I want accurate and helpful hands off use when drive. I know it's early in PP life but would like feedback in the usability of BA. Thanks.
    09-28-14 08:28 AM
    I've been using bba on my z30 running the leaked 10.3
    It's actually very good, and actually understands foreign names (Asian names, Arabic names, etc) very well. Almost no other voice assistant I've tried has been able to do that.

My only wish is that it could select dictation language based on contact, for example french for some, English for others

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 08:44 AM
    BlackBerry assistant is surprisingly good on my Passport. Definitely can handle some eyes-free phone operation, though any operation on the road is irresponsible.

Posted with Passport via CB10
    09-28-14 09:46 AM
    Does it have a hands free beer bottle opener?
    09-28-14 11:20 AM
    This is great to hear. I'm hoping the Classic is just as good.

Aside, I'm not sure how talking to your phone or talking to someone on your phone is any different or irresponsible.
    09-28-14 12:44 PM
    Yes assistant is good while driving. HOWEVER. Distracted driving is now the number one cause of accidents.

It CAN happen to you.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5769508) likes this.
    09-28-14 12:47 PM
    my favourite use case in the car is to have it read incoming messages. I.e. I just tell it to "read last message from..." and it will find it, regardless if it's bbm, email, etc. Does a great job of it too. Can also say " read message from ..... on monday" for example. Love this for driving and not getting distracted.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 12:51 PM
    It's infinitely better than the old voice control on 10.2.1. It was unusable for me whilst driving because it didn't seem to have noise cancellation. The new one picks up everything and actually initiates the command immediately after me speaking. The old one would time out then try to make sense of what it heard, or I'd have to push the Play button.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 05:33 PM
    My only wish is that it could select dictation language based on contact, for example french for some, English for others
    Yeah, it's a limitation I'd always felt...
    09-28-14 06:30 PM
    Does it allow you to search the internet while paired?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 08:04 PM
    I had vlingo on my Torch. It was great for reading messages while driving. I was sorry the app wasn't made for BB10.
    09-29-14 08:41 AM
    Does it allow you to search the internet while paired?

Posted via CB10
    Yes.
    09-30-14 07:45 PM
    Initially it allowed me to search internet, now it says something like "while paired to Bluetooth device for safety reasons, BlackBerry assistance cannot open apps or search the internet".
    Lame.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 09:16 AM
    Initially it allowed me to search internet, now it says something like "while paired to Bluetooth device for safety reasons, BlackBerry assistance cannot open apps or search the internet".
    Lame.

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean 'now'?
    10-19-14 03:02 PM
    It was working fine to search the internet when I first got the phone but I tried the other day and it gave me the "for safety reasons" speach. Must have done an update.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 10:38 PM
    It was working fine to search the internet when I first got the phone but I tried the other day and it gave me the "for safety reasons" speach. Must have done an update.
    Well that's rather dumb. I use bluetooth at work with my phone all the time. So now I can't do a voice search just cause bluetooth is connected, stupid.
    10-20-14 07:03 AM
    Well that's rather dumb. I use bluetooth at work with my phone all the time. So now I can't do a voice search just cause bluetooth is connected, stupid.
    This is my main complaint with BlackBerry Assistant.

T-Mobile STL100-1 10.3.1.938
    10-27-14 05:37 AM
    I think the Blackberry assistant works pretty well for me. I mainly use it for sending messages and getting business location information while I am in the car and it works quite well for me.
    10-27-14 08:33 AM
    Its a POS that doesnt understand what is said and just searches the internet for everything
    10-27-14 11:21 AM
    my favourite use case in the car is to have it read incoming messages. I.e. I just tell it to "read last message from..." and it will find it, regardless if it's bbm, email, etc. Does a great job of it too. Can also say " read message from ..... on monday" for example. Love this for driving and not getting distracted.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure I understand. It sounds like it won't automatically read an incoming message but instead needs to rely on you knowing "who" sent you something and you then asking BBA to read it to you? Is that what you are describing?

Posted from my z10
    10-27-14 11:37 AM
    Cortana in WP8 has the ability to automatically read incoming text messages via Bluetooth, w/o the user/driver having to touch the phone. This ability is awesome when driving. It enables the driver to focus on the road w/o having to touch their phone.

Does BBA have the ability to do this? As of now, it seems that I have to press the mute key in order to activate BBA, then I can tell it to read to me my last message. This is extremely inconvenient and unsafe compared to using Cortana on WP8.
    01-03-15 02:16 PM
    Cortana in WP8 has the ability to automatically read incoming text messages via Bluetooth, w/o the user/driver having to touch the phone. This ability is awesome when driving. It enables the driver to focus on the road w/o having to touch their phone.

Does BBA have the ability to do this? As of now, it seems that I have to press the mute key in order to activate BBA, then I can tell it to read to me my last message. This is extremely inconvenient and unsafe compared to using Cortana on WP8.
    I was just wishing for this feature myself. BA does not do this as far as I can tell. I think there is an app DriveSafely or something like that which will however, least there was on BBOS.
    01-03-15 02:19 PM
    Thanks for replying so quickly. It comes in handy when driving, doing the dishes, shopping, watching little kids, walking down the road, etc...

Most importantly, it's a HUGE safety feature for driving that I hope Blackberry implements asap.
    01-03-15 02:28 PM
    Does anyone else have any input about the possibility of this feature being available?
    01-03-15 11:40 PM
    I tried using BlackBerry assistant today to make a phone call and it wouldn't allow me saying that I was driving and that it wasn't safe! So instead I had to look down at my phone and dial the number while driving. Boy that's a lot safer! Sarcasm! Is there a setting I need to turn off?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 12:21 AM
36 12