As someone who goes ape at the first tiny scratch on any of my new shiny toys, I sympathize greatly, OP.
    10-28-14 08:20 AM
    Where did you buy the Blackberry passport, flea market?
    10-28-14 08:31 AM
    Where did you buy the Blackberry passport, flea market?
    Lol, same comment in two threads. Looking for attention?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 08:44 AM
    Lol, same comment in two threads. Looking for attention?

Posted via CB10
    No, it's just that BlackBerry's QC is so good, John Chen personally tests every device himself, so there's no way defective ones are out there. OP is obviously a gigantic liar.
    10-28-14 08:52 AM
    OP have you ever heard of defective product before? Return your phone for an exchange if it's bugging you that much that you had to post a thread for that minor issue.

I don't have that issue and I'm just curious how many people out there have the same issue as you. Let's be real and realise that the Passport, just like any other device, is not perfect. Your logo coming off is not a major issue and does not affect the functionality of the phone. What's your motive for posting this thread?
    Dodger52 likes this.
    10-28-14 08:54 AM
    That sucks OP. Sorry for not believing you...but you understand.

I wish the BlackBerry logo was one piece, like the new apple logo on the iPhone 6. A single piece that is coming through a cutout on the back, but it's raised and flush.

This looks bad for BB.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 08:58 AM
    Oh no! It's contagious.... A plague of sorts.
    (Ok, obviously I photoshopped the original.)
    BlackBerry Logo already coming off?-passportlogo.jpg
    I almost walked into a Rogers outlet here in Burnaby yesterday and bought a passport outright. I am now kind of glad I held off.

I really like the passport and I will still be buying one, but I may wait until all of this is sorted out.
    Last edited by andyJH; 10-28-14 at 09:16 AM.
    anon(4264471) and jakie55 like this.
    10-28-14 08:58 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	passportlogo.jpg 
Views:	1606 
Size:	123.9 KB 
ID:	310050
    Wtf?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 09:02 AM
    Oops. I've been watching to see if the passport was worth getting but the way they've taped everything on (especially the screen!) has caused me to definitely steer clear. Those reporting no issues have devices made with the same tape so it's probably a matter of time....
    I must be honest that I didn't rush in to buy the Passport from Day 1 on the grounds that I wanted any teething troubles to be ironed out - but I did expect that if there were any, it would be in the OS.

To see these build quality issues starting to arise (on what is clearly a superb smartphone in every other respect) is making me hold back from committing to it.

Posted via CB10... on my Z30 10.2.1 waiting for 10.3.x
    You guys are missing a great device based on a couple of cases.
    Thavys55 likes this.
    10-28-14 09:08 AM
    Hahahahahaha. Ooops!

Wait until the BlackBerry defenders roll in.

Honest though, there really are QC issues with these devices. I'll also point out that Foxconn would have been a better choice than some Mexico 6 plant to build the Passport. They have much more capability and much better processes. Most likely, the only reason why they didn't do it is because BlackBerry only did a small run of Passport devices and Foxconn doesn't do small runs.

Posted via CB10
    I feel really badly for people coming here for help with any issue with their phone because apparently they are all liars.

Demand pics or you're a liar! Post pics and you're still a liar and did it to your own phone for...what exactly? Who spends $700 for a phone to deliberately vandalize it to get those CB people Or get attention, apparently?

It's embarrassing.
    10-28-14 09:09 AM
    shouldnt happen with such a premium handset
    Savior4Life likes this.
    10-28-14 09:14 AM
    I feel really badly for people coming here for help with any issue with their phone because apparently they are all liars.

Demand pics or you're a liar! Post pics and you're still a liar and did it to your own phone for...what exactly? Who spends $700 for a phone to deliberately vandalize it to get those CB people Or get attention, apparently?

It's embarrassing.
    Not all of us (or even a majority) are deniers of reality (or potential reality.) Some are just more skeptical of claims due to the large number of anti-BB trolls that enjoy hanging around the forums, that obviously have no life. So, proof is good. Once proof is provided and someone is still denying, then it's safe to say you can probably start ignoring that particular voice in the crowd.

Richard
    10-28-14 09:16 AM
    I'm waiting for one in particular. Heh.
    MarsupilamiX and solitude1984 like this.
    10-28-14 09:18 AM
    No, it's just that BlackBerry's QC is so good, John Chen personally tests every device himself, so there's no way defective ones are out there. OP is obviously a gigantic liar.
    Obviously. He also must be a paid Appledroid shill, hired to bash BlackBerry. It's good to know at least some in this thread are on to it. For us poor plebiscite, we just see another QC issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 09:19 AM
    Has our resident BlackBerry fanboi made an appearance ie adif70?? If he hasn't then careful, he will come in and the OP a troll lol.

Does seem like a few Passport's out there do have a few QC issues, shame but it does happen with mass produced items. Even mine has a QC issue with my L key, a bit of light bleeds through when it's lit up but no biggie as it works perfectly fine.

Makes me laugh that a few people have said they won't buy one due to a few build issues lolololol. All I can say is that it is your loss, truly missing out on a superb device. If you are that worried then just check the phone out before u hand over any money or if you order it online and it isn't perfect, send it back for a replacement.

As a consumer you do have rights u know lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 09:19 AM
    I do agree that the phone is worth considering despite the issues that are present with the initial batches. I wouldn't agree with mass-produced. With how few Passport have been made, relatively speaking, nearly all should be flawless. Most aren't.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 09:22 AM
    I do agree that the phone is worth considering despite the issues that are present with the initial batches.

Posted via CB10
    Of course it's worth considering. I mean bar the build issues, if you can't get on with the phone then fair enough. But to completely rule it due to a few build issues is beyond the realms of stupidity imho. Not every Passport has build issues from what I have been reading and hearing. But I guess some people are too worried to give it a chance.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 09:25 AM
    I think there are some anti BlackBerry trolls out here on Crackberry who are lurking around here for just to creat mayhem against BlackBerry fans. I for one like all the premium devices for its productivity usage. I have BlackBerry Bold 9900, Q10, Z30, BlackBerry Bold 9780 and had Z10. Now I have iPhone 6 which took me seven years to get the one "i" think is good enough for me and rocking BlackBerry Passport. I like them both and planning to get HTC M8 windows mobile versi, on. It's all depends on you what you like and "how" you lik it and if you don't, get stop being sissy about it get a life cause we are here to give help and get helps. Peace out!

Via BlackBerry Passport 10.3.0.908 on Blazin fast T-Mobile LTE.
    10-28-14 09:48 AM
    Attachment 309975

Posted via CB10
    This reminds me of the back of my Curve. I agree, it's sad to see such corners cut. I also hate the fact that my Q10's logo is simply painted on. Luckily it is still intact after almost a year.

emPowered by ?
    10-28-14 09:57 AM
    Part of the reason I haven't bought the Passport is because of the quality issues.

My Q10 that's 1.5 year old is having major issues with keyboard, headphone jack, and speaker.

Need to have full confidence that my next phone will last me.
    10-28-14 10:03 AM
    Well, at least the phone didn't bend!
    10-28-14 10:05 AM
    I don't really get those who are glad that they didn't buy a Passport because people are posting about problems.

If we assume 1 out of 1000 devices has a problem, you have 0.1% chance og getting a bad device.
    It is the equivalent of me saying "Somebody was in a car crash today, now I'm glad that I didn't buy a car!"

DISCLAIMER: I am not calling anyone a liar, nor am I demanding pics or defending BlackBerry's customer service or quality control!

Posted via CB10
    Dodger52 likes this.
    10-28-14 10:06 AM
    This has nothing to do with quality control. The issue here is the method chosen. In other words, it's a matter of time before all Passport logos become embossed due to their choice of using stickers...

emPowered by ?
    dejanh likes this.
    10-28-14 10:10 AM
    Well, at least the phone didn't bend!
    This is getting old.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 10:10 AM
    Of course it's worth considering. I mean bar the build issues, if you can't get on with the phone then fair enough. But to completely rule it due to a few build issues is beyond the realms of stupidity imho. Not every Passport has build issues from what I have been reading and hearing. But I guess some people are too worried to give it a chance.

Posted via CB10
    I know that not every Passport got issues- but I did the same 'mistake' with the Q10, - bought it on day one.
    Never again. Yellow screen, double typing, random reboots, lose battery door, upper left corner of the screen is lose and gives weird noices....

You cant proof double typing in the repairshop (or like my example at TMobile). It wont happen every time.
    The yellow amoled screen- they said- its perfect fine! :/

Gonna wait for the next production runs. Then hopefully everything will be fine, like in my other Q10s that I bought 6 months after release!! For me the first Production run is allways bad!
    And yes- threads like this are proof enough at least for me.
    10-28-14 10:11 AM
270 12345 ...