11-23-14 03:23 PM
100 1234
tools
    All my Q10 did was reboot. Think they'd fix that problem right? Nope. My passport is worse. My passport has frozen and rebooted itself 6 times already today. Yes, 6. And all when I needed it most. I'm getting sick and tired of this bs. I've been a blackberry user forever and i love this phone, when it works. BB10 is still very buggy in my opinion and it's just not up to snuff in a lot of areas. Come on blackberry. BB10 has been on the market for what seems like forever now

Posted via CB10 for Passport
    We as humans are more important than $ we spend on buying technology we humans created. Just get another phone which doesn't reboot on you when you need it the most. Humans themselves aren't perfect so how can something they create be perfect as well?

I am sure you have tried BlackBerry Expert Centre for support before posting here so won't get in to that bit...

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-13-14 11:47 PM
    Crackling earpiece on two different devices? Constant reboots on different devices? I'm thinking something in your daily environment is affecting your phones. Either that or you are really unlucky. Do you work in harsh environments? Even manufacturing facilities can have airborne particles that could affect electronic devices. Too bad you don't want any help. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. There are three things in common here that should be looked into to troubleshoot.

1- Same manufacturer
    2-Same OS
    3-Same user

If I was doing the troubleshooting, the odds of getting 3 different model phones and having them all exhibit the same problem would point to the environment the user is in or the way they use the phone. The crackling speakers are what sounds the alarm to me. Was this not a reported problem with people who work in areas where there are metal particulates in the air?

In my immediate circle, we have 4 Z10's, 2 Q5's, 2 Q10's and 2 Z30's. Out of all of those BB10 phones, only 1 Z10 has a mild reboot problem. My own rebooted twice in the first year I had it, both times after a fall and not since. My sister's Z30 rebooted for first day she had it until we discovered her snap on case was doing something screwy to the phone, hasn't done it since. All other BB10 phones of people I know , no random reboots.

I'm not saying some BB10 phones don't have issues, but 3 in a row? There has to be more to it than just the phone. Either that, or the OP has to be the unluckiest person in the world.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    11-14-14 12:45 AM
    I've been collecting lately... own Z10, Z30 and Q10. My Z10 has had reboot issues. On the other phones I haven't experienced it at all.

I decided to get the Z fixed after quite a while and it got replaced. Haven't been experiencing reboots since. The reboots are 9 out of 10 hardware related if they are frequent. Otherwise the OS is with the most stable of them all, and I've used them all...

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 01:08 AM
    I don't have any rebooting issues with my Q10 and I haven't had any in the past year and 5 months since I've gotten it. I'm assuming it's a bad application you're installing. Do you install any Android applications?

And instead of restoring from a previous backup, I would start fresh. If you keep installing the same backup and getting the same results, then it's probably something corrupt in the backup.

I know it's a pain, but it's better to try things like this than to buy a new $600+ phone.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-14-14 02:02 AM
    While I understand your frustration, I never had a reboot problem on my Q10 or Z10. Day 2 with the Passport and no reboots so far.

Maybe you keep backing up and restoring your problem?

Maybe the case you may be using is the problem?

Maybe the power button is pressed long enough while in your pocket?

Maybe it's an Android app?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 02:05 AM
    Do a fresh installation. Limit your non native apps.

"May I see your Passport please?"
    11-14-14 02:14 AM
    I can just share my experience on this.
    Yesterday I went to watch a cricket match so I really wanted my phone to hold on the entire day (around 13 hours) so I pulled off my phone from the charger at 9am. I really didn't want my phone to do anything so had even restarted my phone (soft) before going off to sleep. At around 12 in the day my phone started losing battery really quick. Around 8% went down in 5-7 minutes on standby. I checked the device monitor, system and standby was eating battery. I switched off data services hoping to stop the decline. It didn't and so it happened in about an hour I lost 20+% of battery on standby with data services off. The time when I wanted my phone to go on it just went on eating battery for nothing. Yes I was frustrated. I know everyone here is going to tell me reload the OS but my question why should such a situation arise even. And reloading the OS is not a very short process, it takes a good 5-6 hours. Yes I love BlackBerry. I really feel its the best OS but on such occasions I really feel like throwing my phone away. I have attached some screenshots as well.

BlackBerry is getting on my last nerve.-img_20141113_152248.png

BlackBerry is getting on my last nerve.-img_20141113_152253.png

Eventually I had to hard reset my phone to stop it but my phone wasn't there for me when I wanted it.

BlackBerry is getting on my last nerve.-img_20141113_152255.png

See the decline, that whole time on standby it just kept eating battery.

My suggestion : like there is a BlackBerry guardian, there should be something of the sort for the phone which keeps ironing out bugs in the software in the background. Something like a self heal.

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    11-14-14 03:03 AM
    You're making a direct accusation of an OS problem but you're not specifying any possible details to why your phone is constantly rebooting? It's not that I don't believe you but this thread sounds trollish to me.

Crackbarian here are trying to help you resolve the problem but you're still steering away from answering some of their questions and you continue to bash the OS.

I call this BS because I've had my phone for over 3 weeks and have never once rebooted on me. This is the most stable OS I have ever used.
    11-14-14 03:18 AM
    650 posts trolling is not very likely is it? I believe OP has issues with the phones, it's electronics sometimes the devices just suck balls. Rebooting is not normal, not OS induced, if you have a the hardware that it was intended to be.

Get the device repaired that's my only advice. I waited and hoped to get mine fixed for way too long.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 03:29 AM
    My Z10 had some reboot issues early on, but it fixed itself with a later upgrade. My 9900 blew out its loud speaker after 18 months of using a very loud alarm. My Z10 earpiece crackled after 20 months. I had come to learn that my very harsh work environment , (steel dust in the air) was likely a contributing cause. So here is what I did: I took my phone to a repair shop and had it fixed. Paid for the fix and moved on.

If you are convinced BlackBerry is your problem, sell your BlackBerry and get an iPhone. It's just money. Why be so unhappy over a problem you believe can be eliminated for a few hundred bucks? Cut your loses and move on.

Posted via CB10
    bakron1, thymaster and andy957 like this.
    11-14-14 03:35 AM
    I haven't had any reboot issues on my 2 passports and if you think you will solve the issue by moving to a different OS, your dead wrong.

I had a note 4 to test for a week and I had major issues with the fingerprint scanner not working properly and apps crashing in Android 4.4 and my iPhone 6 was not perfect either, it also froze and still has lag and freezing issues after updating to 8.2.

I use my passport as my daily driver and I will put up with the few little quirks it has to be more productive. Just my two cents.
    11-14-14 04:49 AM
    The op is upset that blackberry 10 is not perfect like it should be. It's a young platform give it another year. So far I love what I'm seeing and better yet I'm seeing it all on the perfect screen of the passport.

Windmere
    11-14-14 05:56 AM
    It takes 30 seconds to make a thread and 6+ hours to reload an os and get all of my content back on it. Hmm

Posted via CB10 for Passport
    6 hours? Are you using a 10 year old computer? You're exaggerating. At most it takes 2 hours. Minimum it takes me is 1 hour.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-14-14 06:47 AM
    I can just share my experience on this.
    Yesterday I went to watch a cricket match so I really wanted my phone to hold on the entire day (around 13 hours) so I pulled off my phone from the charger at 9am. I really didn't want my phone to do anything so had even restarted my phone (soft) before going off to sleep. At around 12 in the day my phone started losing battery really quick. Around 8% went down in 5-7 minutes on standby. I checked the device monitor, system and standby was eating battery. I switched off data services hoping to stop the decline. It didn't and so it happened in about an hour I lost 20+% of battery on standby with data services off. The time when I wanted my phone to go on it just went on eating battery for nothing. Yes I was frustrated. I know everyone here is going to tell me reload the OS but my question why should such a situation arise even. And reloading the OS is not a very short process, it takes a good 5-6 hours. Yes I love BlackBerry. I really feel its the best OS but on such occasions I really feel like throwing my phone away. I have attached some screenshots as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141113_152248.png 
Views:	892 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	314269

Name:	IMG_20141113_152253.png 
Views:	892 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	314270

Eventually I had to hard reset my phone to stop it but my phone wasn't there for me when I wanted it.

Name:	IMG_20141113_152255.png 
Views:	888 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	314271

See the decline, that whole time on standby it just kept eating battery.

My suggestion : like there is a BlackBerry guardian, there should be something of the sort for the phone which keeps ironing out bugs in the software in the background. Something like a self heal.

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    Were you able to watch the cricket in spite of the unexpected loss of battery longevity?

In any case, the screenshot shows that "system" is using 31% of the battery. Just because you don't know or understand why the device is doing something doesn't mean that it isn't doing something sensible. It could be doing housekeeping of some sort, or in spite of turning data off there could have been cell reception problems causing a higher burn rate (perhaps more likely if you were in a large crowd of people with mobile devices all demanding access to a particular nearby cell tower), or something else altogether.

The self healing software would be nice but will remain science fiction got some more years I think. Serious AI required for software to even recognise many types of fault, never mind repair them. Of course obviously runaway processes could be killed and stuff like that, but then people would be complaining about things restarting. There is no absolute solution that will make everyone happy.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-14-14 07:39 AM
    Had my passport before the launch day in UK...

Apart from if I manually reboot, the device stays on. Yours might be an isolated issue, OP... Contact your manufacturer or the like.
    11-14-14 07:47 AM
    The problem is mostly, because u r restoring your data and apps!
    Do a fresh install of the latest OS available here and DO NOT restore anything!! See if u still get the random reboots.
    Installing a fresh OS takes 5-10 mins! Not 6 hours

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 08:06 AM
    I never had problem with my bb10 os. Try not.to install apps after a swipe.

Posted using my awesome Z10STL100-2. 22. PHL.
    11-14-14 08:09 AM
    BTW, I was a BlackBerry 10 user since April last year, Not even 1 phone (Z10 STL1,STL2, Z30, Q10) had random reboots or any issue!

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 08:10 AM
    Count me in as one of the lucky ones. The only time I had a problem with my Q10 was because the battery was faulty. That was after a year of use.

My Bold 9930 and dare I say Storm were great phones with no problems.

I thinking a reload. The OP night not the time but if you encounter an issue with an iPhone (which does happen) you have to do a reload. Or worse drive to the damn store.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 08:11 AM
    Make sure not to restore from backup if you decide to reload the OS

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-14-14 08:29 AM
    This can be a defected item, you might consider returning it.

My Nexus 7 also reboot like once per 2 days (well, not as crazy as yours 6 times a day...) when the only thing I was doing was browsing the internet on Chrome with only 3 ~ 5 tabs opened; on the other hand, same OS Android my wife never need to reboot her SS Galaxy and she's playing games.
    11-14-14 08:31 AM
    My non professional opinion: check your android apps as they can interfere and bug the OS causing the device to reboot!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wireless
    11-14-14 08:36 AM
    Mate, he bought a brand new Passport, probably no more than a month old, if that, and it has the most frustrating issue a phone should have - it doesnt work

This issue isnt new. I've had it, OP has it, and many people have had it.
    I've owned several Blackberry's and several iPhones, and never have I had any issued with Apple products, it was always something with Blackberry products, even though I prefer BBRY over AAPL.

I'm assuming youve never had this issue with any of your Blackberrys because if you've had, you'd surely understand

- In the middle of a phone call? Lel, lemme restart that phone for you, give me 5 minutes, lad
    - Oh, I got an email...let me just slide left to the Hu-- lel just kidding, lemme restart that phone for you, give me 5 minutes, lad
    - Let me put on a playlist to plug into my headpho-- lel, lemme restart that phone for you, give me 5 minutes, lad

Want to fix it?
    Yeah let me just spend 8+ hours reformatting (with no guarantee it will resolve the issue)

Or call BBRY for software support, spend literally HOURS getting either nothing done, or them telling you to reformat, so add on another 8+ hours (with no guarantee it will resolve the issue)

Or call BBRY for software and/or hardware support, spend literally HOURS till they finally issue a refund or replacement, you have to go down to the post, ship it, wait for them to get it, wait for them to process the return/replacement, wait for them ship the new one. Well, looks like you're 7+ days without a phone now because BBRY just couldnt get it right.

Aint
    nobody
    got
    time
    for
    that
    My Z10 was awful for reboots. I also remember setting up a customers Q10 for her - when I put it down on the counter to show her how to set everything up the minute I put it down what did it do? Yup. Reboot. And it wasn't because of an app restore, I'd been off BB for some time and didn't have a compatible backup to restore so it was started fresh.

I had the reboot in calls. It was frustrating as hell. This isn't anything new for BB10.
    hobbes_nyc likes this.
    11-14-14 08:40 AM
    i really don't understand, if you have a problem send it back and either get a refund or a new device, it is under a warranty unless you did something to void it?..i have had issues with other devices, and i just return it and have it replaced...its not a tough thing to do
    11-14-14 08:40 AM
    My dad had a reboot problem. Turns out the power button was getting stuck on the case.

Posted via CB10
    I had this problem with the case (for my z30) too. I had to enlarge the power-button hole in the case so that the power button wouldn't get stuck in the hole, half-way pressed
    11-14-14 08:42 AM
100 1234