09-29-14 07:32 PM
58 123
tools
    It's a BlackBerry flagship! Not other company flagship! And. They should show some appreciation to their loyal customer base, the leather holster was always the thing that separated BlackBerry from every other phone out there..

Posted via CB10
    So is it a pricing issue or just a holster issue, or both?
    09-25-14 05:57 AM
    So not only did BlackBerry insult it's loyal users who have chosen to stay with them and not migrate to apple or android.. they don't include a leather holster with the passport.. wtf is this? Why is john Chen so cheap for?

Also, what's with BlackBerry saying "we priced the passport competitively to compete with other smartphones".. $699 is competitive? Since when? And yes I already know it's $599 in the USA but it should be the same in Canada.

I am disappointed with BlackBerry and johnny Chen. As a veteran of these forums and one of the founding members I am insulted.

Not happy, Johhny Chen you should be ashamed of yourself for doing this, especially to the country where your product was created. I am very angry with them and Sackharry will not be buying one anytime soon with a $699 price tag + taxes which will come to over $800!!!

Posted via CB10
    That's a load of BS

Go to iPhone then.

How much is the new 6 in Canada plus tax off contract?

Go ahead please leave.

And show me apples leather pouch.
    And tell me how much apple proprietary connectors cost and car chargers

Please do all the math and then show me the difference in price

Posted via CB10
    redsaph and Q10Bold like this.
    09-25-14 06:03 AM
    Sure that my Bold 9900 came with a leather pouch in the box and when released it was the BB flag ship device.

Disappointed that the Passport comes without one, but hardly a deal breaker.

Was a bit of a dumb decision to launch the phone at Selfridges and not have any cases to buy with it though. Surely not a huge logistical problem to make some cases as the dimensions of the phone have been known for ages.

Who wants to fork out for a new phone and risk scratching it or marking it because you can't buy a case to keep it in at the same time ?
    09-25-14 06:19 AM
    Not even the $2400 Porsche design phone comes with a case!
    Most people end up buying their own anyway so I don't really care that it doesn't have an included case.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 06:25 AM
    Has nobody thought that wearing your mobile on a belt holster could be something that Blackberry is trying to get away from. It is hardly a dynamic image is it. It is a look for Geography teachers and your granddad neither of whom are Blackberry's core demographic.

I for one have binned every free holster that has ever come with my BBs
    09-25-14 06:36 AM
    Does anyone really want to wear that thing on their hip?
    09-25-14 06:39 AM
    What about carrying it around the neck?
    LOL

BlackBerry insults it's loyal users yet again: No leather case and whoopping 9 pricetag!-img_20140925_141121.png

(Ultra Slim Travel Neck Carrier)
    :-P

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-25-14 07:13 AM
    So not only did BlackBerry insult it's loyal users who have chosen to stay with them and not migrate to apple or android.. they don't include a leather holster with the passport.. wtf is this? Why is john Chen so cheap for?

Also, what's with BlackBerry saying "we priced the passport competitively to compete with other smartphones".. $699 is competitive? Since when? And yes I already know it's $599 in the USA but it should be the same in Canada.

I am disappointed with BlackBerry and johnny Chen. As a veteran of these forums and one of the founding members I am insulted.

Not happy, Johhny Chen you should be ashamed of yourself for doing this, especially to the country where your product was created. I am very angry with them and Sackharry will not be buying one anytime soon with a $699 price tag + taxes which will come to over $800!!!

Posted via CB10
    I think US pricing is great.. it all depends on the market. as far as accessories, i'm not sure of a phone in the market that comes with these things.
    09-25-14 07:17 AM
    I have used Seidio holster combo cases on my list 3 BlackBerries and I am wondering how it will look on my hip?
    Like I posted elsewhere it may seem geeky or not cool, but

I never miss a call- vibrate/ring works even with loud music and loud environments

I have never "left" my phone somewhere

With the combo I have never lost a phone

Am quick to answer - gunslinger style

My wife has a Q10 AND a S3, good luck calling her and getting an answer - no pockets, they are in her handbag, she never hears the ring, they were on her desk, she was downstairs etc etc

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.2.1.2977
    09-25-14 07:28 AM
    I never once used anything that came in the box with a BlackBerry other than the charger. The holster is/was a waste of money.

Selling things like that separately is a revenue opportunity and also an opportunity to give people some choices.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 07:51 AM
    i'd rather have the passport on verizon that a &%@#(%&$#(%&$#% leather holsters. Are you kidding me?

Isn't it hypocritical to call Blackberry cheap for not giving you a leather holster when it is obvious you're too cheap to go buy your own accessories?
    09-25-14 07:57 AM
    As a long term forum visitor of CRACKBERRY, somehow you think that entitles you to benefits from BLACKBERRY.

1d10T G0AT

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    redsaph likes this.
    09-25-14 09:55 AM
    People like this are never happy and ppl will come to crackberry and see these threads and ruin their rep

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by rajbir01; 09-25-14 at 01:13 PM.
    redsaph likes this.
    09-25-14 09:58 AM
    I agree, the leather holster and a cradle should have been available immediately at launch.

Posted via CB10 from Z30
    Available for purchase yes. Not like the OP wants it for free as if BlackBerry owes him one.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 10:16 AM
    To the OP, nothing included is ever free. Would you rather everyone get a holster and Chen charge $649US? Would that make you happy? I'd rather the price be lower and the consumer decide if they want a holster or not.
    09-25-14 10:27 AM
    Looks like BlackBerry users are very easily offended..

pin:2B7CAF06
    kbz1960 and redsaph like this.
    09-25-14 10:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    You're hilarious. I dunno how you can take any of that personally, let alone as an insult. And 700 is competitive. It's cheaper than the iPhone6 16GB. It's cheaper than the Note 3 was at launch. It is priced accordingly. I'm sorry you can't seem to keep up with the times, being a "founding member" and all (hahaha). But inflation is a thing. Why would you expect a masterfully crafted bit of hardware with the latest and greatest internals to cost the same as your single core BlackBerrys of yesteryear?

This is far from an insult. It's reality. Get a grip on it.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    redsaph likes this.
    09-25-14 10:35 AM
    Yeah and 90% of people didn't use or liked that holster and preferred a case our pouch. It's a serious waste of money to include a holster... better let clients choose

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-25-14 10:42 AM
    Lol, you didn't get an accessory and you're insulted? Well, you're fun. Accessories are called accessories because it does not contribute a major part on the device. And as YOU KNOW, since you're pretty old (and a founding member), John Chen's number one priority is to bring revenue and profits to BlackBerry. You're such a cheapskate.

Oh, you are a veteran. Haven't you heard? A 16gb iPhone 6 is more expensive than the Passport! And if you're "insulted" that the Passport is more expensive in Canada, well think: one, BlackBerry is trying to regain the most influential market -- the US. Two, you could always go to a border city in the US to get your Passport. And three, you could always get one after a year or so, when the rest of the world has moved on.

Posted via CB10
    He should be ashamed of himself? He's the new BlackBerry God! YOU should be ashamed for thinking poorly on our god! You should recheck your status because NEWSFLASH you're as plain as us.

And your rant will do nothing to the price. Your inability to purchase the Passport will be nothing to BlackBerry anyway.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-25-14 11:10 AM
    It's a BlackBerry flagship! Not other company flagship! And. They should show some appreciation to their loyal customer base, the leather holster was always the thing that separated BlackBerry from every other phone out there..

Posted via CB10
    Show some appreciation? It's not a foregone conclusion that everyone even uses those.

It's wasteful to include stuff like that. I'd rather BlackBerry skip giving out a leather holster that would gather dust in many people's drawers, and save what money that costs, and use it for more useful things.. because I care about the company, not some leather case.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 11:25 AM
    gripe on uk price approved. gripe on holster - denied

seriously, they aren't going to give you a holster, and I can't see any trend that makes me feel they should. However, carriers may well do deals for things like that - Carphone Warehouse for example did a deal for the q10 around launch where you coudl get the phone free, and a bluetooth speaker or something else. I chose a leather flip case. Maybe worth having a look at what we see advertised over the next few days. Happy hunting!
    09-25-14 11:32 AM
    At lesst itds better than the pricing on Amazon. There is a company selling them on Amazon in the US for 799! Oooooouch

Posted with my Q10
    09-25-14 02:16 PM
    BlackBerry kindly sent me a free leather case for my new Passport cos i'm such a nice guy
    09-25-14 02:20 PM
    Guys may seem like a stupid question, but in the BlackBerry store US its 599 including taxes and shipping?????

I checked it out and that's what I understood, but before I ship it to my forwarding address, I thought if any of u bought it from that source and what's the bottom price?

Ps. 599 is an incredible price for a flagship of this calibre, it's a great tool and worth that price.

As for the included leather pouch, yes it really pissed me off when BlackBerry stopped including them, as I used to find it a perfect solution, like " u have everything u need in the box" sensation, I used to wish they would add a screen protector actually.

Buuut that never stopped me from upgrading religiously to every freaking flagship they ever launched!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 02:34 PM
    Looks like BlackBerry users are very easily offended..

pin:2B7CAF06
    Not all of them. You will always have some people whining for everything. I bet they will complain even is the phone sold for $100 and no case. ROFL

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 02:40 PM
58 123