Hi how do I make it so I can make a call I used to type call blablah and it was fast bow takes like 2-3 screens. Anyone I turned off full but still lol

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 12:56 PM
    What?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 01:20 PM
    with the Q10 i just typed "Call soandso" and it did it fine but now it seems to go through a few screens to get to that point. It's not as seamless typing "call someone" as it was without assistant.

Just wondering if there is a way to avoid that
    11-15-14 01:31 PM
    I agree, it's cumbersome. You type call whoever and it brings up the "call whoever" screen like it just really wants you to speak the command next time...then you type yes, and then click on their number. It's silly, I wish there was a way to turn it off...

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 01:35 PM
    I'm reading your question over and over again and I still don't understand you.
    11-15-14 01:39 PM
    I'm reading your question over and over again and I still don't understand you.
    If you've ever used instant actions on the Q the addition of Assistant makes instant actions not so instant..there are several screens, taps etc to get it to do what you want that weren't there before

Posted via CB10
    killkenny1 likes this.
    11-15-14 01:43 PM
    I'm typing "call Ethan" on my home screen and it brings up my friend Ethan with a option to call him. So are you saying when you type whatever, it brings you to BB Assistant microphone instead?

I agree, it's cumbersome. You type call whoever and it brings up the "call whoever" screen like it just really wants you to speak the command next time...then you type yes, and then click on their number. It's silly, I wish there was a way to turn it off...

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 01:46 PM
    Btw, I don't even have to type the word "call", I just type Ethan and it's giving me the same results and more like text messaging and calendar options as well.
    11-15-14 01:47 PM
    BlackBerry assistant ugh disable-img_20141115_124913.png

Yes. Not every time but a lot of times I start typing and I see this, as I keep typing I then half to click on "call whoever" then it asks "call whoever?", click yes, click on their number, "call number?", click yes. Sometimes it's fine, other times I have to go through all that

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 01:51 PM
    Ahh, I know what you mean now. I used to have this problem a while back but it never came back after I played around with it. There is no option to turn on or off as far I know and it's probably a bug in the BB assistant app. However what you can do is type a few letters in the text box above the microphone and don't hit anything else, instead swipe up and close the app. Now try typing something on your home screen and see if it works now.
    11-15-14 02:01 PM