- Seems more the Logo have been 'Scrapped' off instead of peeling off ... Doesn't seem legit
    bungaboy and Dodger52 like this.
    10-28-14 01:44 AM
    - Seems more the Logo have been 'Scrapped' off instead of peeling off ... Doesn't seem legit
    You folks are hilarious. The lengths you'll go to is astounding. It clearly looks like it it came undone.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dejanh; 10-28-14 at 12:09 PM.
    10-28-14 01:54 AM
    The same happens to me with htc one max, and both devices has high quality builds...

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 02:01 AM
    You folks are hilarious. The lengths you'll go to is astounding. It clearly looks like it it cane undone.

Posted via CB10
    I was looking at the second image supplied. It looked like there is a hint of pressure at 2 o'clock

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    bungaboy and ezubeBB2013 like this.
    10-28-14 02:09 AM
    I was looking at the second image supplied. It looked like there is a hint of pressure at 2 o'clock

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Possible but I think he didn't intentionally do that.

Posted from an ME173X
    10-28-14 02:19 AM
    Take off the other 6 "D" and adhesive u'll have the limited edition black logo blackberry passport

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 03:30 AM
    Attachment 309979

Posted via CB10
    I dont get it- why BB, why?
    Seems like the first production runs are allways crap :/
    Got sooo many problems with my Q10 bought on day 1!...yellow amoled screen, random reboots, double typing issue...

Because of this thread (and the splitting screen one) I just canceled my order for the Passport. I will wait till January/February for the Passport. Hopefully with better screens and logos(lol) and eithout whatever fail comes next.
    JGoodard likes this.
    10-28-14 03:39 AM
    Oops. I've been watching to see if the passport was worth getting but the way they've taped everything on (especially the screen!) has caused me to definitely steer clear. Those reporting no issues have devices made with the same tape so it's probably a matter of time....
    10-28-14 03:52 AM
    I must be honest that I didn't rush in to buy the Passport from Day 1 on the grounds that I wanted any teething troubles to be ironed out - but I did expect that if there were any, it would be in the OS.

To see these build quality issues starting to arise (on what is clearly a superb smartphone in every other respect) is making me hold back from committing to it.

Posted via CB10... on my Z30 10.2.1 waiting for 10.3.x
    10-28-14 03:55 AM
    Remove all the silver Ds.

Then you will be the cool one to have a bb enbossed logo on your passport.

Blackberry passport black edition.
    10-28-14 05:01 AM
    Has anyone else had this happen to them yet?
    The logo on the back of my Passport is still holding all together . . . but logotypes are too often glued with double-sided Scotch tapes.

For instance, in an official BlackBerry soft pocket pouch for Z10 made in microfiber, an embossed BlackBerry logo (a small metal plate) is glued from inside the soft pocket pouch to the outer fabric where a BlackBerry logo is cut out. A few months ago such small metal plate peeled off from the outer fabric and scratched the surface of my Z10 through the inner fabric.

Pictures of the small metal plate and corresponding holes cut out in the outer fabric are posted below.

BlackBerry Logo already coming off?-softpouch_broken.jpg

BlackBerry Logo already coming off?-softpouch_metalpart.jpg
    JGoodard likes this.
    10-28-14 05:19 AM
    Just have to point something out, a few reports don't mean the quality control is that terrible. Always remember that only the ones facing issues come to CB to post about it.. there are definitely hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers ..
    But maybe 1000 defective units. The owners of these 1000 will come to report on it. Most of the other 200 or 300 thousands have perfectly working phones and are probably not even members on CB

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.821
    Deppe, bungaboy, alan510 and 5 others like this.
    10-28-14 05:28 AM
    this is TRAGIC
    10-28-14 05:41 AM
    Go to a store and jam one off a display for your own advantage
    anon(4264471) likes this.
    10-28-14 06:17 AM
    At least your phone isn't bent in half

Posted via CB10
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    10-28-14 06:46 AM
    To those that say I did this on purpose, believe me I didn't, why would I??
    I paid over $800 for this, just to ruin it?
    I think the glue or tape on the bottom D just dried out, when I touch there, it doesn't seem sticky at all, and no, I didn't play around with the logo before which is what caused it to come off. Whatever adhesive they used, I think that's the main issue, I'm pretty sure it just lost its adhesive power
    I find it funny how they can use metal plates for the BlackBerry logo on cases, but not on the actual phones
    Will call BlackBerry later today, and try and post a video of the issues as well

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    10-28-14 06:59 AM
    Remove all the silver Ds.

Then you will be the cool one to have a bb enbossed logo on your passport.

Blackberry passport black edition.
    Lol.. kind of what I was thinking. I'd take them ALL off. Clean up the sticky stuff and voila, 'custom' Passport. I can see being upset about it for a bit, but I'd get over it rather quickly. I've had it happen to several devices over the years.
    sidhuk and ronfc like this.
    10-28-14 07:00 AM
    Silver Sharpie FTW
    EsJayDee and anon(4264471) like this.
    10-28-14 07:29 AM
    Hahahahahaha. Ooops!

Wait until the BlackBerry defenders roll in.

Honest though, there really are QC issues with these devices. I'll also point out that Foxconn would have been a better choice than some Mexico 6 plant to build the Passport. They have much more capability and much better processes. Most likely, the only reason why they didn't do it is because BlackBerry only did a small run of Passport devices and Foxconn doesn't do small runs.

Posted via CB10
    They didn't go all out on the Z3.....

Think it was more they either let the last plant do the Passport or they just get out of manufacturing.
    dejanh likes this.
    10-28-14 07:46 AM
    seems like. i wouldnt invest my money in a case the holds my phone using tape lol
    10-28-14 07:52 AM
    good call
    10-28-14 07:55 AM
    Lol.. kind of what I was thinking. I'd take them ALL off. Clean up the sticky stuff and voila, 'custom' Passport. I can see being upset about it for a bit, but I'd get over it rather quickly. I've had it happen to several devices over the years.
    This is disappointing, but that's my plan too if it happens to me. If you put your phone on a bar or something, ethyl alcohol (vodka) will break down that adhesive. I have used it to remove sticker adhesive on occasion.
    10-28-14 07:57 AM
    My top corner one came off, but i take it in and out of my back pocket(jeans) and eventually one corner poked up and the whole thing came off. My second one is starting at corner now. Not a big deal but still an oversight. Beats catching my hair on the device just from talking.

The problem is testing is done by people and when you are testing these things they don't get real world use. The Testers is treating it like a piece of gold because it is new and rare. Where as we just use the devices and I treated it like a phone. When I had the 8220(Pearl Flip) for testing. I sat and flip the phone up and down for fun. So literally it was flipped about 200-300 times a day. Let's say that's the sturdiest flip phones to date I've seen. It would annoy people around how much I abused that phone.
    10-28-14 08:05 AM
    Scrape them all off and replace with black diamonds.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4264471) likes this.
    10-28-14 08:09 AM
    Happened to me in very short order on a Curve years ago. All of them came off. I got over it.

Richard
    10-28-14 08:14 AM
270 1234 ...