Does Windows 10 have a Hub like feature (i.e,, all messages, including text, MMS, email, etc. coming into a central app)?
    Not that I recall. I only work with one email.
    Central app??? Never heard of it
    09-03-15 04:01 PM
    ^^^I had to revert to 8.1, as windows 10 is not quite ready, last weekend cause I need my text working right while on the road.
    09-03-15 04:06 PM
    I really like W10 and W8.1, but the email interface and push is aweful. If you're an email focused consumer coming from a blackberry, you'll feel like you went backwards in time.

Posted via CB10
    Why? I have a Lumia 830 and email works fine.

Posted via CB10
    Alain_A and extisis like this.
    09-03-15 04:54 PM
    Why? I have a Lumia 830 and email works fine.

Posted via CB10
    Guess it's all in your usage patterns. I have a Lumia 830 and I detest using if for email. It's driven me back to preferring to answer email on my computer. Part of that is the keyboard and part of it is the Hub - but it just doesn't seem to have the options and features that I was used to from Z10. I can't even flag an email in my work email account.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 06:30 PM
    Guess it's all in your usage patterns. I have a Lumia 830 and I detest using if for email. It's driven me back to preferring to answer email on my computer. Part of that is the keyboard and part of it is the Hub - but it just doesn't seem to have the options and features that I was used to from Z10. I can't even flag an email in my work email account.

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly what I fell when using it. But it always depend on each one preferences. As I said before, the usability of BB10 Hub is years ahead of competition. Let's see what happens with Berrydroid OS when it comes out.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 01:03 AM
    Depends. I have one app complaining about Play Services but you can just dismiss the dialog saying that and the app works fine then.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 01:13 AM
    Btw, BB10 ftw. I'm just a regular end user (no business user) but BB10 works a gazillion times better than W10 IMHO. The interface is more practical to navigate, the Hub is just awesome. W10 doesn't even come close to BB10's awesomeness.
    09-04-15 05:43 AM
    Ditto!

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 07:47 AM
    I've just got my passport and am coming from lumia 1520 with WIN10 on it.
    So what can I say is that it's way more comfortable to have a wide phone than taller phone like my lumia was. So ergonomics go to the passport.

Now the OS is a different story. Tbh I was bummed out.

WIN10 was so great and overall lumia experience had absolutely nothing bad to it except the fact that a phone like BlackBerry passport existed. And that was eating me. So I decided to switch and try it out.

Even such a simple thing as emails in WIN10 are done so efficiently that it doesn't raise any questions. Compared to it, blackberry's emails are a major cluster-fcuck. Maybe there are settings to make it more understandable, but I don't want to go through settings to make phone show everything right. It should've been right in the first place. And from available email settings I've seen I honestly don't think that something better can be done, than it already is. Emails are major dissapointment comming from WIN10.

P.S. Typed this comment on passport and got to admit I liked every single button push I had to do.

Posted via CB10
    I'm surprised to read this. I find the idea of a Windows phone intriguing, mostly because of document handling, but I find the email experience from Microsoft (both the W10 tablet email client and Outlook) so vastly inferior to my BlackBerry that I shy away from it. What exactly do you find better about the W10 email experience? I use four different email accounts on my BlackBerry. I gave up trying to put more than one on an Outlook profile, for example, because it just screws everything up (for example, sending all messages for the default account regardless of which email address you select as the "from" address. I haven't figured out how to add more than one account to the W10 mail app.

So what exactly is BlackBerry doing wrong that ms is doing right (other than my pet peeve..the limitation on attachment sized imposed by the phone)?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 10:54 AM
    I don't understand why microsoft doesn't use on wp email an interface similar to the one of outlook. Should it be the case, I'll give a try to use my 640XL as my main device. Sometimes I'm lazy enough to switch the SIM on 640XL to Passport on Sunday. So I use it on Monday but should I have time to lunch at home the first thing I do is to switch to Passport. I believe those who compare BlackBerry Hub and email usability to WP probably are not using it properly. As said before, BlackBerry email layout and usability are zillions ahead of any other mobile platform.

Than comes the Passport keyboard which is nothing but great. Even when I use my Z30 which in my opinion has the best non physical keyboard, I immediately miss the Passport keyboard. If you use a keyboard for short texts or emails, that's fine, but if you need to use it to write more then one paragraph as I do often as a lawyer, Passport keyboard is unique.

That's my two cents.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 12:57 AM
    Windows 10 still has a future...

BB10 need to consult crystal ball to check if there is still future for it... especially that BlackBerry Android devices are on the way...

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 05:31 AM
    Windows 10 still has a future...

BB10 need to consult crystal ball to check if there is still future for it... especially that BlackBerry Android devices are on the way...

Posted via CB10
    Sad to hear, but true.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 08:24 AM
    I don't understand why microsoft doesn't use on wp email an interface similar to the one of outlook. Should it be the case, I'll give a try to use my 640XL as my main device. Sometimes I'm lazy enough to switch the SIM on 640XL to Passport on Sunday. So I use it on Monday but should I have time to lunch at home the first thing I do is to switch to Passport. I believe those who compare BlackBerry Hub and email usability to WP probably are not using it properly. As said before, BlackBerry email layout and usability are zillions ahead of any other mobile platform.

Than comes the Passport keyboard which is nothing but great. Even when I use my Z30 which in my opinion has the best non physical keyboard, I immediately miss the Passport keyboard. If you use a keyboard for short texts or emails, that's fine, but if you need to use it to write more then one paragraph as I do often as a lawyer, Passport keyboard is unique.

That's my two cents.

Posted via CB10
    Explain a zillion ahead?
    I also have a windows phone and for me to received and send email it is just the same as BB for outlook anyway.
    True that the pkb is nice on the Passport and the width of it.
    09-17-15 09:01 AM
    When I wake up I pick my Passport and have a quick look to the emails. Then I reply to some of them, read others and mark as unread so I can re-read it again at office, transfer some to some boxes I have and so on and delete a few. Basically in 10 minutes I have my inbox clean and rearranged. I'm using exchange so my office outlook and BlackBerry email boxes are exactly the same. Try to do this with a wp.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 12:18 AM
    Intellectually I agree that Windows 10 poses the biggest risk to BB10 & other mobile OS's. However, I don't think consumers are very rational in their decision making. Now that Apple & Android have a hold on the market, it won't make much of a difference if a newer, better platform is launched. No mass migration to BB10, despite its superiority in many aspects- even with Android apps.

Many argue that Apple computers are better than Windows, but Windows captured the marketing t first and has maintained a significant lead.

Many WebOS fans thought it was the best OS (and it probably was when it was launched), but it failed.

Perhaps over time, people will migrate to Windows 10 from a mobile perspective, but they won't rush since their iPhones and Android devices will still play with their Windows 10 PC's.

Posted via CB10

Isnt part of Windows lead over Apple due to cost?

Other than that OSX is better than Windows. Based on unix its a solid os, and anytime i open my Macbook its ready for work, whereas my Windows laptop is constantly ondexing or updating or requiring a long tedious restart, before it will let me work!
    09-19-15 09:21 PM
    windows 10 on the desktop and a windows 10 phone is starting to sound appealing to me. Don't tempt me.
    Yeah I agree, tentatively, I've already got Windows 10 on my HP envy and it seems to be logical to head towards a windows phone, if and I mean if BlackBerry disappears.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 09:51 PM
    That's right, but let's keep in mind that porting Android apps to BlackBerry World requires far less work then this, but many Android devs were still not interested. Microsoft is going to have to do a full court press in marketing WP10, and get phones into a lot of hands, even if they have to take a loss to do it. Then devs will start to pay attention.

I think Microsoft is going to do just that. With Windows and WP10 about ready, and some pent-up demand for new WP devices, deep roots in Enterprise, and deep pockets, their ducks are lined up.

I liked WP 7.5 for the beta it was. I haven't used WP 8.1 but I follow discussions on Windows Central. And WP10 looks promising. If BB10 tanks I'll take a careful look at WP10 as well as Chendroid, if the latter actually exists.
    I'm not so sure. Remember that one of Chen's first move was to dismantle the BlackBerry 10 developer relations program and, later, pre-load the Amazon App Store. There wasn't a lot of time to get things working and to create comfort and familiarity. Chen pretty much destroyed ecosystem development on BB10 before it got the number of installed devices necessary to attract developers. Alex now works for MS, BTW. Chen also withdrew from the handset discussion in general and most tooling and API upgrades stopped under him, as far as we know. It could be that he'll announce a huge upgrade and make up for lost time, but I doubt it.

But, as bad as Chen has been, Nadella has been terrific at Microsoft. Microsoft is fully committed to the platform game, reducing their number of devices to a couple of Lumia flagships, it has secured Windows 10 licensees, has provided ways for purchasers of Android devices to format and install Windows 10 as an upgrade on their devices, and has integrated fairly deeply with Windows 10 and XBOX platforms. The dev outreach and tooling improvements have been substantial and, while it will hurt having an Android player, the idea of "universal apps" that run on both desktop and phone will help.

Basically, BlackBerry under Chen isn't nearly as competitive as under Mike and Thor, but Microsoft is willing to compete and actually sees the value in having its own mobile platform. So, yeah,

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 10:29 PM
    windows 10 on the desktop and a windows 10 phone is starting to sound appealing to me. Don't tempt me.
    If Venice sucks it is off to windows phone for me. Likely will buy the 950 anyway.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 10:31 PM
243 ... 8910