Can't just send it to a blackberry centre for servicing?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 03:15 PM
    Can't just send it to a blackberry centre for servicing?

Posted via CB10
    Nope, BlackBerry will tell you to go to DR because they sold it. Then you get to fight with them. Yippee...
    10-29-14 03:22 PM
    Current status:

Just called DR:

Rep transferred to Super

I spoke with super he was no help. Transferred to Brandon, the account manager

He told me I could get a refund and order a new unit, so I threw a fit and explained that it was my primary device and that he was asking me to send it back and wait until new units are in stock to order again. I told him it's absolutely unacceptable that a Warranty exchange is this complicated.

He took my # and is speaking with the developer who will talk to BlackBerry and he is going to call me back and let me know what kind of resolution can be had.

I will keep everyone posted, but I think we should be making John Chen aware that this is extremely unacceptable.
    Deja V�

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 03:30 PM
    Posted this video in another thread.
    it belongs here.
    passport is flimsy bad product.
    even this video shows how bad the build quality is.
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-29-14 03:37 PM
    Yeah, this BS "we can't exchange, you have to refund and rebuy" is possibly the stupidest policy I've ever heard, and I've heard some doozies.
    It is an odd policy. Is the reason simply that there is a shortage of supply and they have no stock from which to take to give in exchange for a defective unit? I'm sure there isn't a large pool of refurbished units at this early stage and if Blackberry hasn't ramped up production enough to meet demand, DR might not have anything to send you in exchange. That's the only reason I can think of that they would only issue refunds and make you reorder (and probably wait for a back ordered phone). Anyone know if this is the reason for this odd policy?
    boi2012 likes this.
    10-29-14 03:43 PM
    it belongs here.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=yDK-RBcnmqU
    Pretty impressive video. Nice.
    10-29-14 03:47 PM
    it belongs here.
    Lol just lol...what u smoking son?? That test proves just how strong the Passport is...if you can't see that then seriously your eyes and ears need testing dude.

The Passport is neither flimsy or bad quality, it's a well built device...just a few have some bad QC issues which happens with mass produced items...now imagine if that was an iPhone 6, S5 or any other high end device...it probably wouldn't have survived those tests.

Lol at flimsy and bad build quality...just lol.

Posted via CB10
    Deja V�

Posted via CB10
    Are you waiting on the same call? lol
    I'm pretty sure there is some sarcasm in that post about it being flimsy...

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 likes this.
    10-29-14 03:58 PM
    Are you waiting on the same call? lol
    Something like it. I honestly didn't have time to sit on hold during EST working hours. I'm in and out of meetings all the time. I got BlackBerry support reps to follow up on my behalf and the response was that they can't do anything. Before I got to needing to talk to the management at DR HQ, I got offered the ability to buy another device at the original price I paid. Since I have a primary device and the one from Shop BlackBerry was secondary, I could live with them honoring the pricing for a reorder. I'll see how long it takes for stock to show up, and if it's too long I'll have to push things to DR HQ.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 03:58 PM
    Ya, too bad Blackberry can't be perfect like Apple, have you not heard about any issues with their new releases? How about the latest issue Apple's latest iPhone 6 problem -- #dyegate See nothing is perfect in this world of ours. We can only try to achieve perfection at all times, yet we will always fail as $hit happens no matter how many QC processes are in place. All you can do is try to fix these issues as quickly and painlessly as possible for the consumer.
    yeah when it happens they replace the device no questions asked. Blackberry makes you jump hoops because they don't want to replace defective units. Life is too short to be wasted on numerous phone calls try to replace a device and even if they do you will be without a phone for weeks.
    donmateo likes this.
    10-29-14 04:37 PM
    Lol just lol...what

Lol at flimsy and bad build quality...just lol.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. We have. 2 passports at home for over a month now and in my circle about 16 units. Not a single problem in terms of build quality. The device is well built. What they showed in the video, try doing it with any other phone?
    Video was posted along with a Joke to this thread.

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    10-29-14 04:39 PM
    it belongs here.
    Horribly made

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 06:40 PM
    Horribly made

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. Totally agree with you.
    Here is the iphone 6 test. Beautifully done.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=11024944

Posted using BlackBerry passport.
    10-29-14 07:21 PM
    Nope, BlackBerry will tell you to go to DR because they sold it. Then you get to fight with them. Yippee...
    How come they asked you to call DR?
    I just called the NA Number, and went to technical support, and they issued me a ticket when I told them of the issues
    10-29-14 07:32 PM
    How come they asked you to call DR?
    I just called the NA Number, and went to technical support, and they issued me a ticket when I told them of the issues
    They will issue you a ticket no problem. But the ticket will not result in an RMA. Eventually they will direct you to Shop BlackBerry (i.e., DR) and then the limbo begins.
    10-29-14 07:52 PM
    We're 150 posts into a thread about a problem that one guy has and for which there is nothing anyone on CB can do.

If he has a problem, he should send it back. Easy solution.

Posted via CB10
    He stated that he had an issue, described it, and asked if anyone is experiencing similar issues. He is working to get the issue resolved and this thread tracks both the issue and the resolution of the issue. I see nothing nefarious in this thread or the other one about the screen being loose. I thought posting issues with devices or with BlackBerry policies and procedures about those devices was something these forums should be used for.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    10-29-14 08:16 PM
    They will issue you a ticket no problem. But the ticket will not result in an RMA. Eventually they will direct you to Shop BlackBerry (i.e., DR) and then the limbo begins.
    They'd hear it from me if they tried anything like you need to return the device, and they get a refund and go buy yourself a new one. Unacceptable
    10-29-14 08:36 PM
    Okay, just got off the phone with that same NA Technical Support Number, They asked for a few more details, took the credit card info I gave them, and I will receive a replacement device within 3-5 Business Days, so sometime next week, and in that same box, I'll be sending my current Passport back to them within 10 business days. They didn't mention anything about you'll get a refund and you have to return in and they buy yourself a new one. I would go back and start the process over for the people they told to do that, I find it disturbing that they would ask you to return it and then get yourself a new one, that's not warranty support, that's just them allowing you to return the device, thankfully my problem has been sorted for now. I really wonder why they would transfer you to DR
    10-29-14 08:50 PM
    Okay, just got off the phone with that same NA Technical Support Number, They asked for a few more details, took the credit card info I gave them, and I will receive a replacement device within 3-5 Business Days, so sometime next week, and in that same box, I'll be sending my current Passport back to them within 10 business days. They didn't mention anything about you'll get a refund and you have to return in and they buy yourself a new one. I would go back and start the process over for the people they told to do that, I find it disturbing that they would ask you to return it and then get yourself a new one, that's not warranty support, that's just them allowing you to return the device, thankfully my problem has been sorted for now. I really wonder why they would transfer you to DR
    Ugh....this is ridiculous. I hope I hear good news tomorrow. This is unacceptable.
    pakcikkayo likes this.
    10-29-14 08:57 PM
    Ugh....this is ridiculous. I hope I hear good news tomorrow. This is unacceptable.
    They issued me an RMA, ask for an advanced exchange blackberry handheld, and make them issue you an RMA
    BlackBerry Logo already coming off?-capture.png
    10-29-14 09:06 PM
    Can we stop fighting?
    I don't even know where this BlackBerry vs. iPhone thing started lol
    And neither do I know why or care for some people questioning the motives of this thread
    reeneebob likes this.
    10-29-14 09:07 PM
    They issued me an RMA, ask for an advanced exchange blackberry handheld, and make them issue you an RMA
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	457 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	310564
    Who? I tried calling the BB number, but they told me to call DR. How did you do it?
    10-29-14 09:32 PM
    Who? I tried calling the BB number, but they told me to call DR. How did you do it?
    I don't know why

Here is what I did though step-by-step
    1) I went to the BlackBerry website, https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=cEglCx6d
    Used that to email them with my order number, and told them of the hardware issues, they then replied and told me to call the technical support number
    2) I called the number, and pressed 9 I believe to be connected to a rep, I told them I emailed regarding hardware issues, and was asked to call this number, they then asked for all my information, and all the device information, and said they would issue me a ticket, and start a repair process because of the issues I had, the lady had to talk to a supervisor, and she told me proof was required, they asked me all those questions as I outlined in a previous post, they then emailed me and asked me to reply with photos of proof for the issues I had, and once I had done so, with a 2 photos and a video, and they were confirmed to be hardware issues, she would call me back to set up a repair process, I wasn't available for the call back, they did call 3 times, and once again today
    3) I called that same technical assistance phone number today, pressed 1 this time since I had a ticket number, which they had emailed me in the email requiring me to provide proof, this connected me to a rep, she read over the notes on my ticket and transferred me to another rep, from there she said okay, we will replace your device, she asked for the credit card and shipping info, also confirmed all device details and issues, and personal information, then said a replacement device will be sent to you in 3-5 business days, and then in that same box, you have to sign the RMA form I will email you, and send the faulty device back within 10 business days of receiving the new device, a prepaid shipping label will be included, I said okay and that was it, then a few minutes later I was emailed the RMA number and form that I need to sign, in the email it stated I will receive a replacement device in 1-2 business days, although I doubt that, probably sometime next week

I didn't speak to any supervisor or manager throughout the entire process, which I was actually surprised, it was an easy process, just time consuming
    What exactly happened in your phone call with them?
    donmateo likes this.
    10-29-14 09:57 PM
    I spoke with the DR people and told them about my problem and they told me the only way to do it is a return and reorder. I had that told to me by 4 people at DR then I threw a fit with the manager and he is supposed to be resolving it and calling me tomorrow. Absolutely absurd.
    10-29-14 10:11 PM
270 ... 56789 ...