we know there have been close to 300,000 - 500,000 plus Passports made....there are going to be some flaws...not every phone goes through an extensive QC process or the phones would be even more expensive...same as a car that is the best rated by Consumer Reports still has some that get out of the factory and are a pain to the owner and full of flaws...nothing new here...every phone made, every product made will have flaws in them that make it to the consumer.
    10-28-14 10:13 AM
    I just removed my hard shell case to check the logo on the back of my Passport and it seems to be metal. If these are stickers they are firmly attached to the back of the phone! I even tried to pick at the corners without being able to dislodge them.

I got mine the day after launch and didn't get the hard shell case for a couple of weeks.

I'm not saying the OP is lying. All I'm saying is that I haven't had the same problem. I find the phone's build very solid.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    Dodger52 and wincyUt like this.
    10-28-14 10:19 AM
    Aside from laser inscribed (which only works on metallic material) how else did people think they got the logo there? Painting? Melting a BlackBerry shaped protruding metal coin on to the rubber backing?

It's just metallic cutouts with adhesive on the back placed in precision-cut indentations within the rubber backing. What other manufacturing process would you suggest?

Definitely a valid reason to cancel your Passport order. LOL...

Posted via CB10
    Uzi, spikesolie, Spawn12 and 3 others like this.
    10-28-14 10:20 AM
    Just checked my PlayBook back and the logo looks perfect fine. Can someone with a Passport and Playbook confirm if this is the same back + kind of silver logo like in the PlayBook?

BlackBerry Logo already coming off?-img_20141028_162518.jpgBlackBerry Logo already coming off?-img_20141028_162621.jpg
    10-28-14 10:31 AM
    Hahahahahaha. Ooops!

Wait until the BlackBerry defenders roll in.

Honest though, there really are QC issues with these devices. I'll also point out that Foxconn would have been a better choice than some Mexico 6 plant to build the Passport. They have much more capability and much better processes. Most likely, the only reason why they didn't do it is because BlackBerry only did a small run of Passport devices and Foxconn doesn't do small runs.

Posted via CB10
    I was going to post the same exact thing about Foxconn having better QC, given that Foxconn produced the Z3 and I haven't heard about too many quality control issues. It seemed like they did a solid job. On the other hand, this place that produced the Passport, I believe is the same place that produced the Z10 and we know that the Z10 had MAJOR QC issues and defective units (despite the many within these boards that initially denied or were in denial of that FACT).

So, Blackberry needs a reminder that you get what you pay for, if indeed to cut cost (or because of a smaller order) they used this factory in Mexico. (not saying there's anything wrong with Mexico)
    10-28-14 10:40 AM
    Well, at least the phone didn't bend!
    Hey don't steal my lines dude... Not Cool

Posted via CB10
    nbaliga likes this.
    10-28-14 10:51 AM
    Just checked my PlayBook back and the logo looks perfect fine. Can someone with a Passport and Playbook confirm if this is the same back + kind of silver logo like in the PlayBook?
    PlayBook's look a little more shiny, while the Passport's are more of a brushed steel look, and are also more "embedded" into the rubbery back.

BlackBerry Logo already coming off?-img_20141028_115535.jpg

BlackBerry Logo already coming off?-img_20141028_115549.jpg

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Q10Bold and partizan666 like this.
    10-28-14 10:57 AM
    Can I just please state that I have not had any issues on my Passport whatsoever? No screen splitting, no logo peeling, no wobbly buttons, nothing.

People having issues I feel like are getting the spotlight here but the thousands of us with no issues at all are being forgotten.
    Deppe, hpjrt, andy957 and 1 others like this.
    10-28-14 10:59 AM
    I just wanted to say that you have a funny forum name.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you kindly

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 11:16 AM
    #GlassWeaveQ10BackCoverBetter
    Q10Bold likes this.
    10-28-14 11:18 AM
    Lol.. kind of what I was thinking. I'd take them ALL off. Clean up the sticky stuff and voila, 'custom' Passport. I can see being upset about it for a bit, but I'd get over it rather quickly. I've had it happen to several devices over the years.
    Exactly. The almighty Apple has always been missing a piece and no one has ever complained about it.
    jakie55 likes this.
    10-28-14 11:18 AM
    Just have to point something out, a few reports don't mean the quality control is that terrible. Always remember that only the ones facing issues come to CB to post about it.. there are definitely hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers ..
    But maybe 1000 defective units. The owners of these 1000 will come to report on it. Most of the other 200 or 300 thousands have perfectly working phones and are probably not even members on CB

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.821
    99% of consumers don't give a damn about blogs so if they have problems they just return it or live with it
    dejanh and sentimentGX4 like this.
    10-28-14 11:37 AM
    OP have you ever heard of defective product before? Return your phone for an exchange if it's bugging you that much that you had to post a thread for that minor issue.

I don't have that issue and I'm just curious how many people out there have the same issue as you. Let's be real and realise that the Passport, just like any other device, is not perfect. Your logo coming off is not a major issue and does not affect the functionality of the phone. What's your motive for posting this thread?
    Nonsense. Your value system is not mine. I don't buy a car just because it gets me from here to there.

I *like* how my belongings look. I *like* how they feel or smell or sound. The esthetics have great value to me and I would be savagely unimpressed if my little logo (BB logo is very nice) got ugly so quickly. The phone would work as fine as ever but there will still be that disappointment every time I looked at it and it would just plain *bug* me.

I am not even as picky as some. People notice the little things that I miss, such as the shade or texture that is a little off. But these little things can matter hugely.
    10-28-14 11:58 AM
    Nonsense. Your value system is not mine. I don't buy a car just because it gets me from here to there.

I *like* how my belongings look. I *like* how they feel or smell or sound. The esthetics have great value to me and I would be savagely unimpressed if my little logo (BB logo is very nice) got ugly so quickly. The phone would work as fine as ever but there will still be that disappointment every time I looked at it and it would just plain *bug* me.

I am not even as picky as some. People notice the little things that I miss, such as the shade or texture that is a little off. But these little things can matter hugely.
    Agreed. Plus, the logo is there to serve as branding for BlackBerry. It, in a sense, is representing BlackBerry wherever it is that you take your device. They want it to look good!

No doubt that there has been some issue with the adhesive used in some batches. Should be relatively easy to correct if not done already.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 12:18 PM
    [QUOTE=greenberry666;11019410]Oops. I've been watching to see if the passport was worth getting but the way they've taped everything on (especially the screen!) has caused me to definitely steer clear. Those reporting no issues have devices made with the same tape so it's probably a matter of time

...if you look at products as a whole you would be surprised what has been held on by such 'tape' over the last 30 or so years...this technique isn't anything new...and neither is the failure of such process...I always find it amusing the first world problems that people have anymore...even things that are bolted down can come loose......

Posted on CB10 via my Z30....
    ggbrands likes this.
    10-28-14 12:34 PM
    This is getting old.

Posted via CB10
    Also wasn't your frame misaligned?

I agree. It's long beaten dead.
    10-28-14 12:48 PM
    Also wasn't your frame misaligned?

I agree. It's long beaten dead.
    It was, but I'm not going to make it into #BendGate because it isn't. These things can happen with large phones. The iPhone bit was amusing for a while and sure they should have made the 6 Plus stronger (better reinforced), but at the end of the day very few individuals will run into this issue and if they do, they still have the excellent Apple customer service to turn to. Just like this, very few Passport users will end up with bent phones, or screens falling off. It's just that for those that do the steps needed to resolve the issue are long and cumbersome, and won't necessarily net the desired result.
    10-28-14 01:03 PM
    I think it is unfortunate that the OP's phone is having cosmetic defects so quickly.
    The hate on here and accusations of deliberate removal of the logo are offensive.
    Why are people pulling defect statistics out of their ess ? Are these published somewhere ?
    I am waiting to purchase the Classic.
    I am not above creating a mask and applying some CA (superglue) if it helps the logo stay on.
    anon(4264471) likes this.
    10-28-14 01:40 PM
    You folks are hilarious. The lengths you'll go to is astounding. It clearly looks like it it came undone.

Posted via CB10
    - Hmmm ... you are hilarious indeed .. it clearly looked like it has been 'Scrapped' off to 'Me' .. my 'Opinion'
    10-28-14 01:50 PM
    - Hmmm ... you are hilarious indeed .. it clearly looked like it has been 'Scrapped' off to 'Me' .. my 'Opinion'
    Scraped not scrapped.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 02:07 PM
    At least your phone isn't bent in half

Posted via CB10
    Glad I read first. Cause I was going to say this^^^^^

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    10-28-14 02:10 PM
    PlayBook's look a little more shiny, while the Passport's are more of a brushed steel look, and are also more "embedded" into the rubbery back.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141028_115535.jpg 
Views:	901 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	310074

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141028_115549.jpg 
Views:	897 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	310075

Posted via CB10
    Yes, same here. playbook is a bit more on the shiny side, even though it is much older.
    10-28-14 02:30 PM
    More adhesive issues...... Interesting.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    FrankIAm and MarsupilamiX like this.
    10-28-14 02:34 PM

Isn't it rather ironic that you are stating that your value system is not same as mine or others; so why do you think that you or the OP has to impose your value system or preferences on others who are quite content with their Passports and would direct the concerns or issues they have with the Passport to the appropriate channel? Are you and the OP here to enlighten us because we don't know any better? Why don't you publish all the issues you have in life to the whole world? You have the right to be anal if that's what tickles your fancy but try to keep it to yourself because like I said before OP's logo problem is highly unlikely to be resolved on this forum.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    10-28-14 04:58 PM
    #GlassWeaveQ10BackCoverBetter
    #YOLO #SWAG...

Go awaaaaaayy
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-28-14 05:10 PM
270 ... 23456 ...