBerry maps varies based upon where you are. In Canada, I find it's great, and pretty good in the U.S. When I went to Asia it was useless.

Waze, however, worked everywhere.
    TripNFry likes this.
    04-22-15 08:38 AM
    The best I have found is Navfree which is free. It has preloaded maps but if it can't be found you can download from the Web including Google and others. The best part is it uses very little data and is fairly easy on battery life. The voice navigation is good but not the best but it rarely fails me. If it cannot find an address no mapping app can. I travel everyday for work and I use it over the company has on my laptop

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-22-15 08:41 AM
    The one thing I don't like about blackberry maps is that it only tells when to turn when you're almost on top of the turn. It does give a warning first the turn is ahead but there may be a few streets in between before you get to it.
    04-22-15 08:43 AM
    I use BlackBerry maps when I travel and it works great on my Passport! Never had an issue. I have been very impressed with it.

I don't use it at home because my vehicles have built-in navigation and don't need it.

 Passport via CB10
    04-22-15 09:10 AM
169 123 ...