Hi all,
    I don't know if there is a fix for this, I know it was a common problem on older versions and devices. I also remember there was a way to delete the app (even though it is a core app) and reinstall it, I believe through a PC using BB World. I can't find that "fix". But I would like to hear if anyone else has a fix.

Thanks. GT
    07-24-15 05:07 PM
    What is the actual error/problem?

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    07-24-15 05:40 PM
    What is the actual error/problem?

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    Hi,
    It's error 1013, no GPS available or some such. Other mapping programs work i.e., Yelp, even an older version of Google Maps. But I got used to and like BB Maps. After entering destination, it says "getting route", circle spins for a bit, then error code.
    Thanks!
    07-24-15 06:29 PM
    Are you on AT&T?
    07-24-15 08:05 PM
    Are you on AT&T?
    No Sir,
    I read about the ATT problem, I don't know if that is still an issue. I think it may have been sorted out. I'm unlocked on T-Mobile. NO other issues with the device's GPS, which always works well here in S. Florida.

I guess the real question- is there ANY way to uninstall/ reinstall BB maps, short of a total wipe, as I believe it may be something like a corrupt file? It hasn't worked for my last three Blitz upgrades. Absolutely NO other issues with the device, it's been great! Very frustrating.
    07-24-15 09:33 PM
    If it is due to corrupted files, the best way is still to: back up, total wipe and clean install
    07-24-15 09:50 PM
    If it is due to corrupted files, the best way is still to: back up, total wipe and clean install
    islandp-
    I realize that is an option, but seriously, to get BB Maps back that is a major rather drastic "fix", just to get an app back, even if I REALLY like it-- at least for me.

Question: Does anyone know the name of the BB Map file in Sachesi? I'm thinking if I can delete it from there, I can just reinstall the app. A much more palatable solution!
    07-24-15 10:29 PM
    islandp-
    I realize that is an option, but seriously, to get BB Maps back that is a major rather drastic "fix", just to get an app back, even if I REALLY like it-- at least for me.

Question: Does anyone know the name of the BB Map file in Sachesi? I'm thinking if I can delete it from there, I can just reinstall the app. A much more palatable solution!
    You say it hasn't worked over the last 3 OS updates?

Has the GPS ever worked?

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    07-25-15 06:52 AM
    As much as it sucks to setup everything again on your phone, it is the reason I always use the auto loader method. From what I've seen here, is that it is the most reliable option of loading a leak. You generally see the people with issues loading stuff up via Blitz or in other ways
    07-25-15 07:50 AM
    As much as it sucks to setup everything again on your phone, it is the reason I always use the auto loader method. From what I've seen here, is that it is the most reliable option of loading a leak. You generally see the people with issues loading stuff up via Blitz or in other ways
    DarkJoker33,
    I realize the advantages of a total wipe and reinstall, not gonna happen for a single app issue on an otherwise perfect device. BB Maps was intermittent out of the box, I do not believe it's related to a Blitz upgrade. I don't need a dissertation on the advantages of a reinstall.
    The question was- does anyone remember the method to remove BB Maps, (a core app), from the device, as there used to be a way to do it. Barring that, does anyone know the name of the BB Map file so that I can remove it via Sachesi? I see a couple of cryptically named possibilities, but don't want to remove the wrong file.

shawnreum- as stated in post 3, every other app that is GPS related works perfectly.

Thanks!
    07-25-15 08:05 AM
    The question was- does anyone remember the method to remove BB Maps, (a core app), from the device, as there used to be a way to do it. Barring that, does anyone know the name of the BB Map file so that I can remove it via Sachesi? I see a couple of cryptically named possibilities, but don't want to remove the wrong file.
    On my phone, the app is com.tcs.maps v10.3.2.8. I have not attempted to remove it.
    Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2339
    07-25-15 08:18 AM
    Thank you, eywong!
    That was one of my two possible choices- I'll give it a go.
    07-25-15 09:01 AM
    I'm on ATT and do have that problem with them.
    The same circle thing occurred to me a couple of times.
    But that was because when I left the house or office, I did not switch from wifi to 4G. (embarrassing).
    07-25-15 10:02 PM
    You should try other map apps e.g. BeMaps Pro. If other apps are normally working, then the file must be corrupted. If they are not also working, then your own GPS hardware has problem.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 11:42 PM
    I looked up a little bit more info. for you.

Try clearing out the history of locations searched in Maps.
    Check out this link, the person was getting the same error code you were but they fixed it by clearing the history.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...ght/true#M2130

garpt likes this.
    07-26-15 07:41 AM
    That actually got rid of the GPS error, so thanks!
    Problem I still have is the voice guidance ends after it says "getting route"! It's too bad, because this app has come a long way since the early days, and would be my "go to" mapping/ navigation app if it worked consistently.
    07-29-15 08:40 PM
    You should try other map apps e.g. BeMaps Pro. If other apps are normally working, then the file must be corrupted. If they are not also working, then your own GPS hardware has problem.

Posted via CB10
    I have already figured out the file must be corrupted. That's why I have asked 3 times in this thread if anyone knows how to delete/ reinstall the app. It used to be possible, because I did it on my Z10. And I DO have BeMaps pro and Google maps- I like BB maps when it works!
    I appreciate your effort to help. But I really would like to see people with possible knowledge/ solutions read the thread. It's only one page.
    Last edited by garpt; 07-29-15 at 09:17 PM.
    07-29-15 09:00 PM
    I have already figured out the file must be corrupted.
    I am curious how you determined that.

That's why I have asked 3 times in this thread if anyone knows how to delete/ reinstall the app.
    Maybe ... simultaneously install the coreos and maps bars.
    Last edited by eywong; 07-30-15 at 08:49 AM.
    07-30-15 07:29 AM
    It's error 1013, no GPS available or some such. Other mapping programs work i.e., Yelp, even an older version of Google Maps. But I got used to and like BB Maps. After entering destination, it says "getting route", circle spins for a bit, then error code.
    BlackBerry Maps works OK on my Z10, but it seems sensitive to "poor" location data, more so than my other navigation apps.
    Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2339

Blackberry Maps- GPS error-img_20150730_061442_edit.png
    Last edited by eywong; 07-30-15 at 08:48 AM.
    07-30-15 08:27 AM
    Eywong,
    Determined since I had same issue with a previous Z10 and a delete/ reinstall fixed it.
    Also GPS hardware functions normally
    Yelp, Google Maps, and other location based apps work fine.
    What. Would Your conclusion be re: corrupted app?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 10:44 AM
    Determined since I had same issue with a previous Z10 and a delete/ reinstall fixed it.
    Also GPS hardware functions normally
    Yelp, Google Maps, and other location based apps work fine.
    What. Would Your conclusion be re: corrupted app?
    To be clear: I respect your conclusion. I apologize for any miscommunication.
    Have you found a way to delete/reinstall BlackBerry Maps?
    07-30-15 07:02 PM
    That actually got rid of the GPS error, so thanks!
    Problem I still have is the voice guidance ends after it says "getting route"! It's too bad, because this app has come a long way since the early days, and would be my "go to" mapping/ navigation app if it worked consistently.
    Make sure you have settings in Map to be voice guidance.

Also, I'm assuming that you speak English.
    Go into phone settings and make sure that BlackBerry assistance is set to speak English US.

And make sure the volume is up correctly.
    If I recall correctly, I had the same issue with the volume as you described. And it was because the route speaking words are actually part of music playback volume where as the Getting route was part of system volume.

See if those work.

07-31-15 05:11 AM
    To be clear: I respect your conclusion. I apologize for any miscommunication.
    Have you found a way to delete/reinstall BlackBerry Maps?
    Sadly, I haven't and was hoping for an answer here. I DO remember that with my Z10, there was actually a way to delete the app from "My World" in BB apps. It would send a link request to delete it back to the Z10. Then it could be reinstalled. That option does not appear to work any more, possibly a change with 10.3? Don't know. Very strange. Thanks for your input.
    07-31-15 05:33 PM
    Make sure you have settings in Map to be voice guidance.

Also, I'm assuming that you speak English.
    Go into phone settings and make sure that BlackBerry assistance is set to speak English US.

And make sure the volume is up correctly.
    If I recall correctly, I had the same issue with the volume as you described. And it was because the route speaking words are actually part of music playback volume where as the Getting route was part of system volume.

See if those work.

You made me think, interesting between the different voice apps. But I checked everything thrice, no change after "getting route" prompt. One interesting thing- When I switch navigation audio to "tone only", it DOES work (tones only) and gives the turn by turn tone prompts- weird.
    07-31-15 05:41 PM
    You made me think, interesting between the different voice apps. But I checked everything thrice, no change after "getting route" prompt. One interesting thing- When I switch navigation audio to "tone only", it DOES work (tones only) and gives the turn by turn tone prompts- weird.
    If that's the case, you are correct and there is something wrong with the software for the Maps app on your device.

That was all I had for troubleshooting or fixes.

Good luck with it.

garpt likes this.
    07-31-15 07:36 PM
26 12