02-28-15 11:11 AM
81 ... 234
tools
    Wow. Surprised that there are those not in love with BA. I use it constantly and it really rocks when integrated with Bluetooth in my car.
    10-14-14 05:50 PM
    Don't use the assistant to look up Mats Sundin stats! It kept wanting to search for Matt's son Dean. Really didn't impress my iphone using buddy. Other than that I regularly use it to set reminders and schedule appointments and meetings, It's pretty good for that. What I really want is a space odyssey HAL 9000!

Q5SQR100-1/10.3.0.1418
    10-14-14 06:08 PM
    Don't use the assistant to look up Mats Sundin stats! It kept wanting to search for Matt's son Dean. Really didn't impress my iphone using buddy. Other than that I regularly use it to set reminders and schedule appointments and meetings, It's pretty good for that. What I really want is a space odyssey HAL 9000!

Q5SQR100-1/10.3.0.1418
    You can't do that Dave.
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    10-14-14 06:47 PM
    Phone assistants are cool but I think they're kinda pointless. I mean, doing tasks by voice is slower than actually tapping the screen imo and what I hate the most is people looking so stupid screaming at their phones for checking the weather.
    Posted via CB10
    There is a HUGE market that would benefit HUGELY with Voice assistants especially with a TTY Relay API plugin.

There are over 30 million hearing impaired people in the United States alone every year and minimum!

Anyone of you remember how the Ghetto BlackBerry raised to fame? Yes the Sidekick!

Someone hearing impaired can use video calling well enough, yet there are just countless use cases to that where only a short amount use cases for video chat or even still there typing helps as an advantage.

Where is a sign -langauge reading application where the front facing camera is utilized??!! Until the vocals maybe faster for us, yet the hearing impaired cannot be as efficient. Auto complete + voice assistance can be a huge win

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    10-14-14 08:17 PM
    BlackBerry Assistant is the first voice recognition software that has ever worked for me consistently. Everything else I've ever used just provided frustration from it not correctly understanding what I was saying. I love it!
    However...
    One thing I'd like to see work different is when you ask for it to "read last text" for it to read the message. Right now it tells you who sent it and when they sent it and then asks if you want to read, reply or more options. It does this even if you say "read last text from (any name)". When I say read it, I want it to be read. Or am I doing something wrong?
    12-02-14 07:54 PM
    BlackBerry Assistant is the first voice recognition software that has ever worked for me consistently. Everything else I've ever used just provided frustration from it not correctly understanding what I was saying. I love it!
    However...
    One thing I'd like to see work different is when you ask for it to "read last text" for it to read the message. Right now it tells you who sent it and when they sent it and then asks if you want to read, reply or more options. It does this even if you say "read last text from (any name)". When I say read it, I want it to be read. Or am I doing something wrong?
    I think they get that speech rec isn't perfect, so instead of just reading a message... which may be from the wrong contact... because of road noise or whatever, they give you the rundown on what they think you asked, and let you confirm the longer operation or choose to do something else.

ie. Call "Matt Sundin" ...
    "Hello"
    "Hello Matt how are you? "
    "Uh, my name is Dean, Matt is my father... perhaps you got the wrong number?"

or "No, I'm Maddison... do I know you? You sound familiar. "

Same for "read the last message from Matt Sundin". If Maddison's last email was five minutes long it would be annoying if it just started reading it and you thinking "wth? Matt is so out of it!"

:-P

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 11:11 AM
81 ... 234