I feel really badly for people coming here for help with any issue with their phone because apparently they are all liars.

Demand pics or you're a liar! Post pics and you're still a liar and did it to your own phone for...what exactly? Who spends $700 for a phone to deliberately vandalize it to get those CB people Or get attention, apparently?

It's embarrassing.
    A very true post.

Not sure what's going on with CB lately, but some people have crawled out from under their rocks only to belittle, question and attack people. Truly pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 11:23 PM
    It's really unfortunate the return/RMA process is so complicated. Admittedly, I only ever had to deal with doing a return with a BB phone once (which was a 9000 through Rogers and Rogers sent me a brand new one). Every other time I did a return with a BB phone was during the first 14 days and I did a full return through the carrier and would repurchase the phone so I wouldn't get a refurbished one. I returned two Z10's and a couple of Z30's that way.

It also makes me appreciate the service I got through Google with the Nexus phones. I've RMA'd two Nexus 4's and three Nexus 5's and they sent me brand new units each time. Of course one could argue if the phones were built better you wouldn't have issues and you wouldn't need to to RMA in the first place but a zero headache return/RMA policy definitely helps. I know that if I end up buying another Nexus device, I'd buy through Google before buying through a retailer or carrier.

Hopefully this experience, while unfortunate for those going through it now, is a catalyst for some service policy changes as it is clear some improvements are needed.
    It depends on the retailer you deal with. My second replacement is coming from Amazon overnight, and they are so kind as to even cross-ship, even though the issues are relatively minor. Here's to hoping that the expression "third time's the charm" really is true.
    11-03-14 11:30 PM
    It depends on the retailer you deal with. My second replacement is coming from Amazon overnight, and they are so kind as to even cross-ship, even though the issues are relatively minor. Here's to hoping that the expression "third time's the charm" really is true.
    That's absolutely true. For those who bought from Amazon, there are no concerns.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-04-14 01:06 AM
    Anybody see that "extreme drop test" on another site? Wow, did they put it through the ringer! Had to use a hammer to finally get the device to stop working. There's a video.

The reason I mention it is that the BlackBerry logo on the back remained intact throughout the entire test. Just saying. Doesn't mean there aren't a few with some issues. There may be and we'll hear about every one I'm sure. But generally this is one well built machine. It took a lot to smash up this beauty of a device.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 01:19 AM
    Are you waiting on the same call? lol
    Something like it. I honestly didn't have time to sit on hold during EST working hours. I'm in and out of meetings all the time. I got BlackBerry support reps to follow up on my behalf and the response was that they can't do anything. Before I got to needing to talk to the management at DR HQ, I got offered the ability to buy another device at the original price I paid. Since I have a primary device and the one from Shop BlackBerry was secondary, I could live with them honoring the pricing for a reorder. I'll see how long it takes for stock to show up, and if it's too long I'll have to push things to DR HQ.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe I misunderstand something here, or I like my lawyer too much so I want him to work more...

But why not sue BlackBerry at that point?
    There is a manufacturer's warranty, they give out with every single phone they sell.
    And they don't appear to honour their own manufacturer's warranty at all, and always try to send you to the store where you bought it from.

As far as I know (local law differences obviously not included), I have no obligation to go through the PoS, when I want the manufacturer to honour its own warranty.
    But BlackBerry isn't doing that at all.

I personally see a reason to sue here (if someone has the funds, nerves and time ofc).

Usually, that's the kind of stuff, be it the publicity or future legal ramifications, which makes corporations move their ***.

Posted via CB10
    anon(870071) likes this.
    11-04-14 02:13 AM
    Yes, I have to agree that amazon is pretty good (I buy a lot of stuff from amazon) and I have a passport loaded in my cart for when I decide to buy it again. The only downside is if you need to return your device in say a couple of months. At that point you will have to deal with BlackBerry, no? I would assume anything after 30 days amazon won't accept a return (though I would need to double check their return policy to know for sure).

If so, then amazon is still the best choice for buying as you get piece of mind for the first return window but after the return window it will be with BlackBerry. I know I had great service with them for one of my PlayBooks (shipped me a new one when I had an issue) but it is a shame that the service is hit and miss.
    11-04-14 06:23 AM
    Yes, I have to agree that amazon is pretty good (I buy a lot of stuff from amazon) and I have a passport loaded in my cart for when I decide to buy it again. The only downside is if you need to return your device in say a couple of months. At that point you will have to deal with BlackBerry, no? I would assume anything after 30 days amazon won't accept a return (though I would need to double check their return policy to know for sure).

If so, then amazon is still the best choice for buying as you get piece of mind for the first return window but after the return window it will be with BlackBerry. I know I had great service with them for one of my PlayBooks (shipped me a new one when I had an issue) but it is a shame that the service is hit and miss.
    This is exactly why I'm concerned, not for myself in particular, but for users in general. It's great (especially for the US) that BlackBerry has moved to selling phones directly, but their warranty support hasn't caught up to this change and there is a clear gap. At least we actually now have a number we can call, instead of one that asks for your enterprise account.

As for suing to enforce a contract, it makes sense legally, but not practically, because of legal costs and time delay. Even if this was big enough and Tony Merchant smelt blood in the water, it would still not provide the immediate relief that a user may need.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-04-14 07:05 AM
    As for suing to enforce a contract, it makes sense legally, but not practically, because of legal costs and time delay. Even if this was big enough and Tony Merchant smelt blood in the water, it would still not provide the immediate relief that a user may need.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    I totally agree with you there, but at least for me, I wouldn't do it for my immediate resolution.
    I would do it to "send a sign". That enough, is enough.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 07:38 AM
    The BlackBerry logo on the Passport should have been incorporated into the back cover like on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    robert_in_la likes this.
    11-04-14 08:49 AM
    I decided to put a piece of plastic between the logo and my Flip Case (so the adhesive doesn't connect with the logo. That should avoid any issues for me.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    11-30-14 01:37 PM
  11. fridaybeatsmondayanygivensunday's Avatar
    Unfortunate, get the hardshell case and take one of the semi circles from it, lol

Or just rock the hard shell case.

But yeah, see what BlackBerry will do, their technical service is treating me well!

Posted via CB10
    My passport has a hard shell with the same missing sticker place as his. So I guess either with a phone or hard case, that bottom sticker is gonna fall off sometime. Lol
    BlackBerry Logo already coming off?-img_20141201_063130.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 04:31 PM
    What a piece of s**t this hard shell case is.
    All my silver has come out of the logo on case. Not one by one but all in one shot. They just started falling off.

On a side note, it doesn't look all that bad. Logo on case slighted indented all black is looking better and better as I look at it more.

But I'm still going to call the carrier and BlackBerry about this.

Attachment 319571
    Last edited by byex; 12-08-14 at 11:47 PM.
    12-08-14 05:47 PM
    BlackBerry Logo already coming off?-img_20141219_220740.jpg

This just happened to my Passport today. I am so very sad and disappointed. I'm at a loss of words. I was shocked when I saw there was already a thread going for this issue.
    12-19-14 09:45 PM
    Oh man.. in the other thread, the screen is almost coming off.. now this? How do they quality check the devices?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...itting-970397/
    Stuff like this is bound to happen, perhaps one took less clue? Maybe the pp is constantly placed on a warm surface where the emblem weakens and peels off?

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    12-19-14 10:23 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141219_220740.jpg 
Views:	1136 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	321953

This just happened to my Passport today. I am so very sad and disappointed. I'm at a loss of words. I was shocked when I saw there was already a thread going for this issue.
    Sad! Really!

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 11:25 PM
    What a piece of s**t this hard shell case is.
    All my silver has come out of the logo on case. Not one by one but all in one shot. They just started falling off.

On a side note, it doesn't look all that bad. Logo on case slighted indented all black is looking better and better as I look at it more.

But I'm still going to call the carrier and BlackBerry about this.

Attachment 319571
    I would be frustrated too on the situation, perhaps they can take a look into it to prevent this from happening.

I was thinking about the all black look as well, it may very well look better in a way, u clean all the dry clue out? Take a pic?

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    12-20-14 07:08 AM
    The same happens to me in my old htc one max, the htc logo lose some of the letters, and I can swear you that is a really premium devices...but...sometimes this things happens...about a little mistake on production...not enough glue in the machine on that moment...bad temperature after the making..a lot of factors..
    It's not really a bad manufacturing quality, it just happens sometimes...to some devices.
    G.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 07:43 AM
    All of mine came off... lol i don't even know where they went.
    but its black now on the back of my passport.
    06-11-15 12:47 PM
    One of the pips fell off the back of one of my Passports and also off two of the hard shell cases.

Ha'porth of tar issue again.

Cheers,

Chris.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 01:11 PM
    Happened to my BlackBerry Curve's all the time!

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 03:40 PM
    BlackBerry Logo already coming off?-img_20150609_205209.jpg

Noticed this on Tuesday

From my Jamaican Passport.
    06-11-15 04:42 PM
    Use a case and it won't happen.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 05:38 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150609_205209.jpg 
Views:	1934 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	357093

Noticed this on Tuesday

That is sad... I have never had one of my BlackBerrys lose a bullet, let alone two... I mourn for you in your time of loss... My condolences...

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 06:02 PM
    Happened to my BlackBerry Curve's all the time!

Posted via CB10
    Never happened with ANY of my devices... My 9780 and 9900 are still 7 bullets strong even after heavy use and many years kept clinging to legacy BBOS... Bullets shine almost as radiantly today as they did at purchase some 4 and 6years (respectably) ago...
    BlackBerry Logo already coming off?-img_20150611_185530.jpg
    BlackBerry Logo already coming off?-img_20150611_185517_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 06:06 PM
    Use a case and it won't happen.

Posted via CB10
    Not a solution. I don't like cases on my phone. I really thought it was apart of the steel frame

06-11-15 06:11 PM
270 ... 7891011