C'mon... this is not a court room and the OP does not have to present the evidence. Apart from the lies issue the truth behind this is that the passport has been retired from the carriers retail stores without further notice... attached you will see part of the launch announcement in Colombia by the end of the last year.
    I went to launch event as I said a few posts above. The matter is that BlackBerry has removed all the exhibition, POP material, furniture and stock from all carriers.
    03-09-15 05:12 PM
    I went to launch event as I said a few posts above. The matter is that BlackBerry has removed all the exhibition, POP material, furniture and stock from all carriers.
    BlackBerry can't force the carriers to sell product they don't want to sell.
    03-09-15 05:26 PM
    Another point is that BlackBerry devices are always priced too high for these regions. At least in the Caribbean, you couldn't help but wince at the sight of a BlackBerry Q5 priced 5x higher than a 5" Blu boasting "all Google Play apps!"

Frankly BlackBerry doesn't stand a chance in this scenario. Not only are they inaccesibly expensive for most buyers in the regions, but they are also asking them to sacrifice compatibility with popular apps.

And no, most of these buyers have very little regard for "security" and aren't really bothered by the idea of getting things "free or cheap" in exchange for their information or ads.

When your average per capita annual income is less than $4000USD (El Salvador), suddenly seeing an ad instead of paying $1.99 for an app really starts to make more financial sense.

I would HOPE the vast majority of people in those regions NEVER spend their very limited resources on anything they don't need. An overpriced BlackBerry (offering no marginal benefit to them over a $99 Blu or Xiaomi) being one of those things.

So maybe someone at BlackBerry is finally in touch with reality and realize how dumb it was for them to even keep trying.

Posted via CB10
    Numero12 likes this.
    03-09-15 06:21 PM

I afraid to breakdown my phone because there is no place to send it for repairing
    I bought a couple of screw drivers and tools to fix the BlackBerries myself. There are scavenged parts sold locally or buying from Amazon or Ebay or places like Truesupplier. Parts are not taxed or small amount only.

It's fun and it's slowly becoming a hobby. But I just replace but not actually fix the broken parts.

Posted from my Passport
    BRS64 likes this.
    03-09-15 07:16 PM
    When your average per capita annual income is less than $4000USD (El Salvador), suddenly seeing an ad instead of paying $1.99 for an app really starts to make more financial sense.
    Well, that's not the colombian case were people loves smartphones and has payment capacity. By the way You can see iPhones and Galaxy S5 and another brands everywhere You go.

Colombia was one of the strongest places for BlackBerry in the Americas. Now that's part of the recent past. Apple and Samsung has the 80% of the smartphone market.

BlackBerry Z30 - OS 10.3.1.2267
    03-10-15 05:22 AM
    I was in Colombia in December 2014 and I saw only 1 person using a Z10 and a few older BBOS 7 devices. The rest were all either iPhone's or Samsung.

I had my BlackBerry Passport with me and whoever saw it was shocked by it and would ask me where I got this from and BlackBerry still makes phones? They all thought BlackBerry was dead.

Posted via CB10
    Numero12 likes this.
    03-10-15 08:59 AM
    OP, if possible buy direct and unlocked. Carriers in Colombia are not precisely customer driven and their announcements have to be seen as "intentions" rather than future plans. (like many things there).

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    03-10-15 10:35 AM
    I was in Colombia in December 2014 and I saw only 1 person using a Z10 and a few older BBOS 7 devices. The rest were all either iPhone's or Samsung.

I had my BlackBerry Passport with me and whoever saw it was shocked by it and would ask me where I got this from and BlackBerry still makes phones? They all thought BlackBerry was dead.
    That's right! But all because bad marketing strategy and promotion. We all know that old discussion...

It's sad but it's the reality

03-10-15 11:02 AM
    I'm a little surprise current BlackBerry models are still readily available in retail environments in Canada. They're probably just riding out agreements.

I understand why carriers stock them...for their business customers.
    03-10-15 11:12 AM
    I'm a little surprise current BlackBerry models are still readily available in retail environments in Canada. They're probably just riding out agreements.

I understand why carriers stock them...for their business customers.
    BlackBerry still sells fairly well in Southern Ontario and Vancouver.
    03-11-15 12:50 AM
    BlackBerry can't force the carriers to sell product they don't want to sell.
    +This
    03-11-15 07:43 AM
    In India, there's no BlackBerry unit on display..Oh yes.. there are.. but those are dummy units.. lol
    03-11-15 07:54 AM
    I'll answer by a question...
    What will BlackBerry gain from lying?

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2267
    03-11-15 07:58 AM
    In India, there's no BlackBerry unit on display..Oh yes.. there are.. but those are dummy units.. lol
    I think the "developing markets" that were so instrumental in the growth of BlackBerry years ago, have develop a taste for more "consumer" friendly devices.
    03-11-15 08:27 AM
    I think the "developing markets" that were so instrumental in the growth of BlackBerry years ago, have develop a taste for more "consumer" friendly devices.
    Even the "developed" markets" which were so instrumental in the growth of BlackBerry years ago, have developed a taste for more "consumer" friendly devices!!

Irrespective of developing or developed market, BlackBerry really need to get their act together.
    03-11-15 08:34 AM
    It's official, right now I'm at the biggest carrier's store and they just told Me: "We are selling a few BlackBerry Bold stock and We'll not bring BB anymore"....

=(

03-11-15 12:23 PM
    It's official, right now I'm at the biggest carrier's store and they just told Me: "We are selling a few BlackBerry Bold stock and We'll not bring BB anymore"....

=(
    At least they're being honest with you.
    Numero12 likes this.
    03-11-15 12:30 PM
    Yes BlackBerry lied or misleaded potential buyers in Colombia. A market dominated by BlackBerry not long ago.

Probably a very small market for them. Just closed 2014 with 53 million mobile lines. :-)

They had a magazine ad late in December or late November 2014 telling that Passport was coming soon. The magazine is called "Dinero" the largest business magazine.

That was the last time I saw a BlackBerry ad.

As the OP suggested, Blackberry abandoned a country that used to own. Or the carriers abandoned it.

In addition some major carriers still don't push 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    Numero12 likes this.
    05-20-15 06:43 AM
    Attachment 340006

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    Where is this displayed? What mall/store?
    05-20-15 10:33 AM
    I know it's generally about BlackBerry and carrier sales contracts but iI blame the carriers for dropping the devices. The same happened with Rogers wireless with the Z30 until people complained and they were forced to carry the device! This is what it has come to!

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2708 Rogers Wireless
    05-20-15 10:56 AM
    Blackberry? Lie?!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 11:54 AM
46 12