Suddenly Link is not working. At first I thought it was the USB connection to my Sync-pod, but a direct connection to my pc via the USB did not make link work.

The computer recognizes the device and maps the drives -- Blend works. Weird stuff. Any ideas?
    09-28-16 08:44 AM
    I also tried reinstalling by DL'in Link from BB, but it won't let me install saying I have the latest software. Do I have to delete this a re-install?
    09-28-16 08:47 AM
    The "latest" Link version is in the Blend package.

Anyway, I've heard Link has stopped working on Windows and Mac as of recently; it's up to BlackBerry to put out a fixed version, but something tells me they won't.

Recognizing your phone is the responsibility of BlackBerry Device Manager, which is separate from Link, and is technically in use with the Priv drivers.
    09-28-16 08:54 AM
    So in other words another insult to injury.
    09-28-16 09:02 AM
    Actually, here's the million dollar question, if this is no longer going to work, how does one back up the information?
    09-28-16 09:05 AM
    Just for anyone searching through, come here: BlackBerry Link stopped working - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

It answers how to fix things and so far (3 hours) it works!
    09-28-16 11:32 AM
    I had and have an issue with #BlackBerryLink and sent a tweet to @BlackBerryHelp & @JohnChen asking when a new version of Link would be released, Technical support actually called me on a Friday night a few weeks ago but did not actually explain fully why BlackBerry would not update Link, so I asked him to send a email with more information and this is what he sent and as you can see it as clear as mud.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support.

I would like to inform you that we really appreciate your call regarding this case. Your concern is important to us and we would like to make sure that your experience with BlackBerry Technical Support is a good one.

To answer your query about the future updates for BB10 Operating System, please refer this link: http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/07/...del-makes-way/
    This was supposed to address the news about the BlackBerry Classic, as we ceased to manufacture this device. But it is also indicated that we will still actively support the BlackBerry10OS and looking forward for future updates.

I hope this answers your query, and should you have other queries, kindly reply to this email.

Once again, thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support.

Sincerely,

Emmanuel

BlackBerry Technical Support
    BlackBerry
    NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377
    UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
    Europe: +44 1753 558400
    Worldwide: +1-647-426-1108
    Email: help@blackberry.com
    Web: www.blackberry.com

Posted by my majestic Passport
    09-28-16 12:57 PM
    A polite way to say screw off. Nice.
    09-30-16 09:00 AM
    Solution: I lost Link after ITunes updated on my PC. I did System restore on Windows to before the update and I was able to connect to Link. But now my ITunes won't open.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 11:14 AM
    Solution: I lost Link after ITunes updated on my PC. I did System restore on Windows to before the update and I was able to connect to Link. But now my ITunes won't open.

Posted via CB10
    I used Windows to backup then reload and it loaded in a corrupted backup into my Passport which is why I contacted @BlackBerryHelp & @JohnChen Asking when a new version of Link would be released, that's when I received the call the the email above.

Posted by my majestic Passport
    09-30-16 03:26 PM
    Yeah Link doesn't work for me anymore.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 11:29 PM
    Do a complete removal, including all the related registry and folders. Then re-install.

Works for me.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    10-01-16 01:44 AM
    This doesn't work and based on others in the Blackberry support forum a lot of people now have this problem.

Blackberry get working on a solution because if you can't backup your bb10 phones anymore then your whole integrity about whether you're going to support android phones is going to be gone too.
    10-01-16 07:30 PM
    Link also stopped working for me from a few days back - from the timing, it seems to have stopped working after a Windows10 Update by MS. I read somewhere that installing the latest Blend Software seems to also install an Update for Link. I tried that earlier today - downloaded the latest version of Blend from Blackberry.Com and when I got to install it, it did seem to have an Update for Link too. After the installation of the latest version of Blend on my Laptop, Link also seems to be working again!! I hope this helps!
    10-02-16 08:11 AM