These app thingies are such great value for money. Mentioned this briefly in my last post. But here's what I don't get: some folk are buying this fantastic premium device and then balking at the expense of a 2.00 app. Whaaaaaaat! Who cares? We buy coffee for that much without a second thought. In my case a large mocha with whipped cream, marshmallows and chocolate flake. I NEVER have the chocolate sprinkle though, as I'm trying to watch what I eat. But I digress... I am myself a poor person, and I still feel these apps represent amazing value for money.

My current favourites: backup pro, clipman clipboard manager, keyboard shortcuts and stockdaddy turbo. All built for BlackBerry.

N.B. My get out of jail card is that I'm a lovely person. Means you simply cannot respond with angry posts. It's against the rules.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 10:44 AM
    Yes there are some great apps in BlackBerry World, and yes some of them are well worth the price of a cup of coffee.

Most of the complaints I hear about aren't the cost of these utility apps that you mention. But having to pay to get apps like Instagram or SnapChat... and they end up having fewer features or just don't even work (or get you banned).
    07-09-15 10:56 AM
    Yes there are some great apps in BlackBerry World, and yes some of them are well worth the price of a cup of coffee.

Most of the complaints I hear about aren't the cost of these utility apps that you mention. But having to pay to get apps like Instagram or SnapChat... and they end up having fewer features or just don't even work (or get you banned).
    and it's not even the fault of the developers. They are looking for ways around the silly rules that say BB is not an OS to be dealt with and therefore....no apps for you! This is what drives people to different platform phones. Sad. I'll be headed there too someday.
    07-09-15 10:58 AM
    and it's not even the fault of the developers. They are looking for ways around the silly rules that say BB is not an OS to be dealt with and therefore....no apps for you! This is what drives people to different platform phones. Sad. I'll be headed there too someday.
    There are no rules that say that.... it simple economics. It's the same issues that MS has been facing, and they have throw all kinds of money at it. And it the reason the are giving away Window 10 to most everyone... heck I bet some will be surprised some morning to find that it got installed.

Leaving Legacy users out of the upgrade was a mistake.
    Not pushing hard with the introduction of the PlayBook was a mistake.
    Not doing everything they could to create a surge in the BB10 user base at launch was a mistake.

But developers not building apps for a userbase that might have peaked at 10 million and is only falling now.... that was money and time saved on their part.
    07-09-15 11:53 AM