Hello Passport fans,

I am guessing many of you decided to take proper care of your device and purchased solid hardshell, flip case or taken any other protective measure. My genuine hardshell looks like a mess after moderate use. It began to attract so much lint and generally any particles from clothes you may imagine! The TPU actually started to disintegrate is 5 months. Obviously, I purchased it brand new but could storage conditions prior to the purchase be a possible reason for quicker deterioration?

Blackberry accessory disapointment-img_20191226_125206.jpg
    Blackberry accessory disapointment-img_20191226_125240.jpg
    Blackberry accessory disapointment-img_20191226_125230.jpg

P.S. Running the Passport with no case, feels awesome!
    12-26-19 05:14 AM
    I do agree that using the Passport without case it is better. But I had always a huge problem: the on/off button has always been doing jokes to me....activating or switching off the phone. See with the Classic!
    12-26-19 05:33 AM
    I do agree that using the Passport without case it is better. But I had always a huge problem: the on/off button has always been doing jokes to me....activating or switching off the phone. See with the Classic!
    Never had this problem as the power button is located on the top. If you leave the phone in your coat, shirt etc without being with other object, you should be fine, I just switched off the "Swipe to wake" functionality, I have recently had naughty things done by the "Swipe to wake". I also had the original flipcase where the on/off problem just cannot occur. I binned it after 2 months as it looked as if it had been used for a decade.
    12-26-19 06:01 AM
    I have always loved the original Blackberry Classic pouch case and have also wondered why this has never been offered for the PP...So, I bought such a case for Passport from China, half a year ago, and although it is not original, it does the job quite nicely! It even has the battery save mode function and looks really nice indeed! Very cheap too, although a lot of patience is needed with regards to receiving it.
    Radoslav Valkov likes this.
    01-01-20 03:40 PM
    I have always loved the original Blackberry Classic pouch case and have also wondered why this has never been offered for the PP...So, I bought such a case for Passport from China, half a year ago, and although it is not original, it does the job quite nicely! It even has the battery save mode function and looks really nice indeed! Very cheap too, although a lot of patience is needed with regards to receiving it.
    Would you have pics of it?

Posted via my Passport
    01-03-20 01:39 PM
    Would you have pics of it?

Posted via my Passport
    I can upload some pictures, but in the meantime, here's the Ebay listing, and the seller I actually bought mine from.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...kAAOSw7MtdNuHS

Very nice indeed. I bought it about 10 months ago and no problems at all.
    01-03-20 02:26 PM
    Nice! Thanks,
    01-03-20 03:08 PM
    Try the Body Glove case and holster. I don't have those issues.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-20 12:01 AM
    I used either original BB or Stilgut or Tetded leather cases for many years for my BB devices and was quite happy with them. The last Stilgut retired recently due to an accident (the Passport SE survived). Since I could not quickly find a replacement, I picked up a genuine BB leather flip case. Excellent quality and a good balance between protection and weight/size. I'd still prefer a "vertical" flip case where a cover drops down. But right now I'm quite satisfied.
    01-05-20 01:05 PM
    I used either original BB or Stilgut or Tetded leather cases for many years for my BB devices and was quite happy with them. The last Stilgut retired recently due to an accident (the Passport SE survived). Since I could not quickly find a replacement, I picked up a genuine BB leather flip case. Excellent quality and a good balance between protection and weight/size. I'd still prefer a "vertical" flip case where a cover drops down. But right now I'm quite satisfied.
    I used to have a Tetded and it started to quickly pump dust, lint and small leather particles into the speakers. I wish I had better experience with the genuine flipcase... I gave heard that Stilgut are of great quality but have not tested it yet, I don't want to spend more on useless protection more that the amount spent on the phone.
    01-05-20 01:36 PM
    Right... but since our Passports are becoming collectible items and it's almost impossible to find a new one today (not SE definitely), no protection means a risk of accidental destruction of the irreplaceable precious device. :-)
    I like the feeling of carrying "naked" Passport SE but I drop my phones too often, so...
    01-08-20 11:05 AM
    but I drop my phones too often, so...
    I understand your concern over good case protection!

risk of accidental destruction of the irreplaceable precious device
    Are you sure, an obsolete, EOL, square, non-Android, non-distracting? Who would want it even as a collectible item (even fully functional)?
    01-09-20 12:22 PM
    I used to have a Tetded and it started to quickly pump dust, lint and small leather particles into the speakers. I wish I had better experience with the genuine flipcase... I gave heard that Stilgut are of great quality but have not tested it yet, I don't want to spend more on useless protection more that the amount spent on the phone.
    Leather Tetded and Leather Stilgut cases appear to come from the same factory in my experience.
    01-09-20 12:23 PM
    Leather Tetded and Leather Stilgut cases appear to come from the same factory in my experience.
    Thanks for the warning about a potentially disappointing product!
    01-09-20 12:27 PM
    Thanks for the warning about a potentially disappointing product!
    No problem. I’ve had no problem with them replacing under warranty but many prefer a case that doesn’t require use of that warranty and I understand that.
    01-09-20 12:30 PM
    Regarding the original flip case, I was almost set to buy it and then saw some not so promising videos on youtube, where it was clearly demonstrated that the flip would not stay closed; also this case requires your phone to be stuck on the case, and I am not sure I'd like that. After all, the beauty of the SE is when you handle it naked. In which case, what I posted above comes really handy. You have your PP protected all the time, and you only get it out of the pouch case when you want to use it. Don't get me wrong; I don't preach here, and I did say that one needs to be patient with regards to delivery time, but it arrives in the end. The bonus here is that this case fits both the OG and the SE. Following that, most probably the AT&T version as well.
    01-09-20 01:20 PM
    Regarding the original flip case, I was almost set to buy it and then saw some not so promising videos on youtube, where it was clearly demonstrated that the flip would not stay closed; also this case requires your phone to be stuck on the case, and I am not sure I'd like that.
    I use the original flip case for about 3 months and have no issues so far. But yes, it's really "stuck" - once put into, it's too hard to take it out.
    01-09-20 04:17 PM