BB is really tight when it comes to security. Yet, these a world of competition. People would switch to the most trending and more secure OS. If BB won't do something about it and will let Windows pass through its high security then BB will be left out. Developers would need to create something that wold be appealing to people and continue to use and trust BB's security.
    07-30-15 04:28 AM
    I'm using a Lumia 640XL and the Passport. Lumia is nice but nothing compares to BB10 experience. Although I haven't received yet the update to wp10.

There is no OS that matches the BlackBerry Hub.

However, if I had to change I'm would go for wp10.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 05:15 AM
    I'm using a Lumia 640XL and the Passport. Lumia is nice but nothing compares to BB10 experience. Although I haven't received yet the update to wp10.

There is no OS that matches the BlackBerry Hub.

However, if I had to change I'm would go for wp10.

Posted via CB10
    I will wait for your feedback once the wp10 is out.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 05:30 AM
    I have the 830 and am also waiting for the update. Got it on my laptop yesterday and it's nice. Hope the phone version is similar.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 07:28 AM
    I have the 830 and am also waiting for the update. Got it on my laptop yesterday and it's nice. Hope the phone version is similar.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't get it on laptop yet. How did you manage to get it on your laptop? Knowing that I reserved my copy.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 07:30 AM
    I didn't get it on laptop yet. How did you manage to get it on your laptop? Knowing that I reserved my copy.

Posted via CB10
    When I came home from work yesterday t was ready to download. They are probably rolling it out over time.

Posted via CB10
    JRF_1986 likes this.
    07-30-15 08:07 AM

1. Hub. Just fantastic. We all see the MS model for handling email, and it just isn't as nice. And they've already had forever to make improvements to it. Outlook seems to get worse every time it is "improved."

Posted via CB10
    Just having a desktop powerful Outlook on Windows Phone would be a step forward, but I'd love to see MS rework Outlook so it was baked in the OS like BB Hub is, easily accessible from anywhere.
    07-30-15 08:54 AM
    But BlackBerry, if you're listening, will you please get rid of your stupid email attachment size limit? It isn't 1999, anymore. Geez.

Posted via CB10
    You know email providers have their own attachment limits right? It's still exists not just within a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 09:21 AM
    I know that, but the phone has its own limits. One of my email accounts is on an exchange server that is internal. I have to use webmail to send large attachments. iPhone users do not have this issue, and there ought to be absolutely no business communication need that an iPhone can do better than a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 11:22 AM
    I know that, but the phone has its own limits. One of my email accounts is on an exchange server that is internal. I have to use webmail to send large attachments. iPhone users do not have this issue, and there ought to be absolutely no business communication need that an iPhone can do better than a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    So you can send a 75meg mp4 by imessage no problem?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 01:32 PM
    Just today I checked few of the windows 10 preview and what it's going to offer on a phone. Here are the features that got my buy in.

1. Connect your windows phone to a screen via hdmi and take full control of your phone. This to me seems is one of the killer feature.
    2. Integrated office. Full office integration that has the same look and feel like the original office.
    3. Do whatever work on a laptop and continue doing it on the phone.
    4. Security. Oh man that unlock feature using the camera is damn fast and secure.
    5. The new email with integrated office feels so natural
    6. The multitasking feature is so cool.

In addition to the above and with office integration, one-drive I can easily say that no more Google for me.

But with all this not live yet I mean there is no windows 10 phone yet I have decided to enjoy the coming few months with my BlackBerry Passport until the 950XL comes out and I am for sure switching. I will for sure miss the Hub.

To me BlackBerry keeping quite or not responding to iOS9, Android M and windows 10 is breaking my heart because I would expect at least a teaser or something from BlackBerry to keep there users hold off from switching to other OSs. But that's not happening all I hear is some security enhancements and that's all.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 04:09 PM
    Windows 10 is about mining your data from your computer and that is why it's free.

Posted via CB10
    Sean Fanelli likes this.
    07-30-15 05:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    iMessage is not an email client.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 06:24 PM
    Windows 10 is about mining your data from your computer and that is why it's free.

Posted via CB10
    I think it's free because they know a lot didn't like 8.
    07-30-15 08:17 PM
    Only interested in a Win 10 device if it comes with a PKB. But having said that it'll be hard to beat my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 08:28 PM
    I think it's free because they know a lot didn't like 8.
    Ios9 and Android M are free. Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 09:18 PM
    iMessage is not an email client.

Posted via CB10
    then whatever iphone uses for email (shows you how much i pay attention to it)
    07-30-15 09:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't know if iOS has an upper limit in the email client, but I've seen people send 15 MB files via email on their iPhones, which BlackBerry will not allow. In fact, my GF has both an iPhone and a Q10 using the same email account, and she prefers the Q for emails, but has to switch to her iPhone if she wants to send something large.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 09:58 PM
    Appears few have read how Windows 10 will slurp your life and share your. WiFi password with contacts, friends and others.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 10:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    The windows 10 rollout is phased. Apparently based upon the verified compatibility of your specific hardware set up. Once your configuration is one where all drivers are known to work together, you should get a notification it is ready for you to install. Not sure if anyone knows how MS verifies all this. Perhaps they roll it out to small sample. Get telemetry back post installation. And if zero upgrade issues occur then expand to that specific hardware set up.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-30-15 11:40 PM
    If a person has to maintain a phone running Windows like a PC running Windows, then no thanks. What a friggin' hassle that would be! Spyware and all that garbage. And trust me, Windows 10 will have to be secured and maintained like that, it won't be secure at all without installing a bunch of stupid apps, just like the PC.

Posted via CB10
    Windows 10 Mobile is not the same as Windows 10 for PCs.

07-30-15 11:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't agree. It is free because Microsoft realizes they'll lose the platform wars in part based on how terribly fragmented the Windows user base has become. With businesses being one of the slowest to upgrade. Free Windows 10 upgrades for one year is all about moving everyone to a single code base to make it easier for developers to write apps. Ala Apple.

jdesignz and kbz1960 like this.
    07-30-15 11:49 PM
    Appears few have read how Windows 10 will slurp your life and share your. WiFi password with contacts, friends and others.

Posted via CB10
    Not true. You have to tell it to share with specific contact groups and for specific saved networks.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/no-wind...security-risk/

kbz1960 and Vorkosigan like this.
    07-30-15 11:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can force it to download it now or anytime you want by downloading their Media Creation Tool. Also 7/8.1 users who haven't had time to reserve can also get the update just click on this link to help you download and setup the tool http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...n-tool-install
    kbz1960 and southlander like this.
    07-31-15 05:40 AM
    Windows!? No thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 05:44 AM
243 ... 34567 ...