BB Assistant is VERY useful when driving. They should continue tweaking and improving it
    09-28-14 11:35 AM
    None of these things beat Google Now. That's the direction these assistant things need to move.

Posted via CB10
    Dod you watch this video? Google Now looked like some 2 month old child

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    09-28-14 11:42 AM
    The best takeaway from all that is that siri has the benefit of maturity, but will have struggle with keeping the pole position for long.

I am truly shocked about google.

Any comparison like that for cortana?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 and z30
    09-28-14 11:57 AM
    Assistant works very well for me on 10.3.0.1154. Use it mainly for directions and to load music while driving. And for messaging while in the car. It's accuracy has been spectacular for me. A few milliseconds more latency compared to others is less important to me than accuracy.
    damien kupuku and andy957 like this.
    09-28-14 12:12 PM
    The video definitely proves that BA while it's not the best right now and there's still(/always) room for improvement has a pretty good performance out of the starting blocks while compared to the competition so it can only go up from here....
    09-28-14 12:28 PM
    Yes. I agree. But it helps sometimes. Especially while I'm driving.
    It's a basically a trend started by apple.
    Not exactly, it was available on BlackBerry from Nuance way before apple did anything about it (using Nuance technology).
    And even on a lot of low end phones in the first 2000s, even if they just recognized a word you set up on a specific contact. Doesn't let you compose a specific number or contacts you didn't set up.
    It helped a blind friend to use my old Bold 9000, thanks to the physical key too.

It is essential if you have to call someone while driving, or riding a motorcycle...
    andy957 likes this.
    09-28-14 01:36 PM
    Wish they had a "name" for it. Lol then we could say hey "name" what do you think of Siri.....
    I agree. Further, I wish we could personalize the name. I would to call my "Lloyd" so I could yell at him like Jeremy Piven in Entourage.
    09-28-14 02:04 PM
    call me stupid but don't phone systems have to get to know you first, like your habits, patterns movements etc? i mean i see commercials of dragon speech software being used flawlessly yet in the real world in order to achieve such flawlessness you have to give dragon a chance to get to know you.
    09-28-14 02:09 PM
    I do wish the JustType system worked the same. On my Q10 it was instant to recognize "Text Dan" but now it takes a bit longer.

Probably just needs to be mildly tweaked.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 03:24 PM
    It's software. It will improve over time just like everything else did with BB10

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-28-14 04:43 PM
    Man, this fairly embarrassing for Google Now. I was actually quite surprised it couldnt handle some of those commands. I think for a first try BB did a really good job but there is obvious room for improvement, which im sure will come. I actually hope they just buy the company that helped them make BB Virtual assistant.

Still wouldve loved to have seen Cortana in this comparison. From the videos ive seen, I think Microsoft did an amazing job with their voice assistant.
    09-28-14 04:43 PM
    I actually hope they just buy the company that helped them make BB Virtual assistant.
    They can't, apple owns them...
    09-28-14 05:13 PM
    They can't, apple owns them...
    Huh? Mayb we are talking about two different companies because the rumor was a company named Maluuba, based out of Waterloo, are the ones that power BB virtual assistant.

Unless im wrong or you know something I don't lol
    09-28-14 05:23 PM
    Wish they had a "name" for it. Lol then we could say hey "name" what do you think of Siri.....
    No, please...
    09-28-14 05:24 PM
    Huh? Mayb we are talking about two different companies because the rumor was a company named Maluuba, based out of Waterloo, are the ones that power BB virtual assistant.

Unless im wrong or you know something I don't lol
    Well, in that case I'm wrong...I recently red it was Nuance, the same that powered the previous OS assistant.
    09-28-14 05:29 PM
    Well, in that case I'm wrong...I recently red it was Nuance, the same that powered the previous OS assistant.
    Oh yeah Nuance has always powered the virtual assistants of BB but not the newer one in 10.3. I dont know if they have any involvement in it at all.

Also, Nuance was never bought buy Apple either
    09-28-14 05:38 PM
    The video definitely proves that BA while it's not the best right now and there's still(/always) room for improvement has a pretty good performance out of the starting blocks while compared to the competition so it can only go up from here....

BlackBerry Assistant still rough around the edges-ba.jpg

Not sure I needed the image of BA as my voice assistant. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    09-28-14 05:39 PM
    Oh yeah Nuance has always powered the virtual assistants of BB but not the newer one in 10.3. I dont know if they have any involvement in it at all.

Also, Nuance was never bought buy Apple either
    It was bought 2 o 3 years ago... I remember it, because I was upset by that (because it powered BB voice recognition at the time).
    09-28-14 06:27 PM
    It was bought 2 o 3 years ago... I remember it, because I was upset by that (because it powered BB voice recognition at the time).
    Apple bought Siri, which is an application that uses Nuance for the actual speech recognition part.

Nuance is still an independent company that powers other applications which need speech recognition. Companies use them automated phone assistants and such.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Rello likes this.
    09-28-14 06:34 PM
    Apple bought Siri, which is an application that uses Nuance for the actual speech recognition part.

Nuance is still an independent company that powers other applications which need speech recognition. Companies use them automated phone assistants and such.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    ^^^^This lol
    09-28-14 07:26 PM
    Then it was an uninformed news, it's probable because the source lost is competence lately.

But Apple didn't "bought" Siri, they made it...
    09-29-14 03:31 AM
    So she's Ms. Assistant now.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Assistant still rough around the edges-uploadfromtaptalk1411979770981.png   BlackBerry Assistant still rough around the edges-uploadfromtaptalk1411979810185.png  
    tenshh likes this.
    09-29-14 03:37 AM
    Then it was an uninformed news, it's probable because the source lost is competence lately.

But Apple didn't "bought" Siri, they made it...
    Huh?

"Siri was originally introduced as an iOS application available in the App Store by Siri,�Inc., which was acquired by Apple on April 28, 2010.[4] Siri,�Inc. had announced that their software would be available for BlackBerry and for phones running Android, but all development efforts for non-Apple platforms were cancelled after the acquisition by Apple.[5]"
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siri

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 03:56 AM
    What does BA do if you ask it this:

Read me the top 3 news articles from BBC.

Tell me the score of Packers vs Bears.

Repeat to me the last 3 emails from Mr. Smith or read me the 3rd last email from Mr. Smith.

Direct me to the nearest gas station.

Closest store that stocks driveway sealer.

What are my next 3 calendar appointments.
    09-30-14 07:44 PM
    Agreed it's pretty horrible right now - I wish we could remap that middle button between the volume buttons to something actually useful - like straight to the browser or hub for example.
    09-30-14 07:49 PM
81 1234