Has anyone come across a solution for the contacts mess on BlackBerry 10
    I mean I have speant time organizing my contacts linking them correcting them etc... After a day or so all the links have come undone and it's back to square one. I had this on my Q10 and I feel like it's followed me here like some paranormal contact list destroying entity....Is this a known bug...and does anyone have a solution.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 03:16 PM
    I don't keep any of my contacts locally. I have a gmail account and I keep all my contacts there. It is a lot easier to manage it that way and you don't have to worry about device to device transfer.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 03:22 PM
    I don't keep any of my contacts locally. I have a gmail account and I keep all my contacts there. It is a lot easier to manage it that way and you don't have to worry about device to device transfer.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, I use outlook and only save contacts to that account. In other words, when adding new contact, it will give you the option where to save to. I uncheck everything except my hotmail(outlook) account. Haven't had any problems since. I also use Backup Pro to backup/restore all my data. Hope this helps

? Posted with the brilliance of my Z30 ?
    10-22-14 03:27 PM
    Honestly, I found that all of my problems were solved by NOT syncing all of my email platforms to my phone. I went through the slog of updating everything between gmail and hotmail, then just synced my hotmaill (outlook) accounts to my phone.

I find the formatting on outlook to be better, and it saves the contact pictures I so painstakingly added. So, when I switched from my Q10 to the passport, it was perfect the first time.

I added my linkedin and my twitter, still perfect. I don't have facebook, so that's not an issue.

I DO have a work email as well, using activesync, but again, I made sure all of that data was in hotmail, so no issues.

My phone syncs to the device and outlook only for contacts. Zero issues. Simply perfect, right out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 03:35 PM
    All my contacts are in my Exchange ActiveSync account (sync email only on other accounts), and they are always there for me when I switch phones. I've spent time making sure my contacts are clean and consistent, and I rarely if ever have any issues with them, most links between accounts are automatically added, and when I do have to add a link, it stays added.
    10-22-14 03:38 PM
    So, to reiterate, I just don't use the "link" feature, because when you link them, I find it doesn't update anything on my outlook (hotmail) account.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 03:39 PM
    I store and sync all my contacts information on Outlook (Hotmail) for much less headache and ease of device transfer if needed. Other people use Gmail, and that works just as well. I stopped trying to 'link' things a while ago and just let the contact list be the way it is because any linkages you create on the Contacts are only persisted on the device so comes the time for new device, you have to re-do them again, so I no longer bother.
    Matt Bee likes this.
    10-22-14 03:40 PM
    Funnily enough earlier tonight I was in my hub and saw that some text messages didn't have a contact name attached to them. So checked my contacts app and instead of 60 contacts that I have synced to my Gmail account...all of them had disappeared and only BBM contacts were showing.

Rebooted and all is well but it does seem like the contacts unlinking themselves is happening again. I had it on my Z10 and it annoyed me to no end, never had it happen on my Z30 tho.

Pain to link all my contacts back again.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 04:10 PM