That's what I am talking about, but one of them is physically lifting.
    Not here, sorry. You better start that RMA process

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-29-14 01:19 AM
    That's what I am talking about, but one of them is physically lifting.
    Call DR and ask to be escalated to the manager. Explain what is happening and they will arrange a return label for you to ship back the defective device. You will have to purchase another one yourself as DR will not do a replacement (though you may get lucky). You get just over 30 days with the return label so technically speaking enough time to be able to order another device when it comes in stock.

Alternatively, you can try to fix that yourself. Most likely it's another adhesive issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 01:21 AM
    Not here, sorry. You better start that RMA process

They don't have an RMA process unfortunately. Only a return for credit process.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 01:21 AM
    It's a fairly complicated process getting BlackBerry to do warranty claims based on hardware. You have to call them, they will take all your personal information, the devices information, pin, carrier, number, order number, if you've dropped the device, how long you've had it, do you have any protection on it, how long have the problems been there, have you tried anything to fix it or alter the device, etc. They will issue a ticket, next they will email you, and you'll have to reply with evidence of the hardware fault, so photos, once that's done, if they're satisfied that it is a BlackBerry hardware fault they will call you back, or if you sent the photos right away, they transfer you to the repair team to have it sent in, although I'm not there yet. I have to still call them back since I was unavailable when they called back. I say it's a complicated process because I've dealt with Apple warranty, and it's amazing, compared to BlackBerry. I would suggest you have yours repaired if it gets worse, it's up to you if you want it repaired right away

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 01:25 AM
    They don't have an RMA process unfortunately. Only a return for credit process.

Posted via CB10
    Lol yeah, what ever that is. I am glad I am not having any bleeding lights, peeling off stuff.

Imagine having to go through all that when I am literally thousands of miles away.

10-29-14 01:29 AM
    It's a fairly complicated process getting BlackBerry to do warranty claims based on hardware. You have to call them, they will take all your personal information, the devices information, pin, carrier, number, order number, if you've dropped the device, how long you've had it, do you have any protection on it, how long have the problems been there, have you tried anything to fix it or alter the device, etc. They will issue a ticket, next they will email you, and you'll have to reply with evidence of the hardware fault, so photos, once that's done, if they're satisfied that it is a BlackBerry hardware fault they will call you back, or if you sent the photos right away, they transfer you to the repair team to have it sent in, although I'm not there yet. I have to still call them back since I was unavailable when they called back. I say it's a complicated process because I've dealt with Apple warranty, and it's amazing, compared to BlackBerry. I would suggest you have yours repaired if it gets worse, it's up to you if you want it repaired right away

Posted via CB10
    Ugh...bummer. Do you have the information for this process? The contact info that is. I want to start this ASAP.

Thank you!
    10-29-14 01:36 AM
    BlackBerry Logo already coming off?-img_20141029_023831.png

Those are the numbers you want to call based on where you are

And you are right, I just noticed, when I was eye level with the back of my device, I noticed one of the stripe on one side is actually a bit more out than the other side, the same side as you, that strip is actually coming out a bit right at the tip, where as the other side it's still in properly

Posted via CB10
    donmateo likes this.
    10-29-14 01:40 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141029_023831.png 
Views:	847 
Size:	128.9 KB 
ID:	310328

Those are the numbers you want to call based on where you are

And you are right, I just noticed, when I was eye level with the back of my device, I noticed one of the stripe on one side is actually a bit more out than the other side, the same side as you, that strip is actually coming out a bit right at the tip, where as the other side it's still in properly

Posted via CB10
    Thank you much! I know what I will be doing in the AM. Will you be exchanging as well?
    10-29-14 01:53 AM
    I'll see what they say about the repair process when I call them tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 02:03 AM
    I would like to go on record and state that I have not experienced any issues regarding build quality or otherwise in regards to my BlackBerry Passport.

The problems people post on this forum regarding the device almost make you doubt BlackBerry's QA-checks.

BlackBerry devices have always been rock-solid for me, hope it stays that way.

One should also keep in mind the fact that the Passport is selling like hotcakes and thus there will be more people complaining about defects.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dodger52; 10-29-14 at 03:09 AM.
    10-29-14 02:32 AM
    just get one of those new stickers from china :P
    10-29-14 04:02 AM
    In reply to donamateo and zocster, I've actually went to check on my Passport. I can also notice a similar situation but rather than lifting up it looks more like the left metal "sticker" is longer than the right one; thus having some millimeters (or maybe millimeter) that exceed the actual length of said sticker. In my opinion, is the protrusion of the camera that generates this effect of the "sticker" about to come off, since mine feels pretty steady nonetheless. These are just my two cents, I may be totally wrong. I'll keep on checking on the situation and updating you guys in case of some major change.
    10-29-14 04:16 AM
    I haven't seen a passport in person yet, just photos online. I've got to say I'm surprised that blackberry decided to use stickers for the logo. Stickers, really? I assumed it was a metal part showing through cut outs in the back of the case. Doesn't seem premium at all. Disappointed.

If a certain blackberry competitor had put stickers on its flagship phone and blackberry used metal, we would never hear the end of it around here.
    10-29-14 06:49 AM
    The issue is one side is lifting and I don't want it to fall off and have to deal with that.
    More adhesive issues..... starting to look like they may have made a poor choice on the glues and tapes for this flagship device, or a particular batch was the "Friday" run.

I had a similar issue with the logo pieces coming loose on my 9900 Hardshell case back in the day, but it was a case and I was fine with coming off of it. Had it been the phone.... this is supposed to be BlackBerry's device that make people say wow that is a BlackBerry. if all the metallic pieces come loose and/or peel off then it isn't a good thing. The Mexico plants have always seemed to have more QA issues than others. In fact when I complained of trackpad failures I was told that the European ones are much better. That is fine if BlackBerry would stop using or clean up facilities with poorer records, but if they don't then it is still a BlackBerry issue.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    dejanh likes this.
    10-29-14 07:33 AM
    Call DR and ask to be escalated to the manager. Explain what is happening and they will arrange a return label for you to ship back the defective device. You will have to purchase another one yourself as DR will not do a replacement (though you may get lucky). You get just over 30 days with the return label so technically speaking enough time to be able to order another device when it comes in stock.

Alternatively, you can try to fix that yourself. Most likely it's another adhesive issue.

Posted via CB10
    That's why DR is a fail compared to Amazon, who is cross-shipping me a replacement (arrives tonight) with zero fuss.

As for the adhesive issues, I wonder if the Mexico facility has a dust control problem...

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    dejanh, TGR1, jakie55 and 2 others like this.
    10-29-14 07:56 AM
    That's why DR is a fail compared to Amazon, who is cross-shipping me a replacement (arrives tonight) with zero fuss.

As for the adhesive issues, I wonder if the Mexico facility has a dust control problem...

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    This is very possible as the tape that I removed from my frame had a number of dust particles stuck to it, beyond not being applied correctly and the somewhat bent frame.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 09:20 AM
    I can't wait for tomorrow's thread about some other alleged defect. All the usual suspects will say all the usual things.

Posted via CB10
    I guess we have to thank people like you that hide the problems, live with the bugs holding the classic thought that "they will fix them with next update", and call BB premium so that BLackberry can keep releasing poorly made products.
    I have never owned a Blackberry that was flawless...premium devices? yeah right
    boi2012 and MarsupilamiX like this.
    10-29-14 11:26 AM

All I could find and all still functions, well.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    jakie55 likes this.
    10-29-14 11:45 AM
    Ya, too bad Blackberry can't be perfect like Apple, have you not heard about any issues with their new releases? How about the latest issue Apple's latest iPhone 6 problem -- #dyegate See nothing is perfect in this world of ours. We can only try to achieve perfection at all times, yet we will always fail as $hit happens no matter how many QC processes are in place. All you can do is try to fix these issues as quickly and painlessly as possible for the consumer.
    10-29-14 12:21 PM
    So I called BB via the number above who then told me to call DR. Then I called DR and they told me they won't do an exchange, only a refund and I have to REPURCHASE the device.

Can somebody please explain to me the proper channels to go through this RMA process?
    10-29-14 12:24 PM
    So I called BB via the number above who then told me to call DR. Then I called DR and they told me they won't do an exchange, only a refund and I have to REPURCHASE the device.

Can somebody please explain to me the proper channels to go through this RMA process?
    Welcome to the limbo. Call DR again during North American, ideally east coast, work hours. Ask to be put through to the supervisor, then the manager. This should put you through the DR HQ. You may fair better talking to those guys. Let me know how things go for you. Detailed account is appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 12:51 PM
    I'll give that a go this afternoon. Absolutely ridiculous that this is even an issue. I hope John Chen is aware of this.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 12:58 PM
    Attachment 309975

well hopefully that will shut up those who obviously thought you were lying......

It doesn't suprise me. i think the early batch of Passports are showing some shocking build quality issues. THe stain around the bb icon is the worst I have fortunately, although I think the weak radio is one i have but just don't care because 3g is as good as 4g to me.

I was horrified by the corners bb seem to be cutting on a supposedly premium device though. For example , expecting premium money for a stick on flip case rather than charging what it would be worth i.e. less than a fiver off ebay.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 01:22 PM
    Current status:

Just called DR:

Rep transferred to Super

I spoke with super he was no help. Transferred to Brandon, the account manager

He told me I could get a refund and order a new unit, so I threw a fit and explained that it was my primary device and that he was asking me to send it back and wait until new units are in stock to order again. I told him it's absolutely unacceptable that a Warranty exchange is this complicated.

He took my # and is speaking with the developer who will talk to BlackBerry and he is going to call me back and let me know what kind of resolution can be had.

I will keep everyone posted, but I think we should be making John Chen aware that this is extremely unacceptable.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-29-14 03:02 PM
    It seems to me that most of these quality issues may be the result of the occasional defective unit but also how the phone is carried around. We know the phone is geared towards business users and those who wear suits, wonder if having it in the pants pocket causes undue stress with the constant shifting of the phone resulting in these issues.

I have up till now avoided putting mine in my pants pocket as much as possible but makes carrying the phone a bit cumbersome since I always have it hand.

Maybe with the hard shell case it won't be as much of an issue in the pants pocket.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 03:03 PM
270 ... 45678 ...