Yes you can grab the ISO and roll the dice. But the "You're Ready" notification comes once your specific hardware setup is determined to be highly likely to upgrade without issue.
    I got the "you're ready" notification and upgraded my HTPC. It turns out that the graphics drivers are not ready for primetime on my particular Lenovo. Flash video was a particular problem (scarmbled green screens), which is a dealbreaker on an HTPC.

The good news? Downgrading back to Windows 7 took all of 20 minutes. They must make a system image of your existing system when you upgrade, and as a result, the downgrade is very fast and your drivers are also restored properly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-20-15 01:59 PM
    I got the "you're ready" notification and upgraded my HTPC. It turns out that the graphics drivers are not ready for primetime on my particular Lenovo. Flash video was a particular problem (scarmbled green screens), which is a dealbreaker on an HTPC.

The good news? Downgrading back to Windows 7 took all of 20 minutes. They must make a system image of your existing system when you upgrade, and as a result, the downgrade is very fast and your drivers are also restored properly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Lol. Maybe you were one of the first test installs.
    08-20-15 03:25 PM
    Lol. Maybe you were one of the first test installs.
    Quite possibly. It's not a common model -- and it has an AMD APU (the integrated CPU-GPU) -- so I'm not surprised.
    08-21-15 05:45 PM
    There are videos of people already getting the google play store on their windows 10 mobile. Wonder how long that will last, lol.
    08-22-15 01:34 AM
    There are videos of people already getting the google play store on their windows 10 mobile. Wonder how long that will last, lol.
    So, it sounds like the rumors may be true. Windows 10 becoming more of a viable option if BlackBerry goes Android.
    08-22-15 05:57 PM
    So, it sounds like the rumors may be true. Windows 10 becoming more of a viable option if BlackBerry goes Android.
    With W10's modular OS, project astoria, continuum, and universal apps, I'm fairly sure it will be a viable alternative.
    08-22-15 09:25 PM
    Windows 10 collects too much information about what i'm doing. Why does microsnot need my wifi password?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 09:27 PM
    Windows 10 collects too much information about what i'm doing. Why does microsnot need my wifi password?

Posted via CB10
    I understand your concern. But unlike Android, these options can be turned off. :-)
    extisis, d4691 and Alain_A like this.
    08-22-15 09:45 PM
    Well for Windows 10 Mobile is definitely an option if BlackBerry is full head on Android going forward. I use both a Passport and a Lumia 1500 for work. I installed the Tech Preview months ago. It is waayyy better than 8.1. Messaging improved, even more fluid than before. And since I have a Surface Pro3, HP desktop, Dynamics CRM, full Office 365, and an Xbox One, I'm already invested in their echo system and I must say...it really works for me.

Not to mention Microsoft has already released the details of their two new flagship phones. Check them out over on Windows Central site. Those phones have some beefed up specs and a few surprises that not even the Note5 can claim. So definitely keeping an eye out.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 05:21 AM
    Well for Windows 10 Mobile is definitely an option if BlackBerry is full head on Android going forward. I use both a Passport and a Lumia 1500 for work. I installed the Tech Preview months ago. It is waayyy better than 8.1. Messaging improved, even more fluid than before. And since I have a Surface Pro3, HP desktop, Dynamics CRM, full Office 365, and an Xbox One, I'm already invested in their echo system and I must say...it really works for me.

Not to mention Microsoft has already released the details of their two new flagship phones. Check them out over on Windows Central site. Those phones have some beefed up specs and a few surprises that not even the Note5 can claim. So definitely keeping an eye out.

Posted via CB10
    How about a link? I'm not finding it over there.

Thanks
    Alain_A likes this.
    08-23-15 08:27 AM
    Well for Windows 10 Mobile is definitely an option if BlackBerry is full head on Android going
    forward. I use both a Passport and a Lumia 1500 for work. I installed the Tech Preview months ago. It is waayyy better than 8.1. Messaging improved, even more fluid than before. And since I have a Surface Pro3, HP desktop, Dynamics CRM, full Office 365, and an Xbox One, I'm already invested in their echo system and I must say...it really works for me.

Posted via CB10
    I'll be looking into it tonight.
    Sounds very good to me

Sent from Windows 10
    08-23-15 08:43 AM
    WHy are we talking microsoft or anything windows in a BLACKBERRY PASSPORT forum blog!?

go here: www.forums.windowscentral.com

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    08-23-15 09:31 PM
    WHy are we talking microsoft or anything windows in a BLACKBERRY PASSPORT forum blog!?

Maybe because of the topic? No
    08-23-15 09:42 PM
    WHy are we talking microsoft or anything windows in a BLACKBERRY
    PASSPORT forum blog!?

That is the topic.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-25-15 09:21 AM
    Recently purchased a Surface 3. I've been impressed by Windows 10 as a desktop OS on my main rigs. It works well as a tablet OS, too - offering as it does a productivity feature set that basically eclipses the competition.

There's another thread trending about BlackBerry looking again at the tablet market, but the Surface 3/Windows 10 is to me precisely why they shouldn't. It's too good a combination to compete with.

Handsets for me are a different matter - mainly for personal reasons, as a member of the BlackBerry faithful. If it weren't for that though, Windows 10 phones would be my next home.
    08-25-15 09:57 AM
    How about a link? I'm not finding it over there.

Thanks
    Here is a link

Microsoft's Cityman and Talkman flagship Lumia phones and what you need to know | Windows Central
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-25-15 10:03 AM
    I could be interested in that. SD slot, removable battery.
    Alain_A likes this.
    08-25-15 10:56 AM
    I could be interested in that. SD slot, removable battery.
    Well ,yeah if true, the 950XL will be for me if it runs like the win 10 on computer.
    As of now 10 is not bad on my Lumia 830, not finished tho. UI very fluid.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-25-15 11:01 AM
    I will look at the slider and see how much BlackBerry we get. Hub, pim, flow are most important. I will also look at Windows 10 mobile and see what that looks like. I prefer BlackBerry, but don't want too much of the Android shenanigans.
    08-25-15 01:24 PM
    I really like W10 and W8.1, but the email interface and push is aweful. If you're an email focused consumer coming from a blackberry, you'll feel like you went backwards in time.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 10:35 PM
    I really like W10 and W8.1, but the email interface and push is aweful. If you're an email focused consumer coming from a blackberry, you'll feel like you went backwards in time.

Posted via CB10
    What are talking about...i guess it depends of which email 📧 account you use.
    For me the outlook.com is at the same speed as my z 30 on the receiving side.
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-02-15 11:17 PM
    What are talking about...i guess it depends of which email 📧 account you use.
    For me the outlook.com is at the same speed as my z 30 on the receiving side.
    Well..... it would be sacrilege for their own proprietary format to be as sluggish as the others lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 11:45 PM
    It is not the speed but the layout. To be honest in this respect Blackberry is years ahead of any competitor. That's how I feel when using my wp 640XL on the weekends.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 12:42 AM
    It is not the speed but the layout. To be honest in this respect Blackberry is years ahead of any competitor. That's how I feel when using my wp 640XL on the weekends.

Posted via CB10
    I can adapt to any layout. I have using berries and windows phone for quite awhile and never had a problem. In windows phone 10; same thing different layout. No problem. As long I can work with that's all it matters.
    And when windows phone 10 become official that will be the only thing I will use to compare.
    09-03-15 08:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    I can adapt to any layout. I have using berries and windows phone for quite awhile and never had a problem. In windows phone 10; same thing different layout. No problem. As long I can work with that's all it matters.
    And when windows phone 10 become official that will be the only thing I will use to compare.
    Does Windows 10 have a Hub like feature (i.e,, all messages, including text, MMS, email, etc. coming into a central app)?
    09-03-15 03:09 PM
243 ... 78910