Yup, its just a sticker, surprisingly, but its off, at least the bottom D is, picked it up off the table this morning, and felt something not flat on the back, it was the BlackBerry Logo peeling away
    At some point during the day it fell off, I haven't even had it for 3 weeks yet, will contact BlackBerry about this
    Kind of embarrassing taking it out in public without a case now, I love BlackBerry, used the Q10 for over a year, no issues with the logo
    But why would they use stickers for the BlackBerry logo on such a premium phone, quite disappointed
    Has anyone else had this happen to them yet?
    Same thing happened to mine. I emailed Amazon for a replacement back case and they sent me a new device LOL!
    08-02-15 03:42 AM
    where did you buy the logo and how did you glue it?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 03:33 PM
    Never happened with ANY of my devices... My 9780 and 9900 are still 7 bullets strong even after heavy use and many years kept clinging to legacy BBOS... Bullets shine almost as radiantly today as they did at purchase some 4 and 6years (respectably) ago...
    Attachment 357110
    Attachment 357111

Posted via CB10
    I had those units. Those along with the z10 & z30 have a different placement and design when it comes to the logo. The Passport has recessed divots for the logo bullets to sit in / glued in. The older units have the logo cut through and through on the battery door. A single piece of logo is snapped and glued into place. This is done from the back of the battery door. They finish the logo by covering the back with a black adhesive tape. They do not have 7 loose bullet pieces like the Passport.

By doing it this way it is impossible for the logo to come loose and fall out. I'll try to post some pics of my z10 battery door so it can better detail what I'm trying to describe.

Overall, quality should improve over time but in this instance that does seem to be the case. Very unfortunate...
    08-03-15 07:18 PM
    They don't fell off but.. First thoughts were 'oh sh...'

But I really love that used style now!

I am wondering when my silver edition is coming what Passport I will use.

At the mo I prefer my Passport used edition. We'll see..
    BlackBerry Logo already coming off?-img_20150805_175701.jpg

..the Passport is more BlackBerry than ever!
    08-05-15 11:24 AM
    QC...BlackBerry has not learned that...

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 12:08 PM
    It's be cheaper to just print the bullets onto the back. Why half-*** it?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 01:48 PM
    Palm had the same problem on their Pres and Pixies. It baffles me how they cant pick up the right type of adhesive
    08-05-15 02:04 PM
    Palm had the same problem on their Pres and Pixies. It baffles me how they cant pick up the right type of adhesive
    It's so cheesy that the logo is just glued on in the first place. BlackBerry should do what apple is doing with the logo, a one piece logo that is punched through the back casing. Either go all the way or just print a low-cost logo (like what ATT or Verizon do).

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 03:46 PM
    It's so cheesy that the logo is just glued on in the first place. BlackBerry should do what apple is doing with the logo, a one piece logo that is punched through the back casing. Either go all the way or just print a low-cost logo (like what ATT or Verizon do).

Posted via CB10
    Even better, extrude it from the case.
    08-05-15 04:46 PM
    I had my Passport for less than a month only and one of the decals is peeling off. I find the reason to be because I use the unit without a case and place it in the back or front pockets of my pants which bends the unit somehow when I sit or move around. When you take your phone out of the pocket while sitting for example, the unit bends a little. Since the logo is metal, it does not flex like the plastic back cover and therefore would lift up/protrude then scrape the walls of the pocket, which eventually peels it off. No amount of adhesive will keep this metal sheet in place if the phone is flexed (its thick). Maybe if they used aluminum foil instead, that might flex with the back cover haha

So I guess the Passport is intended to be slipped into a shirt or a coat pocket but not denims. If anybody is unsettled that their BB Passport logos are incomplete or might go missing, just buy or use a phone casing and this unsightly issue wont be noticable anymore!

Allen
    01-19-16 07:14 AM
    I've had no such problems with my passport.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-19-16 08:56 AM
    Haha my one came off after I bought the phone for less than 2 months....such garbage...

Mia San Mia!
    01-20-16 09:25 AM
    all the BB's ive had and never had this issue.

you all are rough on your phones and keep them in your pockets to long and the moisture im sure does not help.

oh well
    01-20-16 09:44 AM
    How does this happen? Heat?

My first Passport was 6 months old before the glass cracked after a fall, and my second is also 6 months old. Does this happen after or before?

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    01-21-16 11:21 AM
    So I bought my pp second hand with one piece off, so I took everything of. Looking okay. Still great device!
    BlackBerry Logo already coming off?-imag0328.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 03:16 AM
    I sold my original and bought a Silver Edition.

The original was like your picture, I bought the hard shell, it adds comfort to the device and the logo re appears so I suggest you buy it.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 06:20 AM
    This happens because BlackBerry wants your phone to get stolen so they can sell you another phone.

Let me explain.

The BlackBerry logo acts as a security shield for your phone. If a thief sees the BlackBerry symbol he will skip over your phone and steal an iPhone.

So BlackBerry designed their logo to come off to make it a better target in hopes that the thief will think it's some other phone.

That's why BlackBerry won't give away free stickers like Apple. They won't even sell them. They want to make sure you can't show you own a BlackBerry because that BlackBerry sticker is the best security system that's ever been invented.

Wish they made stickers so I could put one on the back of my wife's Note 5.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2813 / T-Mobile
    01-23-16 07:40 AM
    Noticed everyone with this issue seems for have the black passport (which has a different finish to the red and white version). Perhaps the red and white surface choice is better for adherence.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-27-16 01:10 AM
    Few logos on my black Passport also fell off, too. I replaced the device with SE at the end. BlackBerry support was basically useless.

Posted via CB10 from Passport SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    01-27-16 03:24 AM
    just paint it in if it rubs comes off

You can do it with a nice silver (or whatever colour) model paint

If mine comes off I will paint it gold or red
    01-27-16 07:39 PM
270 ... 91011