Hi all, I'm having a problem I loaned my unlocked Z30 to a friend and although we returned it to factory settings it's insisting on associating the phone with my BlackBerry ID, how do I change this so I can use my BlackBerry ID on my Passport and he can use his ID on the Z30?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-16 07:28 PM
    You are going to have to go into Blackberry Protect on your PC and remove it from your profile: https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/...&locale=ZW4%3D AND also you will have to disable Protect on the Z30 under Settings/Blackberry Protect then your friend can add the Z30 to his/her profile.

edit: look under Manage Devices on the Blackberry Protect page to remove the device
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    08-19-16 07:52 PM
    You are going to have to go into Blackberry Protect on your PC and remove it from your profile: https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/...&locale=ZW4%3D AND also you will have to disable Protect on the Z30 under Settings/Blackberry Protect then your friend can add the Z30 to his/her profile.
    Oh! Ok I can do that, although I don't think I ever put BlackBerry Protect on my PC.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-16 07:54 PM
    Oh! Ok I can do that, although I don't think I ever put BlackBerry Protect on my PC.

Posted via CB10
    It's not a program that you "put" on your PC, it's just a sign-in web page by Blackberry.
    08-19-16 07:56 PM
    Haha ok! I signed in to BlackBerry Protect and removed the Z30 thanks.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    08-19-16 08:18 PM
    Haha ok! I signed in to BlackBerry Protect and removed the Z30 thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Explore that website--has lots of cool things you can do !
    08-19-16 08:27 PM
    Thanks again and yes I noticed! I've never bothered looking at the BlackBerry Protect website before. I will now.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-16 08:30 PM
    So are you saying the phone you wiped won't let him sign on?...also does your device that is not wiped have the id your trying to use for his phone? Cause I had this problem with my mom and brothers phone and it was a nightmare to fix.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-16 01:50 AM
    Hi all, I'm having a problem I loaned my unlocked Z30 to a friend and although we returned it to factory settings it's insisting on associating the phone with my BlackBerry ID, how do I change this so I can use my BlackBerry ID on my Passport and he can use his ID on the Z30?

Posted via CB10
    You need to turn off BlackBerry Protect on the BlackBerry device as well before wiping.

BlackBerry Since 2006. SE/Priv/DTEK50
    08-21-16 04:59 AM
    You need to turn off BlackBerry Protect on the BlackBerry device as well before wiping.

BlackBerry Since 2006. SE/Priv/DTEK50
    Yeah -- see post #2
    08-21-16 07:53 AM
    So are you saying the phone you wiped won't let him sign on?...also does your device that is not wiped have the id your trying to use for his phone? Cause I had this problem with my mom and brothers phone and it was a nightmare to fix.

Posted via CB10
    Yes but it was suggested that I go into BlackBerryProtect .com and remove my Z30. I did and it worked, now my friend (daughter's boyfriend actually) can use my old Z30 haha I wonder if we'll have a convert to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-16 04:06 PM