Since last months of 2014 something is happening with BlackBerry showrooms inside the big carriers in my country (Colombia). This was an special place for BlackBerry and the brand always had an strong presence and market niche...

But now there is no exhibition on stores and carriers...
    Nobody has an answer... Nobody says nothing!
    On past October I went to buy a pair or BB Passports and it wasn't possible.

Today, march 9th, I went again to the three biggest carriers and the answer was "we are not going to sell BlackBerry anymore"...

�So? Please BlackBerry stop lying to us, your loyal and all time customers!

BlackBerry Z30 - OS 10.3.1.2267
    BRS64 likes this.
    03-09-15 01:05 PM
    What are they lying about??

BlackBerry has made it pretty clear their niche is enterprise.
    03-09-15 01:08 PM
    What are they lying about??

BlackBerry has made it pretty clear their niche is enterprise.
    Late on 2014 BlackBerry said that there will be devices available early 2015...

03-09-15 01:09 PM
    Is BlackBerry lying in some countries?-1424141032758.jpg

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-09-15 01:13 PM
    Since last months of 2014 something is happening with BlackBerry showrooms inside the big carriers in my country (Colombia). This was an special place for BlackBerry and the brand always had an strong presence and market niche...

But now there is no exhibition on stores and carriers...
    Nobody has an answer... Nobody says nothing!
    On past October I went to buy a pair or BB Passports and it wasn't possible.

Today, march 9th, I went again to the three biggest carriers and the answer was "we are not going to sell BlackBerry anymore"...

�So? Please BlackBerry stop lying to us, your loyal and all time customers!

LOL , here in the USA, it basically isn't even on display and is only carried by 1 out of the 4 major carriers. Why not just order from Blackberry directly?
    03-09-15 01:18 PM
    LOL , here in the USA, it basically isn't even on display and is only carried by 1 out of the 4 major carriers. Why not just order from Blackberry directly?
    I just ordered from eBay!
    But You must understand that clients get afraid because customer service...

Also not all the potential customers are fanatics, so if they don't find a BlackBerry they just go away to Apple or Samsung.

03-09-15 01:41 PM
    I agree. It is same in Turkey. We can't buy it from carriers. I bought it from Turkish online shopping website and it is only the one. There is not any reliable source to you can buy here. If you ask why i did not bought it from Amazon or Blackberry, because we can't buy directly from foreign countries due to Turkish duty and tax laws.

I afraid to breakdown my phone because there is no place to send it for repairing
    Numero12 likes this.
    03-09-15 01:43 PM
    I just ordered from eBay!
    But You must understand that clients get afraid because customer service...

Also not all the potential customers are fanatics, so if they don't find a BlackBerry they just go away to Apple or Samsung.

That's why you don't order from eBay, you buy it direct from Blackberry itself....
    03-09-15 01:44 PM
    I agree. It is same in Turkey. We can't buy it from carriers. I bought it from Turkish online shopping website and it is only the one. There is not any reliable source to you can buy here. If you ask why i did not bought it from Amazon or Blackberry, because we can't buy directly from foreign countries due to Turkish duty and tax laws.

I afraid to breakdown my phone because there is no place to send it for repairing
    BB10 devices are awesome! I don't understand why BlackBerry can just attack two markets: corporate and people?! COME ON John Chen!

03-09-15 01:50 PM
    The announcement from vodafone to carry it for business only paints the picture.... we will have no retai presence going forward since it is Not the focus anymore.

All we will have left are online shops....

Does anyone of you remember the South Park episode when Cartman buys the fun fair?

He didn't let anyone in except of a few to pay for maintenance. As soon as he started doing that, everyone wanted in and it became the Best practise for other places...

BlackBerry wants to become a Status symbol once again and it certainly feels this way when you are the only one, wherever you go...

Most of the business is focusing on SW and there will be plenty of Enterprise customers and fans to sell 10 million devices a year....

Chen doesn't need more. He would like to sell more but the Battle is lost.

How many of you used to have a Nokia, Ericsson or Alcatel phone?

Alcatel is still around in some niches, the others aren't....

The same already happened to BlackBerry.... Now we finally see it with our own eyes regarding availability.

Just like Notebooks and PCS are mainly sold online, same are phones. The selection in retail outlets is just making me cry...

Posted via CB10
    Numero12 likes this.
    03-09-15 01:54 PM
    Did BlackBerry specifically said that the Passport will be available in Colombia at the beginning of 2015 through one or more carriers? What exactly is the statement from BlackBerry that you qualify as a lie?
    03-09-15 01:59 PM
    Haa Haa, business lesson from South park.
    The announcement from vodafone to carry it for business only paints the picture.... we will have no retai presence going forward since it is Not the focus anymore.

All we will have left are online shops....

Does anyone of you remember the South Park episode when Cartman buys the fun fair?

He didn't let anyone in except of a few to pay for maintenance. As soon as he started doing that, everyone wanted in and it became the Best practise for other places...

BlackBerry wants to become a Status symbol once again and it certainly feels this way when you are the only one, wherever you go...

Most of the business is focusing on SW and there will be plenty of Enterprise customers and fans to sell 10 million devices a year....

Chen doesn't need more. He would like to sell more but the Battle is lost.

How many of you used to have a Nokia, Ericsson or Alcatel phone?

Alcatel is still around in some niches, the others aren't....

The same already happened to BlackBerry.... Now we finally see it with our own eyes regarding availability.

Just like Notebooks and PCS are mainly sold online, same are phones. The selection in retail outlets is just making me cry...

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    03-09-15 02:00 PM
    Thanks for time and answer Warlack.
    It's a shame, because everybody when sees my Z3O they go "Wowwww! That's a BlackBerry?! I didn't know it's amazing"...

Battle could be lost, but not the War!

03-09-15 02:06 PM
    Did BlackBerry specifically said that the Passport will be available in Colombia at the beginning of 2015 through one or more carriers? What exactly is the statement from BlackBerry that you qualify as a lie?
    I went to a launch event as You can see on attached picture. That day BlackBerry executives said that Passport will be available on all carriers early 2015...

Is BlackBerry lying in some countries?-img_20141125_074333.jpg

03-09-15 02:09 PM
    You do realize Q1 2015 is not over yet
    Also, your picture tells us nothing, there is no proof
    03-09-15 02:21 PM
    I went to a launch event as You can see on attached picture. That day BlackBerry executives said that Passport will be available on all carriers early 2015...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141125_074333.jpg 
Views:	867 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	340010

That probably was their intent. And there may have been agreements. But they can't force the carriers not to change their minds, except possibly through a legal battle. And that would kill any future possibilities.
    Numero12 likes this.
    03-09-15 02:21 PM
    Yea, just got back from my last visit and attempt to get a look at a Passport in the US at AT&T. Not there and nor is the Classic. When I asked the AT&T rep he indicated yea they were supposed to get them in the past week but the day they were supposed to come in they got an email saying no, they are not coming. Just online.

So, yes indeed, I think the LEAP in UK announcement for biz only and what we are seeing in multiple countries in terms of display and availability, consumer devices is over. Kind of a sad day for me really. Between phone availability and the "eco-system" of apps and such it is getting to hard to be a BB customer. I think getting them online is fine as many folks recommend but it really is a death nail in terms of ongoing support in any numbers to improve things. Really a bummer I think.
    Numero12 likes this.
    03-09-15 03:02 PM
    Available through all carriers (for businesses)

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 03:04 PM
    OP,

Seriously? You don't think calling someone a liar is a bit much? That's pretty insulting.

No case here.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 03:09 PM
    Available through all carriers (for businesses)

Posted via CB10
    Just like they are available for all carriers when ordering direct through Blackberry lol!
    03-09-15 03:42 PM
    Haa Haa, business lesson from South park.
    LMAO

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 03:51 PM
    The carriers don't have BlackBerry phone because they are afraid BlackBerry wont sell. That has nothing to do with BlackBerry.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport - 10.3.1.2243
    03-09-15 04:02 PM
    My question is how many businesses are still buying new devices for their employees? Devices the employees aren't even familiar with because they probably don't even know exist, and thus will require significant training expense or loss of productivity due to a learning curve.

You would have to be an insane head of IT to deploy BlackBerry devices unless you absolutely wanted your employees to hate you, or needed security (by obscurity, and because employees will likely leave their weird devices at home when going out).

For what it's worth, I don't think it's a strategy they picked by choice. I think they just can't afford (monetarily and risk-wise) to commit to and fulfill customer carrier channels.

They're also probably weary of being embarrassed by having products sit on shelves, and the resulting anecdotal stories of their failure being told by every retail employee that sees the sad, un-charged demo units hidden within a shelf of low-end androids, and yellow "SALE" stickers.

Posted via CB10
    edwinsberry and Numero12 like this.
    03-09-15 04:05 PM
    C'mon... this is not a court room and the OP does not have to present the evidence. Apart from the lies issue the truth behind this is that the passport has been retired from the carriers retail stores without further notice... attached you will see part of the launch announcement in Colombia by the end of the last year.
    Is BlackBerry lying in some countries?-img_20150309_162031.png

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 04:31 PM
    The same issue in Peru, the only Blackberry they sell in one of the mayor cel. operators is the Q5.

If I wait for the Passport arrival... I found dead before.
    They're only interested to sell Androids & Iphones, for them Blackberry are dead.
    edwinsberry likes this.
    03-09-15 04:47 PM
46 12