Windows 10 is very elegant and I find very easy to navigate, is very fast and doesn�t take a huge footprint. Apple on the other hand is a propitiatory system which doesn�t allow installation of any hardware other than Apple hardware. Blackberry 10 is very secure, elegant, fast, and I find if you are not needing a lot of unnecessary android apps, it a great phone and operating system. Its business based, I agree, not fan based and I rather have a very secure phone and operating system..
    Isn't Blackberry 10 a propitiatory system that doesn't allow installation on any hardware other than Blackberrys? Kinda weird that you would throw Apple under the bus in that way and not mention that its the same on Blackberry. Hell even Windows 10 is a propitiatory system that you technically have to pay to install on non Microsoft hardware.
    08-15-15 08:22 PM
    The biggest problem with Windows 10 is the tiles in my opinion. I have used all the major flagships including a Windows 8.1 phone and the UI and tiles experience, although stylish at first blush, quickly became annoying and difficult to navigate. I'm a big Microsoft fan and am excited for win10 on desktop, but if the mobile version is all tiles, I think it'll fail to attract users.

I hated win8.1 mobile even more than android and that saying a lot. To me, only ios and BB10 have great User interfacing.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 09:56 PM
    I have Lenovo Miix 2 and it was already upgraded to Windows 10. Like the first time I've used BB10 (it must be a placebo effect) but as this moment, I love the Windows 10!!

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 11:33 PM
    I am thorn between the BB 10 and WP 10....I guess I need to know what the PP can do and WP can't?????? and/or vice versa

I have both for now
    08-17-15 01:25 PM
    Windows 10? Why? Catch herself on!

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 02:45 PM
    so far so good with Win 10..it is just like my computer with Win 10 on it
    08-17-15 02:48 PM
    Just today I checked few of the windows 10 preview and what it's going to offer on a phone. Here are the features that got my buy in.

1. Connect your windows phone to a screen via hdmi and take full control of your phone. This to me seems is one of the killer feature.

R: BlackBerry 10 phones and the BlackBerry Playbook have had that since day 1!

2. Integrated office. Full office integration that has the same look and feel like the original office.
    3. Do whatever work on a laptop and continue doing it on the phone.
    4. Security. Oh man that unlock feature using the camera is damn fast and secure.

R: Microsoft invented spying on your computer and no system has been more hacked than Microsoft Windows. Do you really think that they are secure now and do not spy on you? Think again!

5. The new email with integrated office feels so natural

6. The multitasking feature is so cool.

R: Really? Again, BlackBerry 10 and the Playbook have had that, like Linux and Unix, since day 1.

In addition to the above and with office integration, one-drive I can easily say that no more Google for me.

R: Both are spyware!

But with all this not live yet I mean there is no windows 10 phone yet I have decided to enjoy the coming few months with my BlackBerry Passport until the 950XL comes out and I am for sure switching. I will for sure miss the Hub.

To me BlackBerry keeping quite or not responding to iOS9, Android M and windows 10 is breaking my heart because I would expect at least a teaser or something from BlackBerry to keep there users hold off from switching to other OSs. But that's not happening all I hear is some security enhancements and that's all.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 03:47 PM
    I want to stay with BlackBerry, but I also want to stay with Verizon. A conundrum for sure. Don't want the Classic. What's one to do?
    08-17-15 06:02 PM
    Punt
    08-17-15 06:07 PM
    Punt
    what is punt?????
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-17-15 06:36 PM
    I am thorn between the BB 10 and WP 10....I guess I need to know what the PP can do and WP can't?????? and/or vice versa

I have both for now
    Umm.. how about wait until W10 for phones finally releases. Then make your decision.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 08:30 PM
    what is punt?????
    Like flipping a coin. Just an expression.
    Alain_A likes this.
    08-17-15 09:20 PM
    Umm.. how about wait until W10 for phones finally releases. Then make your decision.

Posted via CB10
    I have both 10 Passport and Lumia 830 with Windows 10
    08-17-15 11:02 PM
    Like flipping a coin. Just an expression.
    Exactly right time to flip a coin
    mprattmd likes this.
    08-17-15 11:03 PM
    I have both 10 Passport and Lumia 830 with Windows 10
    you have a preview build of Windows 10 Mobile. not a final release. However, they are testing the next build as we speak.

According to Winbeta.org:
    "Last week, the Windows team released mobile build 10512. Unfortunately for many, the build failed to address some major bugs and issues that carried over from earlier builds."

like i said. wait.
    08-17-15 11:04 PM
    you have a preview build of Windows 10 Mobile. not a final release. However, they are testing the next build as we speak.

According to Winbeta.org:
    "Last week, the Windows team released mobile build 10512. Unfortunately for many, the build failed to address some major bugs and issues that carried over from earlier builds."

like i said. wait.
    Oh yeah, I am patiently waiting for the new HW to come out
    08-18-15 12:50 AM
    Currently using a Lumia 640 and passport. The 640 only cost me $80 and for the money, you'd be surprised what it can do. WP10 doesn't really match BB10 in terms of actual OS use, but for someone looking for a good phone that can handle speadsheet editing and Skype with some light gaming, it's a fine phone even with the windows 10beta on it. It's really the 1gb of ram that kills that device. Apps just plain don't stay open in the background so it's very much a one app at a time experience.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    08-18-15 07:20 AM
    Oh yeah, I am patiently waiting for the new HW to come out
    i'm talking SW, not HW....
    08-18-15 04:35 PM
    The windows 10 rollout is phased. Apparently based upon the verified compatibility of your specific hardware set up. Once your configuration is one where all drivers are known to work together, you should get a notification it is ready for you to install. Not sure if anyone knows how MS verifies all this. Perhaps they roll it out to small sample. Get telemetry back post installation. And if zero upgrade issues occur then expand to that specific hardware set up.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    You can always go directly to the windows download page on their site, I lost the link now but I'm sure it's easy to find in google

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 05:39 PM
    Are there no plans to also get iOS onto bb10? Like we have Android...?

webOS R.I.P.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 05:48 PM
    Are there no plans to also get iOS onto bb10? Like we have Android...?

webOS R.I.P.

Posted via CB10
    Thank goodness no.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 06:47 PM
    i'm talking SW, not HW....

I know what you were talking about... both are coming "The final software in new Hardware" is also coming.
    08-18-15 07:47 PM
    I know what you were talking about... both are coming "The final software in new Hardware" is also coming.
    it's obvious new hardware will come. you just said it like it had something to do with what i was saying.
    08-18-15 10:47 PM
    I've just got my passport and am coming from lumia 1520 with WIN10 on it.
    So what can I say is that it's way more comfortable to have a wide phone than taller phone like my lumia was. So ergonomics go to the passport.

Now the OS is a different story. Tbh I was bummed out.

WIN10 was so great and overall lumia experience had absolutely nothing bad to it except the fact that a phone like BlackBerry passport existed. And that was eating me. So I decided to switch and try it out.

Out of the box I'm really dissapointed with BBOS10. Of course I have yet to learn many things, but I really got used to win10 simplicity. I am on the fence so to speak. Thinking about going back to windows phone.

Of course it's just a second day with my passport and I will do my best to learn and appreciate it, but again my initial thoughts about BBOS10 compared to win10 is nothing but a bummer. BBOS seems very boring. Even android-like. Tiles in my opinion are superior to everything that's out there in mobile phone or call it smart phone OS industry.
    I could always get cheap lumia as a second phone because they all perform smooth despite the hardware, but I don't want to have 2 phones.

Note: I don't play games, and really like having keyboards on phones, but after BlackBerry and windows experience if I had to chose a device I 'd have to use for the next 2-5yrs then lumia would be my choice.

Software: WINDOWS 10 much better user experience than BBOS10.
    Even such a simple thing as emails in WIN10 are done so efficiently that it doesn't raise any questions. Compared to it, blackberry's emails are a major cluster-fcuck. Maybe there are settings to make it more understandable, but I don't want to go through settings to make phone show everything right. It should've been right in the first place. And from available email settings I've seen I honestly don't think that something better can be done, than it already is. Emails are major dissapointment comming from WIN10.

MAPS - again WIN10 has best maps in any system PERIOD.
    Camera - also best cameras on smarphones. No other phone can even come close to quality that my lumia 1520 produced. I'd bet my passport that even galaxy s7 and iphone 7 won't produce pictures good as that.
    Passport camera seems to produce pictures with a quality of my old NOKIA E6 8MPix

P.S. Typed this comment on passport and got to admit I liked every single button push I had to do.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by yipikaye; 08-19-15 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Paragraphed for easier reading
    08-19-15 03:35 AM
    You can always go directly to the windows download page on their site, I lost the link now but I'm sure it's easy to find in google

Posted via CB10
    Yes you can grab the ISO and roll the dice. But the "You're Ready" notification comes once your specific hardware setup is determined to be highly likely to upgrade without issue. Theory is that Microsoft is working with OEMs to test and verify specific sets of hardware and driver sets. Your setup is part of a testing/validation matrix so to speak. Moreover you can assume than when say a Dell XPS 1530 blah blah blah is validated the initial roll out is to some small sample of folks using that hardware and then telemetry is returned to Microsoft showing no upgrade issues, etc. Then it likely gets pushed to all others with that exact same hardware.

By the way Paul Thurrott and Mary Jo Foley are the ones that explain all this -- not my special knowledge or anything. I am just "regurgitating" their stated "best knowledge" of the process.
    08-19-15 12:27 PM
243 ... 678910