Call the technical number again, talk with a rep, and explain that you have hardware issues and you bought it direct from shopblackberry, at this point if they try and connect you with DR, ask them to issue a ticket and an RMA, if they say they can't, ask to speak to the manager there, not at DR, hopefully they can issue an RMA and replace your device without to much trouble, if they say they don't handle these things, direct them to this thread and prove to them that they can
    Uzi and donmateo like this.
    10-29-14 10:29 PM
    Call the technical number again, talk with a rep, and explain that you have hardware issues and you bought it direct from shopblackberry, at this point if they try and connect you with DR, ask them to issue a ticket and an RMA, if they say they can't, ask to speak to the manager there, not at DR, hopefully they can issue an RMA and replace your device without to much trouble, if they say they don't handle these things, direct them to this thread and prove to them that they can
    Good suggestion!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-29-14 10:34 PM
    Attachment 309979

Posted via CB10
    Wow. Not good for such a new device.

Posted using my Asus Transformer TF700T via the CrackBerry App
    10-29-14 10:40 PM
    Thanks, will see what happens tomorrow!
    10-29-14 10:41 PM
    It seems to me that most of these quality issues may be the result of the occasional defective unit but also how the phone is carried around. We know the phone is geared towards business users and those who wear suits, wonder if having it in the pants pocket causes undue stress with the constant shifting of the phone resulting in these issues.

I have up till now avoided putting mine in my pants pocket as much as possible but makes carrying the phone a bit cumbersome since I always have it hand.

Maybe with the hard shell case it won't be as much of an issue in the pants pocket.

Posted via CB10
    "You're Putting It Away Wrong?"

Posted from my PeePee!
    10-30-14 02:02 AM
    Damn. I haven't had this happen to me since I had one of those pieces come off the back of my Curve 8900.. just like that, it came unglued.

I can't believe that from then until now, this issue still exists.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 02:26 AM
    I sincerely hope that these "tapegate" issues are the result of the factory utilizing the wrong adhesive tape, or too little of it, while BB specified a stronger adhesive tape, or more. I would be upset to find out that BB deliberately chose inferior materials in a flagship device. Of course, if this is a "booboo" then the best recourse is to be proactive, and replace or find a solution for the people affected. Apple did not suffer any long term effects from "antenna gate"
    10-30-14 03:19 AM
    [WARN]
    KEEP IT ON TOPIC, PLEASE.

Got information related or helpful to the OP?, Share it, by all means.
    Stop attacking each other here in particular and the CB community in general.
    [/WARN]
    10-30-14 06:48 AM
    You got a knock off

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 07:32 AM
    You got a knock off

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha. BlackBerry is short on stock so they reached out to the Chinese knock-off manufacturers for assistance.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 09:07 AM
    #YOLO #SWAG...
    #SquircleForever

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 12:58 PM
    Damn. I haven't had this happen to me since I had one of those pieces come off the back of my Curve 8900.. just like that, it came unglued.

I can't believe that from then until now, this issue still exists.

Posted via CB10
    I can't believe that their logo is just stuck onto the back like some cheap afterthought. A logo-badge represents a lot for a company, and it should have thought and effort put into how it is displayed (the metaphor is that BlackBerry as a whole is halfassing everything and is ready to fall apart...like the logo-badge on the back of their phones). This is something that Apple really gets right.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 01:00 PM
    I don't even know where this BlackBerry vs. iPhone thing started lol
    And neither do I know why or care for some people questioning the motives of this thread
    Because you can't have a thread at CB about a problem with a BB without the OP being called a liar. It's unfortunate.

I really hope the people having problems keeps the fire to the feet of DR and BB and keeps us updated.
    10-30-14 01:41 PM
    Because you can't have a thread at CB about a problem with a BB without the OP being called a liar. It's unfortunate.

I really hope the people having problems keeps the fire to the feet of DR and BB and keeps us updated.
    Without picture proof, why should people blindly believe? Faith? This is the internet, bud.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 01:53 PM
    Yup and if the person having the problem isn't a liar then the phone is a one off dud and BlackBerry is still perfect. Completely different standards than if any other platform have a small problem.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Last edited by crazigee; 10-30-14 at 02:22 PM.
    dejanh and MarsupilamiX like this.
    10-30-14 01:55 PM
    Are they scratch and sniff stickers?
    barryb20 likes this.
    10-30-14 02:04 PM
    Update, FedEx tried delivering replacement device today, but wasn't home, have to wait until Monday now, also this shipped from cambridge, near BlackBerry headquarters, instead of the US warehouse when I first ordered from shopblackberry

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 04:18 PM
    Got the replacement passport
    Attachment 311870

However, almost all the same issues as the original passport I bought with the addition of another one.
    The spacebar key is already wobbly, I'm sure it won't take long before the other keys will start that as well
    A new problem on the replacement passport, the volume buttons and media button are loose, and wobbly, they are firm on my original paspsort
    However, the BlackBerry logo is well in place and surprisingly, there is not stain around the logo, I tried looking in various light settings, there's no stain
    As for the metal strip on the back, one side is more up than the other when looking at eyelevel, same issue on the replacement as well
    And the keyboard bleed, same issues on the replacement, bleeds through the back, and edges, and in between keys
    Disappointed as these issues were not specific to my passport, aside from the logo coming off, but I don't think I'll ask for another replacement right now, there really is no point if the same issues are just going to be on another replacement, I did receive my Amzer case, which fits and protects the phone quite well, and none of the issues have caused functionality issues yet, will see how it goes, if things continue to get worse, I might ask for another replacement in a few months when hopefully they would have fixed the all these issues
    Disappointed, but what can I do at this point

Posted via CB10
    Thats really sad :/

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 04:05 PM
    Yikes, guess I won't be pursuing a replacement. :/ Sorry to hear!
    11-03-14 04:24 PM
    Hmmmm..... sounds like you have more issues on this one. Are they building more than they can reliably churn out and QA properly due to increased demand? BlackBerry really needs to make all of their new devices as close to flawless as possible for a while to win back customers. If people come from an iPhone back and the build quality seems shoddy then they probably won't get a third chance for the customer.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    11-03-14 04:29 PM
    I've said nicely that many Passports have various, and commonly shared, issues. I perfectly understand that we don't all have the same standard or care about the same things, however just because a person is someone who, say, doesn't care about the fact that there is light bleed above the screen doesn't change the fact that the bleed is a defect that shouldn't be there.

At this point you pretty much have zero chance that a new device will be truly flawless.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-03-14 04:37 PM
    It's really unfortunate the return/RMA process is so complicated. Admittedly, I only ever had to deal with doing a return with a BB phone once (which was a 9000 through Rogers and Rogers sent me a brand new one). Every other time I did a return with a BB phone was during the first 14 days and I did a full return through the carrier and would repurchase the phone so I wouldn't get a refurbished one. I returned two Z10's and a couple of Z30's that way.

It also makes me appreciate the service I got through Google with the Nexus phones. I've RMA'd two Nexus 4's and three Nexus 5's and they sent me brand new units each time. Of course one could argue if the phones were built better you wouldn't have issues and you wouldn't need to to RMA in the first place but a zero headache return/RMA policy definitely helps. I know that if I end up buying another Nexus device, I'd buy through Google before buying through a retailer or carrier.

Hopefully this experience, while unfortunate for those going through it now, is a catalyst for some service policy changes as it is clear some improvements are needed.
    11-03-14 05:20 PM
    Mine is flawless too me! I guess that's all that's important to a customer. I am not sure about the logo issue. Mine has been in a hard case the whole time except a few times I took it out to clean or just caress it.

So far the only thing I have issues with is a few small software bugs.

Sounds like a small percentage of devices that got shipped may have issues such as this. Oh well, say la vie when it comes to customer products. TVs, blue ray players, Etc all have a small percentage of defects. List goes on. No such thing as perfection. We aren't even made perfect.

Posted with my 5 week old superb Passport!
    11-03-14 05:58 PM
    Can I just please state that I have not had any issues on my Passport whatsoever? No screen splitting, no logo peeling, no wobbly buttons, nothing.

People having issues I feel like are getting the spotlight here but the thousands of us with no issues at all are being forgotten.
    This!
    No problems with my Passport at all. All prestine and wonderful. I think that a case (even just a rubber shell) is important to keep this awesome phone looking new.

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on SQW-100-1 10.3.1.1016
    11-03-14 07:23 PM
    Apparently my volume and mute button are loose and rattle . Debating if I should bring it back to bell but I really don't want to be without a passport for a couple weeks. I just went back to my Z10 to check something and I was lost

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 10:18 PM
270 ... 678910 ...