I know there are a ton of these threads, but just wanted to point out that i found some nice BlackBerry advertising on the Xbox 360 dashboard this weekend!

When I'm at University I've got my Xbox One so I don't see advertisements, but when i came back to KW this weekend i encountered some lovely BlackBerry ads on the 360 dashboard!

BlackBerry Advertising-img_20141101_114555_hdr.jpg

And another a day later (it changes every time you reboot the Xbox) on a different screen

BlackBerry Advertising-img_20141101_114522_hdr.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Aahleksh and m3mb3rsh1p like this.
    11-01-14 11:16 AM
    Niceeeeee

Z30 Beast on Roids..
    11-01-14 11:21 AM
    Wait, what? Blackberry advertising?

Those pictures are photoshopped. There's no way..
    11-01-14 01:09 PM
    Wait, what? Blackberry advertising?

Those pictures are photoshopped. There's no way..
    Ahahahahahah i thought so too! As soon as I booted it and saw them, i couldn't believe it! :P

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 04:03 PM
    I couldn't get my XBOX One to turn on today. If those pictures are legit, then I'm blaming Blackberry for breaking my One. The ad probably shocked my One into a permanent freeze. Thanks Blackberry. Thanks a whole lot.
    11-01-14 06:03 PM
    I couldn't get my XBOX One to turn on today. If those pictures are legit, then I'm blaming Blackberry for breaking my One. The ad probably shocked my One into a permanent freeze. Thanks Blackberry. Thanks a whole lot.
    Hahahahahhaahha the Xbox One to my knowledge doesn't have any advertisements! At least i haven't been able to find any noticeable ones yet! :P

The 360 however is where these pictures are from :P

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 08:06 PM
    Ads are served up based on your searches. Unlikely that a vast majority of people will see those.

Passport on Wind
    11-01-14 08:27 PM
    Ads are served up based on your searches. Unlikely that a vast majority of people will see those.

Passport on Wind
    It's a nice thought that they're advertising, don't have to be a negative nancy. I doubt everyone is make Web searches on their Xbox 360 when they have a phone that can do a much better job.

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    11-01-14 08:52 PM

Passport on Wind

It's a nice thought that they're advertising, don't have to be a negative nancy. I doubt everyone is make Web searches on their Xbox 360 when they have a phone that can do a much better job.

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000

To be honest, not sure I've used the search bar on the 360 more than a couple times when i was looking for games i couldn't find in the marketplace...

Nonetheless, i like seeing advertisements for BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 07:55 AM
    Xbox 360 users are not the Passport's target audience. But it's good to see BlackBerry ads like that.
    11-02-14 08:23 AM
    When I said searches, I meant all searches, not just on the xbox.

Were you on shop blackberry?

Have you googled blackberry?

Have you been on the crackberry forums?

If any of these have happened, then you've been tagged as someone who likes blackberry, and you get some blackberry ads.

Called targeted advertising.

Passport on Wind
    11-02-14 11:16 AM
    When I said searches, I meant all searches, not just on the xbox.

Were you on shop blackberry?

Have you googled blackberry?

Have you been on the crackberry forums?

If any of these have happened, then you've been tagged as someone who likes blackberry, and you get some blackberry ads.

Called targeted advertising.

Passport on Wind
    But nothing within the Microsoft account (you wouldn't catch me using Bing even if you paid me) and they don't do IP tracking for targeted advertising because too many building share ips for hundreds of users... right..?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 11:30 AM
    Nope. All your data gets sold off. Even assuming that you never typed in the words blackberry into a microsoft service.

Have you used Google? Google sells that stuff, that and ads are their primary income.

Facebook? Instagram? Pretty much online everywhere?

That data gets around. Don't forget you can be searched and your face is added to a database even if someone else takes a photo of you and uploads to their online accounts.

The good thing about this, is you can mess up their results by searching different things.

Passport on Wind
    11-02-14 02:16 PM
    Nope. All your data gets sold off. Even assuming that you never typed in the words blackberry into a microsoft service.

Have you used Google? Google sells that stuff, that and ads are their primary income.

Facebook? Instagram? Pretty much online everywhere?

That data gets around. Don't forget you can be searched and your face is added to a database even if someone else takes a photo of you and uploads to their online accounts.

The good thing about this, is you can mess up their results by searching different things.

Passport on Wind
    Oh i never doubted they took in all my info, I've just never have entered anything relevant to a Microsoft service...

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 03:11 PM