I'd like to know this as well. I currently use Safedrive and its okay but one of its limitations is how it can only read out to you either sms OR one email account. You have to choose what it will read back to you during setup. I need a hands free system that will read ro me sms, ALL email accounts AND BBMs.

Posted from my z10
    centralpark likes this.
    01-04-15 07:20 AM
    Can't people drive anymore without HAVING to read a text and reply to it? Is it so important it can't wait? I can understand hands free talking and if someone really needs something from you why don't they call?

Anyway, it is nice some systems read and type your texts and stuff.
    01-04-15 07:41 AM
    I'm an auto body repairman and I am totally in favor of distracted driving. ABS, traction control and DUI awareness were devastating to my business. Throw in less snow and ice due to global warming, and there just weren't enough accidents to consistently support the industry.

So my advise is to figure out how to do as many things at once as possible, and if you cannot do it hands free, hold the wheel with your knee.

Several multi-billion dollar industries from collision repair centers to parts and paint manufacturers and even insurance companies, legal firms and trauma centers depend on business created by texting and driving. We are counting on your poor judgement. Don't let us down.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, tg1 and Tim-ANC like this.
    01-04-15 08:23 AM
    I tried using BlackBerry assistant today to make a phone call and it wouldn't allow me saying that I was driving and that it wasn't safe! So instead I had to look down at my phone and dial the number while driving. Boy that's a lot safer! Sarcasm! Is there a setting I need to turn off?

Posted via CB10
    I think it will not work unless a Bluetooth comm device is connected. I made several texts and replied to an email with my phone in my jacket pocket the whole time.

The process wasn't without some verbal trail and error but it got the job done eventually.

Find it more frustrating looking for a certain POI. Tried to find my bank's closest branch to me the other day. Didn't do it until I simply did a generic search for "bank", instead of the exact branch name. Word choice is important.

BA is darn good but certainly not perfect.
    01-06-15 02:37 PM
    Thanks. But my cars Bluetooth was connected and active. I will have to re-evaluate when? I'm not driving. Knowing that it works is a good start. Much appreciated.

Brought to you by my Awesome BlackBerry Passport.
    01-06-15 02:44 PM
    Can't people drive anymore without HAVING to read a text and reply to it? Is it so important it can't wait? I can understand hands free talking and if someone really needs something from you why don't they call?

Anyway, it is nice some systems read and type your texts and stuff.
    I don't have a passport yet. On my BBOS, I used the Vlingo app to read the first 30 words of an incoming message on my commute. By the time I got to the office, I was pretty much caught up instead of having to spend another half hour doing so. I appreciated the efficiency.
    01-08-15 07:49 AM
    I'm an auto body repairman and I am totally in favor of distracted driving. ABS, traction control and DUI awareness were devastating to my business. Throw in less snow and ice due to global warming, and there just weren't enough accidents to consistently support the industry.

Posted via CB10
    Funny. Maybe you should get into the retro QNX system install business for older vehicles.
    01-08-15 07:51 AM
    It only does that for me if I'm connected to my car
    For regular BT headset it does not give the restricted message.

This is how it should be. I don't want idiots looking up stuff on the Internet while driving!

Posted via CB10

WTH? Context : for me, safety limitations are only present when connected to an actual car BT system, commands are not limited when connected to regular BT headsets.
    It wasn't like this in 10.2, but is in 10.3.
    01-08-15 08:00 AM
    Um, it misheard you perhaps? Thought you were trying to do something else that was restricted.

Try again. Instead of potentially causing an accident.

Posted via CB10

Dang... this was in response to someone saying voice dialing was disabled "for safety reasons". It obviously is not.
    01-08-15 08:02 AM
    This feature request has more to do with enabling me to be more productive at different times. Besides driving, it comes in handy when doing the dishes, shopping, watching little kids, walking down the road, etc...

This feature rocks on Cortana because it enables you to interact with your phone w/o using your hands...
    01-08-15 09:53 AM
    I have a Q5 with 10.2.1. Assistant works good in quiet environments but in the car with highway speeds and snow tires there's too much background noise for it to work in my car

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 10:17 AM
36 12